It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo or Smoke ring?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is from July 2009, I wanted to post this to get some opinions on what you guys think about this footage. Is it a ufo?..Is it a smoke ring?..Is it something natural? Tell me what you guys think, I am curious to your opinions.

[edit on 09/16/2009 by Mr_XIM]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a lot of these ring ufos are fake becuase like the orbs they are easy to do, dark circle no detail. I found this site that goes into these a little more.

Ring UFOs

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Very nice, bet it didn't take you long to find this research, and yet 34% of people asked believe this is a ufo, including the woman who made the video, shame isnt it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_XIM

This one has been discussed here before somewhere. It was filmed at an amusement park and the explanation was that it was caused by smoke being released from a volcano ride or something like that. I still think it's weird though, the way it just stays there with the clouds moving around it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Fake can we get a hoax tag?
HOAX

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I would say it was more misidentified than hoaxed.

It's obviously a smoke ring.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The video in the OP can also be found at a webpage about the "Vulcano Coaster" at Kings Dominon amusement park in Virginia.

The ring is, as already mentined in this thread, a smoke ring from the coaster "volcano" and one of it's fire "eruptions".

Read more here:
www.thecoastercritic.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
As above stated, it was cleared and the ignorance was denied earlier in another thread. However, it is interesting that it seemed to reach a fixed altitude and remained intact. Weird. Just a volcano smoke ring. Where are the other smoke rings from the volcano?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
As above stated, it was cleared and the ignorance was denied earlier in another thread. However, it is interesting that it seemed to reach a fixed altitude and remained intact. Weird. Just a volcano smoke ring. Where are the other smoke rings from the volcano?

I think that would have to do with the weather conditions, that would proably explain why its not seen everyday during the parks open hours. That's my best guess. Still, I can't believe so many people believe it's a real ufo.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The "volcano" in the ride has a flash pot that fires periodically like the gas mine below.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I agree this thread should be deleted, but because it's a duplicate thread, not because it's a hoax.

I searched "ring ufo" in ATS and found this thread instantly:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(and others).

Please post in the existing thread and mods please delete this duplicate thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Agree with ya, sorry should have checked, but I didn't.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Same exact ring video yet look at all the related videos with rings.
Lights along the side of the craft in many of the witnessed sightings
are from the air medium being stressed electrically.
Not impossible for a ring to be a remnant of some operation.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The circle smoke maker goes up the pole,
guess we missed all the important action.

Neglected to tell us about the main attraction at the festival.
Some fun at the Amusement park.

new topics

top topics

join