It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, YOU too can easily create an all powerful God !!!! Don't believe me ? then read on ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I was just in the middle of posting a reply in an existing similar thread that was recently started titled "Using Einsteins theory can Jesus still be physically alive ?" when I had an epiphany ... and believe me I don't get them too often !

I have to admit that when I read the title of that other thread, the 1st thing that I thought of was the concept of parallel universes as currently being seriously hypothesized by mainstream science.

That immediately was followed by the thought that if an infinite number of parallel universes DO exist, then there must be an infinite number of Jesus' inhabiting them.
In some, he's just being born ... in others, he's wandering preaching ... and in others he's being crucified.

Has the penny dropped yet for anyone else besides me ?

If the idea of parallel universes is correct, that means each of those infinite Jesus copies has to obey the same kind of physical laws that permits an infinite number of parallel universes ... in other words, he'll be born, live and die an infinite number of times and most importantly, have NO control over his infinite fates.

And by extension, that must also mean there must be an infinite number of copies of GOD ... one for each universe that has humans inhabiting their copy of Earth ... and by a further extension, each of those GOD copies is independent of any other GOD copy and MUST be unaware of those other copies and each GOD copy MUST have come into existence each time a new parallel universe forms !

In fact, quantum theory currently hypothesizes that for each possible quantum event, a new universe splits off from the current universe ... and that surely means that when a quantum event transpires, that yet another GOD copy splits of from the current GOD copy ... that then splits in turn on another quantum event ... that then splits in turn on another quantum event ....

So think about it this way ... every time you flip a coin, YOU force GOD to split into 2 copies of himself ... now that's what I call POWER !!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I like this, the kind of post I enjoy.

line

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i considered this as well. i concluded that multiple parallel universes exist only as a potential and aren't engaged until you choose a path of potential paths available, out of the myriad decisions you could potentially make in the course of your life. the path you are currently on is the only version of itself. the rest are in a sort of buffer of potential universes.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Dude! Hero! FTW!

Frikken awesome theory. seriously

seriously.
star+flag

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Certainly is thought provoking.

Although, if god is omnipresent, then being present in parallel universes wouldn't be much of a problem for the big chap.

Interesting read my friend. Being a long time reader of ATS, i've finally worked up the courage to start posting, you are the first receiver of a S&F from myself. :-)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwiksilva
Dude! Hero! FTW!

Frikken awesome theory. seriously

seriously.
star+flag

Thanks for that ... you wouldn't believe the chuckle I had reading your post ... in fact, just chuckled again

I wonder what the pope would have to say about it

And goes to show that EVERYONE has a stroke of genius once in their lives ... this was definitely mine !

But seriously, it opens up a whole can of worms ... an infinite number of Jesus' ... an infinite number of GODS ... an infinite number of heavens, hells, purgatories, etc, etc ..... just makes your head ache thinking about it !

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
thats just my kinda thinking man,a flag 4 u XD

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The only thing wrong with the theory is that since all matter came from the same source, as quantum physics states, then "God" has to be in every thing...meaning that one universes' God is aware of the other gods.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Scopeless

... meaning that one universes' God is aware of the other gods.

You see the problem here ?
Weren't we all brought up and taught to believe that there were NO other (christian) gods ?
GOD was supposed to be unique and one of a kind ... but now we have to come to terms with the possibility that there isn't just ONE god, now there's the possibility if science is proven correct in that infinite multiverse really does exist, that we now find ourselves with an infinite number of GODS !

As common and as uncountable as the grains of sand on the beach ......

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thats absolutely BRILLIANT !!!

I've never even thought of religion from that point of view ... talk about an absolute mindbender of an idea

I'm so looking forward to science proving absolutely the multiverse theory, just to see how organized religion tries to squirm out of this pretty conundrum.

I think I'll go force GOD to split ... now where'd I put that coin ?

S&F

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If God is omnipresent then God could exist in all universes at the same time.

So all you'd really be doing is giving God one more universe to play with.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I like this thread, S+F for your writing. You make interesting points. And if that is the case, then what would the point of it all be??Life I mean, and all the splitting.

