It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bras and preparedness?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexxica

Er, hey what about the dudes that dress like girls???
Okay, well, Your thoughts do matter, and breasts are important to take care of

S&F

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexxica

Wow, what an uplifting topic you have here, Lexxica.

I will have to say immediately it came to mind thinking about your post, of the military and the Battle Dress Uniform.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7adcbe42bde3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f150da015db0.jpg[/atsimg]

While I am no sewing expert whatsoever, I have worn B.D.U.'s in the past and know a thing or two about the universal dexterity of this unique brand of military clothing.

I highly recommend the rip-stop variety, due to it being lighter weight and the obvious of the name, "rip-stop" in that it has built in ability to keep from tearing easily.

The sleeves of these military uniforms can be cut off and used to carry water in extreme locations, because of the thickness of the material, as well as it can be Scotch-Guarded in order to remain water-proof to retain water in a dry and humid climate like the desert.

I would have to say that cutting these extra bits of clothing off, the sleeves, and sewing them together, basically what I am saying is do not put anything in your bug-out-bag ahead of time, except extra sets of B.D.U.'s with this in mind, that you should examine the amount of cloth there is with the sleeves, of course keeping in mind if you need more material or less material, depending on the size of your need, and of course you can also cut off the legs of the B.D.U.'s below the knees if more material is needed.

Like I stated before, I am no expert on sewing, and as far as brassiere's go, my expertise is in how to take them off and or how to get a woman out of them, so I hope I have made a good example of my ingenuity of being male and thinking of how to assist females without necessarily taking advantage of the situation.

Vintage Brassiere Patterns

System and Method of Construction of Brassiere's : Patents

Sewing Bra and Undergarments

[edit on 29-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I've gotta agree with Your findings of duct tape, and parachute chord...... You can make anything out of them, and now the in style thing is grunge

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i would suggest two slings, one to go under and support(around neck) and one to restrain...them...(goes around back) i would suggest making it taper off at the end so as to make it adjustable(tie then off at desired length) and if someone breaks an arm, you can freestyle for a few weeks

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

While a lot of people have had good ideas, I really like this one. It seems like it would be pretty decent and also it seems like it would actually look kinda cool.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I once dated a little beauty queen that had the same problem whenever we went on extended camping trips.

I think what she did, was use duct tape to hold everything together, give it support, and so forth. Hell, I didn't give that part of much thought, just the taking off part appealed to me.. HEY-I'm a horny ol toad...It's my nature.

Seriously though. if you serach through my psots, you'll see in the BOB requirements, that my retreat is stocked with feinine stuff; tampons, midol, and such. i took some ribbing for it, but since there are three females in my house, it comes natural to my way of thinking.

I remember getting up at 1am to drive 27 miles to the all nighter, for tampons for the young one.

I remedied that problems, as now, in the bottom cabinet in the bathroom, there are about 8 boxes of each.. HEH HEH

You do bring up a serious point, that men don't think about these things when putting together a BOB. Hey, were men, but some of us do..
be interested to know how you solve this problem. Please do keep m in the loop on this. My lifea nd er, uhm..sanity might later depend on it...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join