It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your Gripe about Obama?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I personally like Obama. While I may not agree with all his policies I do believe he is steering this country in the right direction. I believe that we do need more government control. Look at the mess we are in now This happened because we deregulated wallstreet.

So all I want to know is what your problem is with our current commander and cheif. I will not answer what I can. I want to know if you believe what others have said. ie death panels. Pleaase no name calling here I would like this to be a civil discussion.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
My gripe about Obama.

He is GWB lite But will soon be GWB heavy.

And soon, GWB will be Obama lite.

How can anybody not see this?

I'm just going to give one example of all the BS.

Republicans scream about abortion.

Until recently.

A republican president. A congress that was contolled by Republicans for 6 years. A "friendly" SCOTUS.
A
Anti-abortion bills that made it out of commitee.

Priceless!!

And abortion is still an issue?

It's a game to them all.

Do you believe this?

Well, I have the wreckage of the USS Maine to sell you. Heh.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

My biggest gripe is that people won't shut up about him.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

Yeah, I actually somewhat agree. It is almost like we need less deregulation but perhaps a little bit more government control and regulations. I just hope there are moderates in there and not a bunch of crazy liberals running the show which seems to be the case with some Obama admin. Czars. Being middle of the road, moderate is key the way the U.S. now. Hope Obama is taking the Clinton rout and not something entirely different. I am still in wait and see mode now.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I agree with LordBucket, there's too much praise/coverage/hate towards this man. Plus he's just a media whore, like Gloria Aldridge(spell check?). But my main beef is that the "birth certificate" he gave after a certain grace period of not having one. then it was a certificate of live birth, not his BC. suspicious.....

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I love how some people really loved Clinton, I can't really see why other than he had a decent foreign policy (minus not killing Osama Bin Laden). He really didn't end up doing a whole lot, I mean the reason why he ended up with a budget surplus was because of welfare reform, and he also had a Republican Congress under him, so really he wasn't even running much of the show. You know I think people are too infatuated with Presidents personally, all branches are supposed to be separate but equal. Unfortunately I think the executive branch has been growing in power...

My gripe with Obama is he's just continuing down the same road of Bush just in a different way. He is increasing spending just as much as his predecessor. We're not getting out of our wars. Nothing has really changed, because none of them will look at the real problems of our country. People elected him thinking he'll be like Clinton and I think they're going to be very disappointed, just like how my father voted for Bush Jr. thinking he'll be like Bush Sr. Big disappointment. What I want is a Libertarian type person that will hold to their word, no bailouts & little spending, little foreign intervention, low taxes, more state power. Inflation is only inches away, the dollar has fallen quite a bit this last week, Euro=1.4720 or somewhere around that.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
I love how some people really loved Clinton, I can't really see why other than he had a decent foreign policy (minus not killing Osama Bin Laden). He really didn't end up doing a whole lot, I mean the reason why he ended up with a budget surplus was because of welfare reform, and he also had a Republican Congress under him, so really he wasn't even running much of the show. You know I think people are too infatuated with Presidents personally, all branches are supposed to be separate but equal. Unfortunately I think the executive branch has been growing in power...

My gripe with Obama is he's just continuing down the same road of Bush just in a different way. He is increasing spending just as much as his predecessor. We're not getting out of our wars. Nothing has really changed, because none of them will look at the real problems of our country. People elected him thinking he'll be like Clinton and I think they're going to be very disappointed, just like how my father voted for Bush Jr. thinking he'll be like Bush Sr. Big disappointment. What I want is a Libertarian type person that will hold to their word, no bailouts & little spending, little foreign intervention, low taxes, more state power. Inflation is only inches away, the dollar has fallen quite a bit this last week, Euro=1.4720 or somewhere around that.

Very good points and comment.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

Like I said before...

Maybe it has something to do with 23 trillion dollars in guaranteed loans to criminal bankers....

Or the 95 Afghan children his air-strikes have lit on fire....

Or the continuing job losses.....

Or the expanded wars

What do people have against Obama? The exact same things they had against Bush....

