It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. worried about Iran "running out clock": Gates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Well my friend Dooper you know you and I agree that talk is for lover and fools.

So I agree with you as far as strategy when it comes to getting something done.

Ultimately we are paying a whole boat load of money and taking on a whole lot of debt to circle the Persian Gulf with boots and it's not really doing anything for you or me buddy.

We have troops in the Emirates, we have Troops in Saudi, we have Troops in Kuwaait, we have troops in Iraq and soon we will have troops in Iran, we built a gosh darned pipeline across Afghanistan to bring oil through Turkmenistan and you and I are still paying 2.50 on average for a gallon of gas?

Bull bleeping crap! That's just nuts we are getting hosed in this deal it should be back down to .17 cents a gallon with this kind of investment.

We are just making other people rich off this nonsense and paying through the nose for it.

I say let the Shah's son live out his life on the paltry few hundred million his dad stole and squirreled away and spend it here please, we need the money!

The corporate Government is not sharing the wealth of our military empire with the people of the nation, instead they are pocketing the procedes and making us pay for the expense of it, and stealing from us in more ways every day with these bailouts.

Getting all Red White and Blue for them again even if just for nostalgia's sake is a suckers play.

Screw em, we are sitting on all that wealth and sharing it with the Chinese and the English and the Saudis and Kuwaiitis and not a penny for us here, all we get to do is pay the bill.

Sorry I gave at the office!

The only war we should be talking about is against the Government that just attacked our citizens in Pittsburgh Dooper.

The one that is stealing all our money and rights.

This is the oldest trick in the book, distract and unite a divided nation with a War.

I say if they want a war that bad we ought to give them one, no need to pack a bag, we can have it right here!

[edit on 27/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You talk about nuking another nation as if were nothing, as if you honestly believe that is the answer to all of America's, and teh World's problems. For one you assume that that would simply be the end of it, you nuke them, end of. Second, you assume that everyone is just going to jump up and down with glee at yet another "ultimate" show of force by the mighty United States. All I think your ridiculous suggestion would result in would be the all out invasion and destruction of the United States. And that would only be the beginning. I seriously doubt the world would just sit back and let America get away with it again.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Who has the ability to invade the US, Canada? They have fewer military than California has police. We could never be attacked from the sea, because we have a far superior navy and air force than any other country- no one would get close. We are the only superpower for a reason- no one can touch us. No other country can say the same.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

For Obama Administration, Iran Disclosure Is Two-Fold

The disclosure of a second uranium enrichment site in Iran is at once a setback and a way forward for the Obama administration.
This Story

Indeed, Russia's initial reaction to the new Iranian disclosure was unusually forceful and blunt on Friday. "Iran's construction of a uranium enrichment plant violates decisions of the United Nations Security Council," according to an official statement from the Kremlin, which demanded that the International Atomic Energy Agency "investigate this site immediately" and Iran "cooperate with this investigation."

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I agree completely.

The Masters of Warfare all cautioned about drawn out engagements that bleed the parent society.

The objective (according to Sun Tzu) is victory, not persistence.

You give me 25,000 handpicked volunteers, along with a good portion of our Navy and Air Force, and I'll end this crap in Afghanistan, and I'll do it quickly. But I get to do it my way. I get to actually follow all principles of warfare that have been proven without fail since 1479 BC.

There will be areas depopulated, but it WILL end.

Then, all troops will come home.

You give me 50,000 men and the Navy and Air Force, and I'll go through Iran like crap through a goose. I'll do so quickly, and in such a manner that Iran (Persia) will not want to cross a Western Power for another 2,500 years.

And the troops will all come home, and we won't hear any more from them for many, many generations.

But I get to do it my way.

Just following the proven principles of warfare.

Which our generals don't even know. Nor have the balls to insist on.

So we bleed out slowly. Both in blood and money.

Damn.

This isn't that difficult.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Quackers, go quack to other ducks.

Done correctly, we can eliminate a lot of the world's tensions, trouble-makers, and sources of tension. And do so quickly, efficiently, and with certainty.

It doesn't matter if it's an individual, a group, or a nation.

They color within the lines, or you split their head open. But you give THEM the choice. Let THEM decide their fate.

Then their blood is on their own head.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by quackers

I agree with you 100%.

Israel has nukes, when was the last time an international inspector visited their facilities hmm? Why are people not jumping on the "lets invade Israel to ensure they are complying with international law" bandwagon? Wait, I think we know the answer to that.

This is the sort of hypocrisy Ahmadinejad talked about in his speech. Maybe it was the guilty parties walking out.

Funny how they never pick on China, or Russia.

Really no reason for me to post anything at all when you've done such a good job right there in the above quote.

So, I'll just ditto that and say thank you...

peace

[edit on 27-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
I'll address only the basic stated concern.

If any person or nation is doing something that it has been determined is completely unacceptable, then the idea of "running out the clock" is a self-imposed curse.

You get on TV, announce that you hereby order all US military personnel to DEFCON 2. All leave are cancelled, and all military personnel are to report to their posts.

Request the Governors activate National Guard units, and call up all Reserves.

Now that you have everyone's attention, you make the following statement:

"Iran has four hours to agree to permit international observers free movement throughout the country, to any complex, building or area, without any delay or hesitation to immediately inspect any and all areas such inspectors wish to examine.

The Iranian leadership has four hours to respond. After this four hour period, no further communications with the Iranian government will be made pending the results of our own strike results."