Now that's what I call a cosmic gag reel

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by maus80
If God is omnipresent then God could exist in all universes at the same time.

So all you'd really be doing is giving God one more universe to play with.

Quite possible ... good thought.
Now, let's see if we can still turn this to our advantage, shall we ?

The way you're looking at it, God is supposed to be the SUPREME being in "any" universe and most certainly cannot (or should not) be forced to do anything by us mere humans ... I'm sure you'll agree.

Now, if the multiverse theory proves to be correct, then when I toss my coin and observe how it lands, the universe branches at that point ... ok, so far ?

So, as far as I see it, I DID NOT ASK God if he wanted to become part of the newly created universe ... and yet, according to you, there he must be.

Therefore, logic implies that I FORCED God to become a part of the new universe, irrespective of his wishes !

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Well thought out. Not well enough.

If there are infinite possibilities, then there is a universe that eats other universes instantly in time. We know this is not true by evidence of our existence.

Therefore, there are not infinite possibilities.

Nice try, though.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Well thought out. Not well enough.

If there are infinite possibilities, then there is a universe that eats other universes instantly in time. We know this is not true by evidence of our existence.

Therefore, there are not infinite possibilities.

Nice try, though.

Huh ?? what ???

If there are an infinite possibilities and and an infinite number of universes, the corollary to that logic is that there MUST also be an infinite number of universes where YOUR scenario NEVER happens ... good try on your part

So looks like I still get to tell God what to do (at least in my previous example).

By the way ... an infinity can itself contain an infinity ... which in turn can contain an infinity ... ad infinitum.
Thought I'd throw that in

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Your logic is flawed.

With infinite possibilities, it is also true the other way around. This is contradictory.

There are not infinite possibilities.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Lots of good thoughts but the party pooper is that God exists outsaid your quantum universe as well as inside it. Your choices do not effect Him/Her. As someone said earlier,when you think you are making God split you just are giving God one more universe to toy with.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Your logic is flawed.

With infinite possibilities, it is also true the other way around. This is contradictory.

There are not infinite possibilities.

No, it's not at all.

Even if your universe eating scenario happens in some far flung infinity of universes and each one gets immediately gobbled up ... there will ALWAYS be another infinity of universes where such cannibalism NEVER occurs ... perhaps we're in such an infinity of universes right now !

Simple example from maths:

There's an infinity of fractions (rational numbers) and there's an infinity of real numbers.
Now the infinity of rational numbers is contained WITHIN the infinity of real numbers ... so we have 2 inter-related infinities, both existing at the same time.
But if by some magic, the infinity of rational numbers was to disappear entirely and immediately, there would still be an infinity of real numbers remaining.

So, the rational infinity can be likened to your "cannabalistic" infinity of universes that prey on each other ... and my infinity of real numbers can be likened to that infinity of universes that DID NOT prey on each other and where God continues to exist ... AMEN

Excuse me whilst I go toss a coin again and FORCE another copy of God into the new universe just created ... he goes, whether he wants to or not because I ORDAIN IT TO BE SO !!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Your choices do not effect Him/Her. As someone said earlier,when you think you are making God split you just are giving God one more universe to toy with.

Again, not so !

By tossing the coin and creating a branch in the current universe, we're creating a new universe that never existed prior to the coin toss.

By saying "you just are giving God one more universe to toy with", you're implying that God has a choice whether to "play" with the new universe or not.

I'm implying that God does NOT have such a choice at all ... when that coin lands and the universe branches, he's dragged kicking and screaming into the new universe whether he wants to go there or not !

Get the difference, yet ??

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

So you're using math -theory- to prove reality?

No numbers are real. They are designations in order to convey meaning. Number itself is an illusion. It is a measurement. These measurements are designed to record what we are able to determine; not the indeterminable. This is a common mistake.

The reality for anyone who actually cares about the truth of reality is what I've already stated. No amount of double talk can go past the logic. It's simple and easy.

Even if it were so, that everything you say makes sense, then every time you flip that coin, you create a new you with slightly less brain power and life span than the last. Unfortunately, you aren't able to perceive the "universe" in which you gain more brain power and more life span every time you flip that coin!

After careful thought, your version of reality is actually less appealing than reality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join