It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have to share this(funny)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Yeah, this story has been around for a while but it's still funny no matter who they try to attribute it to.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
*Hands over a Cookie shaped like a Zombie*

Great post!

Thanks, I needed that!

rotfl

peace

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Streuth! That sheila was askin for it. She musta bin up on blocks, crikey.

On'ya Cossie, now just work on bringin our forces home, mate. And vegemite! The Esky, the Hills Hoist and Mad Max.

Zombies rule! \M/ \M/

And on the whole guns issue, I believe if we desire access to a firearm - we should have that right. Of course, proper education and knowledge of that weapon must be acquired and understood. That is just common sence ( but as we here at ATS know, common sence is not very common ). Afterall, we lisence people to be in control of a motor vehicle, which in the wrong hands has the potential for parrallel carnage - we just gotta flick on the news any night of the week to see a mangled wreck somewhere, as a comparrison. The 'mind' is the weapon. Guns, knives/shivs, box-cutters, Tsar Bomba, whatever.... they are only the tools employed to reach your goals. Motivation and agenda determine outcomes.

Could go on and on but I'll spare ya sum grief ... this time.
Cheers guys, read ya soon.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
funny...fake... and now cringeworthy.

[edit on 16/9/2009 by believer81]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
haha right on!
that is classic!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
Sorry to be a joy kill for this thread, but this same topic was put up in April '09.

ATS Thread

Also, from one of the replies in the original thread, this interview never happened.

I love how you prove this is a HOAX by denying ignorance yet you get no stars.

Star for you.

Repeating:

This Interview Never Happened - Major General Peter Cosgrove Never Said This

As soon as I read the part where the fictitious interviewer says that teaching firearm safety is "irresponsible" I knew this was propaganda.

Edit to add: I still chuckled though.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by nydsdan]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I really like that, OP, because people are constantly using semantics to verify their ideas.

No, teaching proper rifle safety does NOT teach people to be armed violent criminals.

People don't realize that guns are the peacemakers. When things get too wild, if you haven't got a gun for protection, someone who does have a gun will take advantage of that. Proper use and safety of a weapon that may one day mean life and death is a great idea that everyone should support.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
S&F for you. That was great I don't care if it is fake.

I needed that this morning.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hilarious!

On a serious note, I was trained since nine years old to safely operate guns. I was a silhouette and trap and clay shooter from 10 until 15. After moving from the country to the city I didn't understand the fascination with guns that the city kids had. To me, it was just the same as riding an ATV or going to the arcade to play video games.

Also, when I heard about kids having pellet guns it meant absolutely nothing to me. Some thought of that as a big deal, not growing up with them I guess. Unfortunately, if you are not familiar with them they are something of fear, intimidation and power. When in reality, to me, they were just a hobby. And when kids tried to make a statement by saying they knew someone with a gun or they had one. It meant squat to me, because I had five.

After growing up safely around them I dont even think of weapons.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Oh my-my, gotta LOVE IT!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Typical auzzie man lol... Even though its a fake its still funny

Reminds me of one the best put downs ive ever heard; i was stationed in a place called Celle in germany. It was the end of the month and we had just got paid. So as was normal form there was a queue for the ATM of soldiers and germans alike. One of the troops kids was really playing up and being a little horror, so his dad grabbed him, told him off and gave him a clip around the ear. Then all of a sudden a german man confronted him and in a very thick accent said "In Germany we do not hit our children," The soldier responded "Well in england we dont gas our Jews mate." Kinda stopped there lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The greatest comedy is always a zen moment. That was one. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KendraJane
Typical auzzie man lol... Even though its a fake its still funny

Reminds me of one the best put downs ive ever heard; i was stationed in a place called Celle in germany. It was the end of the month and we had just got paid. So as was normal form there was a queue for the ATM of soldiers and germans alike. One of the troops kids was really playing up and being a little horror, so his dad grabbed him, told him off and gave him a clip around the ear. Then all of a sudden a german man confronted him and in a very thick accent said "In Germany we do not hit our children," The soldier responded "Well in england we dont gas our Jews mate." Kinda stopped there lol.

LOL! Theres coffee all over my keyboard now!
Dam that a good one!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I love it. LOVE IT!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KendraJane

Germans dont "burn" their Jews either.

Where the General was just witty, the Dad was just plain moronic.

Greetings from Germany

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
SLAM!!! hehe that was good i must say, that lady needs some brains...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I grew up with firearms and learned early on how to handle them with care.

Mixing up the idea of young people being taught proper care and use of firearms with the idea of killers running amok is hilarious and sad.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
OHHHH OHHH OHHHH!!! were my exact words. damn good comeback general, stop teaching kids about guns though

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
S&F, whether it was a false interview or not, that's awesome. I am currently a mom who is teaching my 7 year old son proper gun habits and safety. I have gotten into arguments with my mother-in-law because she thinks he's too young.

I am the mom, so I won out over that, and he has been learning about the safety, what harm they do, and how to be around them. It's never too early to learn these things. I've been around guns my entire life and I haven't shot anyone, yet.

A_L

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

thank you I should have done some looking in to it still its funny even if it is fake and I believe that ATS needs a good laugh.

P.S. it was not my intention to propagate a hoax

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join