You give them a time limit.

There's the only clock that matters.

This crap about running out a clock . . . what a bunch of idiots!

Then put up, or shut up.

It is sad but I agree with your idea. Iran now has shown they are hiding their agenda. They 'have a second site that was not disclosed as per the NNpt but now it's ok to come in and have a look around? it is time to deal with Iran before it is too late. We cannot force Nuclear Nations to disarm because of the threat they pose because they are Nuclear but if we can prevent another country in an unstable part of the world from acquiring Nukes then it has to be done

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hmmm. This scenario sounds familiar. Weapons of mass destruction. Timetables for inspectors. UN sanctions and resolutions. A rogue nation saying it has WMD- or at least the precursors. If we removed the government of Iran, would they welcome us as liberators, or start murdering each other in the name of Islam???

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yes Dooper my friend it is true but as you and I have talked about many times before we fight wars not to win them, we fight wars to secure rights and contracts for American corporations.

It's never about freeing people from tyranny or making the world safe, it's about making the world safe for McDonalds, Coca Cola and Exxon/Mobil.

Iran is going to be no different than Iraq, or Afghanistan and neither war was fought to win the war, it was fought to smash infrastructure and then let preferred contractors build it back up again at U.S. Tax Payer expense, and was fought to secure Oil and Mineral and Refinary and Pipeline rights and the Opium Crop.

If we won the war we would have to go home afterwards.

These aren't wars these are hostile corporate take overs by other means to paraphrase Von Clauswitz.

Our troops are there to maintain security and keep the local board of directors in line.

We don't profit off of this as citizens, only the Oligarchs do.

Even if we had no moral qualms about profiting in that manner, it is clear that the Corporate Oilgarchs do profit in that manner, that they are profiting in that manner, and that we pay the investment of the take over and they get all the dividends and returns.

We need to shut these clowns down.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Hmmm. This scenario sounds familiar. Weapons of mass destruction. Timetables for inspectors. UN sanctions and resolutions. A rogue nation saying it has WMD- or at least the precursors. If we removed the government of Iran, would they welcome us as liberators, or start murdering each other in the name of Islam???

I really don't believe that Iran is going to welcome Israel as liberators nor is Iran a rogue nation.

I really wish you would stop pretending to be an American, I don't pretend to be an Israeli!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Who has the ability to invade the US, Canada? They have fewer military than California has police. We could never be attacked from the sea, because we have a far superior navy and air force than any other country- no one would get close. We are the only superpower for a reason- no one can touch us. No other country can say the same.

Israel does not border Canada and Israel is not a Super Power.

Working at the B'nai Brith Building while Living at the Israeli Embassy does an American make!

I don't pretend to represent Israel, why do you pretend to represent the United States?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

U.S. worried about Iran "running out clock": Gates

The topic was about Iran and it's nuclear program. Why does Israel always get dragged into these topics? I mean I understand the subtleties of the situation.

But the topic always gets turned towards Israel.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Israel is pretty much driving this whole situation Slayer.

I wish it weren't. I am stuck in another thread regarding the G-20 right now where someone is trying to turn it into all about Israel.

Israel pretty much set the clock on this thing, Israel is always pointing to the clock on this thing.

The whole argument behind Iran not being trusted to have a nuclear weapon is because of their position on the Zionist regime and it makes Israel uncomfortable.

There is no point in pretending Israel isn't involved.

Israel and it's supporters put a lot if time and effort into shaping the debate on the issue.

Personally I think we need to disarm Israel of Nuclear weapons too, Pakistan and keep Tehran from having them.

This nonsense really isn't worth American lives or money or armegeddon.

I would rather we all ride bicycles and use our domestic oil for turcking and infrastructure energy than keep dying and paying through the nose for oil and these farsical and nonsensical Middle East politics and all the dramas and the sub plots.

That's just me though.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Why does Iran have to comply with the West
Weird, they have no obligation to do so. As Ahmadinajad said himself, the West is still living in the colonial ages.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Iran tests short-range missiles

Iran has tested two short-range missiles during a military exercise, Iranian state television reports.

It said the missiles fired were of the Tondar and Fateh 110 type. A multiple missile launcher was also tested.

Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards announced on Saturday it would hold several days of military exercises over the next several days.

The tests come as tensions between Iran and the West are on the rise over Tehran's nuclear ambitions.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Well if they want to reduce the stress level they have a funny way of showing it.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Just like A. Hitler, many people blame the Jews for all the world's problems. If there is a conspiracy to be had the Jews must be behind it.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Just like A. Hitler, many people blame the Jews for all the world's problems. If there is a conspiracy to be had the Jews must be behind it.

Wow was it a secret that Israel has been coming out almost daily threatening unilatteral military action against Iran and accusing it of developing a nuclear bomb?

Did I accidently end up with some secret decoder computer screen that allowed me to penentrate this Israeli conspiracy to attack Iran and I am the only one who has seen any of the 12,642 news articles coming out of Tel Aviv?

You are right, that's just nuts to think that the Israelis are in any way shape or form involved with this Iranian issue

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

LOL you are talking about one of the oldest civilizations on earth
If you think it is that easy then reality here I come. The world is more complex today, and an old warfare tactic won't work. Yeah you can do it your way, here is the problem, what if the Russian don't like your way? OHH maybe the Chinese, or maybe the whole Muslim population. The easiest way to win a war is complete reboot. If you know what that means then welcome back to reality.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join