Just sayin...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

My gripe? I think he's politically neutered and toothless. I really do appreciate his concern for the circumstances and potential for political volatility of being black in the White House and facing a GOP who's now cornered and vulnerable after losing control of the house, senate, and presidency. He can cross party lines to establish bi-partisan cooperation without being a mealy mouthed p***** about it. Aside from hardliners capitalizing on perceived tendency towards appeasement pushing him around on the defensive, reactive position - I think it sends the wrong message to world leaders to whom will try to exploit it as a weakness. We've yet to see if he can truly handle throwing elbows in the political arena, since he's treading very lightly on a delicate domestic issue. But thus far, his performance hasn't been impressive thus far in this regard.

I don't particularly care for his choice of Francis S. Collins as director of the NIH, but I'll give the man a chance to prove himself before criticizing either him or Obama for picking him.

Other than that, I'm still rather wait and see. Like Bush, Bush, and Clinton, I may hold pre-existing apprehensions, but I'll give it until mid-term elections to start forming a position on how effective his leadership is.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I just don't think he is cut out for the job. Completely under qualified! And he's about as transparent as a brick. He hides away his past... and more. A super hypocrite in a dangerous position.. A wolf in sheep's clothing. Good luck America, you're going to need it to survive the one and only term this joker will ever serve as POTUS.

IRM

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I believe that we do need more government control. Look at the mess we are in now This happened because we deregulated wall street.

The mess we are in was caused by excessive government control.
One of the reasons is that Wall Street is in control. (they certainly have more influence than we the people)

I used to like Obama, right up until the day he was elected. Although he is "likable" I did not vote for him because he never once reviled his definition of "change" during the campaign.

After learning that George W. Bush declared a state of emergency in order to help pay for Obama's inauguration (the most expensive in history) I realized what he was. (just another one of the NWO gang)

So I was not suppressed when he immediately began breaking his campaign promises (continuing the war's, the torturing, the secrecy, the Patriot Act, etc.). Just as I was not surprised when he ignored the leading economists who warned him about the "bail outs" (one of the methods used by the "Fed" to cause the great depression)

And I am not surprised that his plan for health care "reform" will require all Americans to buy health insurance, or that he refuses to support any plan without such a requirement.

I must admit that it is kind of ironic that we now have a black president who will be taking our freedom away.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
My gripe? That people actually learn the facts before people go spouting about "deregulation" and "budget surpluses".

The first one about "deregulation", True they did deregulate the banks to where they could own other banks so they could become mega banks. I don't know if it is the media brainwashing or if people are just that dumbed down, but there is this government agency called the "SEC" and a house and senate "Finance Committee" that could have ordered an investigation into these banks at any point during the time after "deregulation".

On the other note about that, what is conveniently left out of the "deregulation" discussion is the fact that a prior "regulation" called the "Community Reinvestment Act" is one of the single contributing causes behind this whole mess.

Now about the "surplus" Clinton siphoned money from SS to make it look like he had a "surplus" and the nation debt actually grew under him just like every other president, except for Andrew Jackson, who was the only president in American history to balance the national debt. As far as the "surplus" goes the treasury data backs it all up.

Now my grip is that Obama is no different than any politician. He lies about everything, just like a politician.

Now my biggest grip is people that continue to spout half truths and fail to do any critical investigating and thinking of their own. If all these people that say they want more "government control" actually realized how much control they actually have now and how screwed up everything is because of the "government control" that they "Think" they want the smart ones would change their tune.

Also another gripe, this is like the 60th(exaggeration) "Why Do people hate Obama" thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Read this please.

I believe that we do need more government control. Look at the mess we are in now This happened because we deregulated wallstreet.

Jesus christ, a quick look at history would make you wake up.

Government control? An answer? Maybe in some parts, but I sure as hell want less control from them.

I didn't deregulate wallstreet and I doubt you did, why is everyone generalizing people.

Certain people didn't certain things.

If a business is failing, well big woop, let it fail, don't keep the scab open...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

I love how some people really loved Clinton, I can't really see why other than he had a decent foreign policy (minus not killing Osama Bin Laden). He really didn't end up doing a whole lot....

You are kidding are you not?

Clinton with his Chief Foreign Trade Advisor, Robert Shapiro, CEO of Monsanto, brought us The World Trade Organization and NAFTA.

