It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding the WORM!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hello fellow users of the best conspiracy site at this web address!
I have just returned from my travels looking for the infamous Lambton Worm. Yes yes, what the heck was I doing? Well I'll tell you: Looking for the Lambton Worm. There for the past week (uh, in study time...) I found nothing apart from the obvious attractions such as the hill, around which the Worm coiled itself, and that was all I looked at, apart from walking around looking for any signs that the worm did exist, but of course I now realise that I was bound to find nothing. Ah well, who believes in the Worm? Or any other folklorish creatures such as Brownies, or the jet black hounds of death? I would be very interested to hear of people that do believe in such things, because all I hear is 'What a load of rubbish', of course, even if none of it came from any sort of 'true' happening I certainly would never call any of it rubbish, I mean it's a Culture's history. By the same token, if you wish to tell me not to waste my (and your) time with this rubbish, tell me.

Ramadwarf on looking for the WORM

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
When I was a kid I traveled to Point Pleasent West Virginia. I had read about the mothman so I thought I would do a little investigation of my own. Everywhere my Dad and I stopped I asked people about the mothman. NOT ONE person had ever heard of him (now they have a statue in town of him). All they wanted to talk to me about was what they called "The Big Bird". I don't think they were the same creature.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
While you were in the neighborhood, did you look up the Easington Hare? In the little village of easington it appears there is a legend of a Witch who turned herself into a hare. chased by the locals (and their dogs) one of the hounds grabbed the hare by the back leg before allowing the hare to escape. the villagers chased the scent to a barn where they found an old woman with bite marks on her leg! You can even see little white rabbits carved into the benches in the town square!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

So you didn't find the Mothman? Hmm, I'm going to have to check this 'Big bird' thing out, sounds interesting! Hmm, was it something the locals called it? If so I doubt I'll have much luck finding it.

Ramadwarf on damwell's big bird

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

No I didn't, much to my loss! I can see myself getting to my mate again and putting some money towards the petrol...
No but seriously I hadn't heard of that one. I can see studying commencing!
When did it take place?

Ramadwarf on the Easington Hare

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hmm, I may return for evidence of the Worm's existence after all, as I just had the most peculiar dream of going there again and finding my friend slaughtered in the car; and this brutal attack may have been conducted by the Worm itself. A sign? Or just a dream?

Ramadwarf on a possible premonatory dream, or a dream

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

If i remember correctly(and this is only assumption) it wat in the late 1700's. When you get to Easington(the village not the colliery) ask the local Landlord in the Pub near the village green. The old folks there were fullof info and eager to tell the tale.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
When I was a kid I traveled to Point Pleasent West Virginia. I had read about the mothman so I thought I would do a little investigation of my own. Everywhere my Dad and I stopped I asked people about the mothman. NOT ONE person had ever heard of him (now they have a statue in town of him). All they wanted to talk to me about was what they called "The Big Bird". I don't think they were the same creature.

Actually, it sounds like they were referring to the "Mothman" just with a different name. From what little I know the Mothman travels between the moon and the Earth using giant moth wings - aka The Big Bird.

Just food for thought.....

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Oh right, I'll have to do that! So it's the pub near the village green? Gotcha
Thankyou very much, and I've been doing some reading about this particular story; it's good!, but they left the witch in peace right?

Ramadwarf on redbarron626's Easington Hare

top topics

join