It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a time machine like this ever possible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...=3m50s
www.youtube.com...=4m32s

Is a time machine like this ever possible in this universe or is this truly science fiction?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

lol you have much to learn. project looking glass, Philadelphia experiment, and a few more have accomplished time travel long ago. Tesla came up with the technology, although it was obviously suppressed.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
One more thing, there is no such thing as science fiction.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Not sure if its possable or not, but that is a great movie...

PEACE!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Not as good as the original thoughwww.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
oh yes time traveling is possible and that is why we're in a recession. an even that could lead to a devastated country. yup, its very possible.

i'm sorry, i have an open mind but time traveling is too big of a piece of *snip* to fit in it.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
time travel in the physical sense is simply not possible in any observable frame of reference...

time would have to be able to stop...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
One of the most complicated subjects to discuss ever, although a fascinating topic, conversations have gone on for years about the subject, I know of a group of 3 Scientists who started talking about it on a camping trip over 9 years ago, and the conversation goes on today through letters, e-mail, face to face over dinner, and one of them recently told me they had only touched the tip of the iceberg.

The part in that Movie, where he stops his machine after he met the AI at the museum, he all of a sudden can see destruction all around him, stops, gets out, asks the Soldiers what was happening as they cuffed him to take him to a detention centre, when he asks what cause this, they say where have you been under a rock? he replies yes under a rock, they tell him it's the moon, he looks up and that sight, even though it's CGI always sends a huge chill down my spine, has done since the first time I saw it at the cinema, such a disturbing yet magnificent scene.

My all time fav Movie scene ever, and I guess always will be, I have searched for a poster of that image for years, to no avail.

As for that kind of Machine existing for real? anything is possible, an old saying goes, if we can imagine it, then making it a possibility has already been halfway achieved, nothing is impossible.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Terrence McKenna, of Timewave Zero fame believed that time travel is the explanation for the end of the timewave in his mathematical model. He also believed you wouldn't be able to travel back in time to BEFORE time travel had been invented. Something about being the only way to avoid a paradox.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
www.youtube.com...=3m50s
www.youtube.com...=4m32s

Is a time machine like this ever possible in this universe or is this truly science fiction?

Research Project Rainbow, better known as the Montauk Project. Time travel was perfected by these evil men in 1963, and believe me, they have used it extensively, and I believe they still are. There is a particle accelerator under the city of Montauk that can supply up to a million volt constant. All this power goes into one decrepit cement building that would burn up just from the heat, so, the power is going underground. They are using it, coupled with HAARP I think for electronic mind control. And that is all I will say at this time.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
...and OP learns the hard way that ATS is not the place to ask serious questions.

sphinx551, modern physics cannot predict if traveling back in time is possible or not. However, you could travel forward in time by simply moving at a velocity relatively close to the speed of light. Of course, the amount of energy you would need to do that is pretty much out of this world - or for the optimistic, we don't have the technology to do that yet.

The movie did bring a good point though, what if we could travel to the past but be unable to change the events no matter how hard we try? This would defeat the argument of causality which is currently one of the strongest arguments agaisnt traveling back in time.

btw, finally understood why the guy throws the hat at the end

[edit on 17-9-2009 by daniel_g]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
think aobut it this way
if it were possible it woudl be only available to a selct ferw at first, but once teh technlogy was old news, it woudl be avaialbe to large coorporations, then smaller ones, then eventuially the technlogy woudl be come so old and cehap, everyone could afford a time travel unit. liek all technlogy it gets cehaper adn outdated and stuff that is once consodered secretive and dangerous, becomes usable by every day people.
and in any society, at least one springing from the earth we live on, theres rule breakers adn bad people. and stupid ones that get caught breakign the rules.
at least 1 of them would go back in time to a spot as easrly as possible and blow the whistle on sucha creatoin for his own profit.
and get caught doing so.
and this hasnt happened yet, as far as i know.
so i doubt its possible.
yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

oooh, thanks for that im gonna have to rent that one, looks good.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
time travel in the physical sense is simply not possible in any observable frame of reference...

time would have to be able to stop...

This guy's got it right, folks.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by sphinx551

lol you have much to learn. project looking glass, Philadelphia experiment, and a few more have accomplished time travel long ago. Tesla came up with the technology, although it was obviously suppressed.

Sorry, I have been living in a cave when it comes to real time machines.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Make sure the Flux-Core Capacitor is fully charged before trying out time travel.
but yeah, dangerous stuff that when playing around with time and space. mabe one day in the distant future it could be possible.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgy

but yeah, dangerous stuff that when playing around with time and space.

Don't parallel universes solve the grandfather paradox problem?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
How can you travel into the future if the future hasn't happened yet? When top scientists hear such a question, well now they have a job to do. Oh well, there are multiverses and string theory out the As@ physics we don't know of but could be possible. Time according to man is and there is no argument about this in anyway is nothing. How can you grab and bend and twist nothing? Time was invented by man to record the cycle's of the season's of the earth and heavens, uuuh now you have a human mind making something up to put there to explain something the human mind had no part in creating. This question and theory in science has no basis, and they know that, but Hypothesis and theories are their job.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

who? what? where? when? how? why?

i smell lies

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
time travel is theoriticle but if you had the power and machine capalbe to worp space time could work and would work as a teleporter too!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join