It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have to share this(funny)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+88 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Found this while surfing the interwebs.

www.familienett.com...

Quote:
The Best Put Down Line Ever
For those that don't know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an 'Australian treasure!'

General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently.
You'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of an ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

Got this from Zombie squad. I had to share this with you all please mods take pity upon this pore fool and if this does not belong here or this should be on bts I implore you to move it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
That guy should get the medal of honor.

That was just too funny, I needed that thanks so much

Edit to add:
doesn"t matter that it's a hoax, it's still funny as all get out and something we need in these times, OP was still S&F

[edit on 16/9/2009 by Pappa_Bear]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pappa_Bear
That guy should get the medal of honor.

That was just too funny, I needed that thanks so much

Indeed! I saw this and I thought HEY ATS can use this! So much doom as of late. We need to

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

the way you built that up i thought it was going to scucke. that guy ROCKS. you get a star and a flag and a cookie.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

COOKIE! Sorry I love cookies and anything cookie/zombie related! Thank you for the star and flag. It is my hope that this brings some levity to ats.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Hey amigo, this prostitute's leaving you with a star and flag
for sharing a cute story.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Now you can see why we Aussies like that General so much. He has always spoken very openly, honestly and without needing to be politically correct at all times. It reminds the rest of us of how outgoing and open we used to be.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Thank you sundancer! Your post made me chuckle a bit so star for you! Once more thank you for your words.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Star for Aussies because that general is awesome. I don't know where he gets his wit from all I can say is WOW.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Bump for posterity and because I think ATS needs to laugh a little more now in the hard times.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
omg

just loved it thanks OP

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I remember seeing a transcript of that interview a ways back, but there were no names attached. Now I know. I wish I could buy the good General a drink or three, and one for the interviewer.. as her ego must still be hurting.

Again thx for the lolz

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hahaha ahahaha ahahaha great!!!

A second line.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

You'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this!

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

Oh, but nature didn't create children with riffles, as it made women with reproductive organs.

Having fun with such is okay though, but I didn't find it amusing. Although there's nothing wrong with the firearms itself, it's the human that kills with them. But IMO, forcing the children's interests towards weaponry isn't nice thing either.

I may have a laugh though, with the expenses of others of course

-v

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Very Funny! Wish i could here the audio!

2nd line

Tsom87

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
LOL I know General Cosgrove, being an aussie I've seen him on the news quite a bit, but as I read the interview I couldn't help but picture Sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Sorry to be a joy kill for this thread, but this same topic was put up in April '09.

ATS Thread

Also, from one of the replies in the original thread, this interview never happened.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Sorry right but this HAS to be flagged onto the top page.

We need a little entertainment around here.

That was genius. Comeback King, I love this man.

Edit to add:

Damnit, just followed the other thread and found out it was fake
oh well, still funny.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
Having fun with such is okay though, but I didn't find it amusing. Although there's nothing wrong with the firearms itself, it's the human that kills with them. But IMO, forcing the children's interests towards weaponry isn't nice thing either.

In that case you had better do away with Hollywood then but I bet my last two cents that you enjoy a movie from time to time.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I typed his name in google.

The first thing that pops up, is this being a hoax....
www.hoax-slayer.com...

[edit on 16-9-2009 by _Phoenix_]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join