VP of Cargill, Dan Amstutz wrote the WTO Agreement on Agriculture (AoA) And his "Freedom to Farm" law that did away with strategic grain reserves under Clinton. " the "Freedom to Farm" law, with the objective to get the government out of supply management and food reserves, was a resounding success.??? Now the likes of Cargill, Tyson and ADM own and manage the world's food supply/security. What a sobering thought! There is no surplus of food in our world, or for that matter, this country."

Under Clinton, Monsanto's lawyer Mike Taylor gave us GMO Franken Food without any testing. He did this by declaring GMO equivalent to natural food. Obama is following in Clinton's foot steps as he and the Democratic Congress hand over US farm land to the Ag giants via the "food Safety bills" with Mike Taylor (see below) tapped as Food Czar and a Monsanto shill, Vilsack as Sec of Ag. Link

The results of Clinton's Foreign Policy
8 million people in India have quit farming, and the spate of farm suicides – the largest sustained wave recorded in history – causes a farmer to suicide every 30 minutes The rate has worsened since 2001, by which time India was well down the WTO garden path in agriculture. Link

Look to the European Union, which has policies that are planned for implementation here. Their WTO-inspired “free trade” and “Farm to Fork” laws (which are not about free trade) are already eliminating farms and farmers in the EU. The EU's rules and policies do not protect EU consumers or farmers but instead they promote trading schemes and factory farms .

Before joining the EU, the UK fed itself. One Englishman said “The EU's policies seem to be a deliberate plan to put the UK in a position where it can be starved out in very short order.” Top brass at the EU have admitted that they have already removed 60 percent of Portugal's farmers and planned to shift one million Polish farmers off their land. “Regulations are the EU's hidden weapon of mass destruction of farmers,” reports Sir Julian Rose. Link

According to a study by Jose Romero and Alicia Puyana carried out for the federal government of Mexico, between 1992 and 2002, the number of agricultural households fell an astounding 75% - from 2.3 million to 575, 000

Mexico is a case in point.

Until Carlos Salinas de Gortari became President in 1988, Mexico attempted to protect its corn production system from artificially cheap U.S. corn. Corn is the Mexican food staple and is produced by 2,500,000 farmers. Half of the land under cultivation in Mexico is dedicated to corn. The Congressional Budget Office Report on Agriculture in the North American Free Trade Agreement stated that Mexico's corn program had been a "de facto rural employment and anti-poverty program." But to ensure the passage of the North American Free Trade Agreement, Mexico promulgated a series of reforms in the agriculture sector and signed away its right to protect corn in NAFTA. As a result, economists predicted that as few as 700,000 and as many as ten million farmers would be displaced during the decade after NAFTA took effect. This is a pattern repeating itself all over the world, creating problems of overpopulation in the Third World's megacities where rural people migrate to seek non-existent jobs....

Between January 1 and January 31, 1995, while most Americans were still figuring out how to break their New Year's resolutions, Philip Morris merged Kraft and General Foods into Kraft Foods; Ralston Purina sold Continental Baking Company to Interstate Bakeries Corporation, the nation's largest bread maker; Perdue Farms Inc., the nation's fourth largest poultry producer, acquired Showell Farms Inc., the nation's tenth largest poultry producer; and Grand Metropolitan proposed to acquire Pet Inc. The brand names are all that's left of the small companies which became huge conglomerates through mergers and acquisitions.

Nor is the concentration of agribusiness isolated from the rest of the economy. Wells Fargo Bank, the second largest bank in California, is among the top six shareholders of five major agriculture-related corporations: Tyson (#5), Archer Daniel Midland (#2), ConAgra (#2), Monsanto (#6), and Philip Morris (#2). The largest bank in California, Bank of America, is the nation's largest agricultural lender, including crops and real estate.

This accelerated concentration of the food industry has as much impact on the political process as it does on the dinner table. U.S. agribusiness companies, such as Cargill, the world's largest grain trading company, had a disproportionate role shaping the rules in the GATT framework. President Nixon's first trade advisor was William Pearce, a vice president of Cargill. Another Cargill alum, Daniel Amstutz, drafted the U.S. agriculture proposal for the GATT for President Reagan.

www.iatp.org...

