It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

advice!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
hi, im looking for some advice, im very spiritual and have just broken up with my gf, and i dont want to become depressed and what not, as my last experience of a break up was really bad. i find it hard to meditate and not cry, so if nay1 has any advice of breathing/relaxation techniques etc, id would like to hear them.
peace and love to all!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by apexvin
Greetings, I sent you a u2u, are you able to get it? I'll check back on this thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by apexvin

Prostitutes! Or, start sleeping with her friends, that always helps me! You sound pretty spiritual and sensitive, so it may not help, but that is my advice, and it works well for me!

Also, Tylenol PM does wonders when combined with 3 to 6 beers!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Don't forget that music that you enjoy can be very beneficial - the best music can be very positively mood altering. Time is a great healer. Breathing I was told about slow deep breaths of about 3 seconds can be quite calming!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just remember as long as you are still breathing everything is fine.
You feel that you have "lost" something. How can you lose what you
never had? This is an opportunity for you to meet the preson who
really is right for you. It's hard I know, I've been through 2 marriages
and god knows how many gf's but it always got easier everytime.
Don't dwell on it, listen to sad music or spend time alone - those will
only bring you down. Stay busy, be focused and hang out with others.
Besides, loose women like to "help" the guy going through his emotional
pain - it brings out the nurturing aspect. Good luck man, it's hard but
you'll be fine, in fact you'll be better than before. Time heals all wounds.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

hi the u2u didnt work, and greetings/peace

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by apexvin

If you feel like crying, don't try to stop it. I did that for years. It wasn't good. Instead of letting myself cry, I got mad. Then I stayed mad. Then I had an anger habit. I wouldn't want that to happen to you. Cry. It will heal faster.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by apexvin

I would say go ahead and meditate if that normally helps; there's nothing wrong with crying. We cry for a reason and it can actually help a lot.

Do anything you enjoy to distract you. But don't overdo it and go totally crazy because you'll just cause yourself more problems and pain that way.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You can't avoid it. You need to experience those emotions sooner or later. Go through the grief.

Everyone has been through a heart wrenching break up. Everyone survives. You will too.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I can't quite help you. You brake up is very close. You'll not quite get over it. Don't know Why. There something you don't understand or that you don't realize. Love doesn't last forever. Don't believe that love last forever. Not for everone, because of Karma.

You will not
realize it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
you know, I fell into a similar situation within the past year. In short, she left me for reasons unknown, and I being the spiritual person I am tried to tell myself it would be okay.

Each day the depression got worse and worse, because I was so sure I found my companion for life, and yet she turned me away. I tried to stay positive, but it didn't help, for my thoughts would constantly be on her, and what could've been. I almost became a living zombie, seeming to be normal and yet dead on the inside, no longer caring about anything.

This all changed overnight (literally), because of 3 factors. As I went to bed, I remembered that Time Heals all Wounds, which helped me get on.

Also, I received a dream that night that had meaning only to me, which kind of woke me up to life in general (I posted the account at astralsociety- it was an end-of-the-world dream). I realized that life is too short to go on being depressed.

Finally, I prayed for the first time that I would be healed in mind (personal reference- agnostic and never used to pray at all). I woke up free from any depression. To this day I may never know who it was that helped me, but I'm glad they did.

Moral of the story- You can move on with your life, as eventually time will make you forget. Yes, it will be a long road, but that doesn't mean you can't have happiness, for you will find someone again.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by apexvin

try and start something new in life

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Screw the Zen monk bit...you need to get out and have some fun of course... Remind yourself of the good things in life...best cure for depression....

top topics

join