It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulgarian lottery picks same numbers in straight draws

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

Yes, and if you think about it, aren't the odds of one person guessing enough numbers to get a substantial prize (not the big one, but subtantial) *several* times in their lifetime even more astronomical? And yet it happens. It even happened to me.

I remember hearing on the news there was a man in Mexico who gt the big one several times, so they had to conduct an ivestigation, but they couldn't find any irregularities. Seems the guy is just plain lucky.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here's what's really funny...

1 in 4.2 million chances for this to happen is still better odds I'm going to win.

Not that unusual then is it?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Er, it doesn't work like that.

Whether it is predicted occurence or a "fluke", the chances are 1 in 14 million to win, or 1 in 4.2 mil to produce the same numbers two weeks running, so it is nearly 4 times more likely that the same numbers will come out as opposed to you winning the event.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I say although it's possible , I don't believe this happened unless someone kind of rigging was involved .

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Most European lotteries are rigged!
In Belgium, I believe it was in the 90ties, some guy brought evidence about it on the Internet, yet he never got anywhere with it.
We have a country that is devided in a dutch and a french part. They say we all play with the same lottery drawing. Nr's are drawn but they don't go on tv life. In between the dutch broadcast and the french one, there is an hour time difference.
So this guy started taping both lotteries and over time found huge differences in them. Numbers where the same, but sometimes the collors of the balls didn't match, time in between two balls was different, etc...

I'll bet it's the same with the European "Euromillions game"! (time to go google that one, lol)

IMHO, all lotteries are rigged!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

How are they "rigged"?
All *I* ever did was to choose a set of numbers and I won a pretty respectable sum... sveral times (not in a row, but several times). And I if I hadn't replaced one of the numbers I would have won the "big" one.

And there was a person in Britain, a humble hairdresser or something, who won almost 40 million pounds a few years ago. How and why would the lottery be rigged for her specifically? (Nobody else won at that time.)

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
No proof of this but locally here...the story goes..
Supposedly a man bought a ticket 15-20 mins after the actual drawing so the #'s and the date on the ticket would match...
Then went to a local pub and claimed to be a felon "reason I heard is felons can't claim winnings?" and sold the ticket for 10k to another patron obviously under the inluence, anyways I guess I just made a scam public..

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle
reply to post by GypsK

How are they "rigged"?

I don't know "how" it works

maybe it's done to build up a jackpot to create the illusion of BIG winnings while all the other weeks the state makes a huge profit. It all goes through the computer nowdays, it isn't that hard for "them" to come up with a series of nr's that won't give a winner, or only one winner... They know exactly which nr's will fall before they fall. That's why it's rigged.
It has nothing to do with you personal or the hairdresser, or the lucky guy in the next town.

instead of calculting the odds of wining, have you ever calculated the profit made from lotteries worldwide?

btw, nice for you that you have won, 4 right nr's is the most I ever won

[edit on 21/9/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

instead of calculting the odds of wining, have you ever calculated the profit made from lotteries worldwide?

btw, nice for you that you have won, 4 right nr's is the most I ever won

I haven't calculated it, but I can imagine it's BIG.
But most of the profit (in most countries) goes to charity. I don't mind that.

Four right numbers is still better than *no* right numbers. Good for you.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If it went to charity I would be very ok with it... sadly, over here it goes to the state.
(but I still play, hehe)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join