The other agriculture system involves about 60% of Mexico's farmers who have access to the remaining 12% of arable land. This includes individual small-scale farms that produce for local markets, and farms known as ejidos. Ejidos are a system of community-owned lands which, in some cases, have been owned "in trust" by communities for centuries. Ejido lands were protected from sale as a result of the 1910 Mexican Revolution. However, a significant amount of ejido land passed into private hands during the 1980s and 1990s due to extreme credit pressures and changes to the Mexican Constitution. These constitutional changes allow, for the first time since the Revolution, the sale of ejido land to private owners. The changes were a crucial concession by Mexico to ensure the passage of the North American Free Trade Agreement in 1993. www.rethinkingschools.org...

Mike Taylor Monsanto to USDA Under-Secretary
www.organicconsumers.org...

When Mike Taylor, Monsanto's attorney, went from THE FIRM (King and Spalding) to FDA (to oversee and sign off on the approval of the genetically engineered milk product) activists across America protested at the obvious conflict of interest.

What was the result?

Mike Taylor got a new job...He was promoted and became an Under-Secretary at the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).

His mission completed, one week after Clinton gained re-election, Taylor resigned from USDA and is now back at King and Spalding.

PLEASE NOTE: Although Taylor gained employment with FDA under George Bush, Taylor's efforts were aided by a bi-partisan effort...He's the second cousin of Tipper Gore, our Vice-President's wife!!!!!!!!

Corporate power in Farming: www.co.blaine.id.us...

While the Corporate owned media has everyone's attention directed towards Obama, the race card and the health Care Bill, the banksters and Ag giants are consolidating the monopoly on the USA and World food supply. Look behind the flash and smoke before you find you and yours starving along with the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
He is an Indonesian Muslim Welfare Thug Antichrist.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I could post about a thousand ATS threads, write up 100's of pages of facts but nothing would beat my signature.

Nice try.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
1. Although not a new or unique scenario - I feel uncomfortable with a complete unknown, who had barely stepped in the door at Congress and had served almost no time in Congress ... suddenly leaping on the Presidential bandwagon.

2. He was secreted into and away from Bilderberger meeting. He had an "UBER-Appointment" and extra special treatment from the top of the world.

3. He is currently NOT listening to the people or to the Congressmen. Most disapprove of the whole insurance being mandatory and the insurance co-operative idea. Whenever mandatory insurance is involved, prices for that insurance quadruple in the first couple years and continue to accelerate. The entire insurance industry is messed up. We simply need more doctors, a ban on pharmaceutical kick-backs to doctors, and a kick in the pants to Big Pharma.

4. He voted FOR TARP! He's part of his own problem!

5. In Congress, he voted FOR Bush/Iraq increase when we were against.

6. He's as dishonest with his past as the Pope is with his past. His transparency is opaque!

I'll admit there IS change - the atmosphere is less oppressive than Bush's spying on every citizen - but - the SOStuff is still going on in a quieter tone.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
My gripe about Obama.

He is GWB lite But will soon be GWB heavy.

And soon, GWB will be Obama lite.

How can anybody not see this?

I'm just going to give one example of all the BS.

Republicans scream about abortion.

Until recently.

A republican president. A congress that was contolled by Republicans for 6 years. A "friendly" SCOTUS.
A
Anti-abortion bills that made it out of commitee.

Priceless!!

And abortion is still an issue?

It's a game to them all.

Do you believe this?

Well, I have the wreckage of the USS Maine to sell you. Heh.

Not quite understanding what you are saying here. Please elaborate.
If it is about abortion then that issue like gay marrige will never go away.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by jmotley

My biggest gripe is that people won't shut up about him.

Well I have to admit that yes you cant go throughout your day without hearing sominthing about him atleast 3-4 times a day and thats if you live under a rock. But the man is trying to do something that 7 other presidents have tried and failed at and he is closer to doing it then any of them were ever. He also made historyby being the first black president. He came into office at a time when americans hada sense of urgency about who would be leading the country. Put that all together and BAM you have the most talked about president in history.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Where do I start.....just about everything BUT the color of his skin which goes against what most of his supporters believe of his naysayers.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join