It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, YOU too can easily create an all powerful God !!!! Don't believe me ? then read on ...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It sounds like what you are hypothesizing about is perceiving God as an egregore.

As the collective mind of the human population alters between each reality so does our concept of God.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

I'm implying that God does NOT have such a choice at all ... when that coin lands and the universe branches, he's dragged kicking and screaming into the new universe whether he wants to go there or not !

Get the difference, yet ??

Do you think that when god gave you free will he might not have thought that you'd do such a thing? What with his omnipotence and omnipresence and omni-whatever else?

Perhaps he sneakily designed you to think of creating new universes once you discovered you had the free will to do so?

To see if you could catch him out and create something he'd not thought of - just in case he got bored with being omni-thingy?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
BLASPHEMY SUCH AS THIS IS EXACTLY WHY HUMANS WILL NOT BE CARTAKERS OF EARTH FOR MUCH LONGER
AND EINSTIEN IS THE BIRTHER OF YOUR ATOMIC WEAPON YOU ALL FEAR SO MUCH LOL @ THE IRONY & LOL @ YOUR FEARS ATTACHED TO THE IRONY NOW HE EXPLAINS MY LORD CHRIST!!?? BE AWARE OF WHAT YOU BELIEVE IT MAY ALL BE WRONG
THE LHC IS BASICALLY TRYING TO DISPROVE YOUR LORD CHRIST BY VERIFYING EINSTEINS THEORIES BUT IF IT OPENS A DOOR FOR HADES TO ENTER REMEMBER HE IS YOUR HERO NOT MINE CHRIST IS.
YOU WERE SIRITUALLY WARNED TAKE OR LEAVE IT I NO CARE.

PS. JESUS CONTROLLS THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AMEN *ALL MEN*

[edit on 9/15/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wow i got butterflies in my stomach while reading your theory. Lets keep this going. Im seeing good theories from others as well...

S&F for you OP...

PEACE!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
If there are infinite universes, then that means there are infinite universes where religious nuts have no caps lock on their keyboards. I like that.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maus80
If there are infinite universes, then that means there are infinite universes where religious nuts have no caps lock on their keyboards. I like that.

Hopefully it's the same infinite universe that teaches them how to use punctuation correctly ... only a single period in that entire rant !

But that's just a mild example of the religious fanaticism that would erupt should science eventually succeed in proving the multiverse theory.
I basically only started this thread as a bit of tongue in cheek humour but the more I think about it now, the weirder the repercussions that come out of it.
As far as I can tell, something like this has the potential to completely turn on it's head the christian concept of God and religion. Instead of one ultimate and UNIQUE God, we're all of a sudden faced with the possibility of an infinite number of Gods ... reality just got a whole lot weirder for me

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
It sounds like what you are hypothesizing about is perceiving God as an egregore.

As the collective mind of the human population alters between each reality so does our concept of God.

Thanks for linking that definition ... gives me a new word to add to my collection

But no, I wasn't thinking along the lines that the concept of God was the result of a "collective group mind" bringing a "desire for a God" into existance ... I was simply going along with the common christian belief that God ACTUALLY does exist out there in some form and is a real entity.

And then I thought what if science is right and there IS an infinite number of universes with an infinite number of Earths, each containing at some point in their history a Jesus ... which then led to oh, oh, the requirement for additional copies of God !

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

So think about it this way ... every time you flip a coin, YOU force GOD to split into 2 copies of himself ... now that's what I call POWER !!!

Unfortunately, the angels know what goes on in other 'parallel universes'(read Book of Daniel in the Bible), so why God can't?

Secondly, flipping a coin isn't a quantum event, it's a statistical event: In fact, you probably make millions, even billions/trillions of these statistical events simply by exhaling or sneezing...

What I think an event capable of creating another reality is traveling back in time because of the highly conflicting 'temporal paradox'

Pretty much the OP is debunked!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

So think about it this way ... every time you flip a coin, YOU force GOD to split into 2 copies of himself ... now that's what I call POWER !!!

Unfortunately, the angels know what goes on in other 'parallel universes'(read Book of Daniel in the Bible), so why God can't?

Secondly, flipping a coin isn't a quantum event, it's a statistical event: In fact, you probably make millions, even billions/trillions of these statistical events simply by exhaling or sneezing...

What I think an event capable of creating another reality is traveling back in time because of the highly conflicting 'temporal paradox'

Pretty much the OP is debunked!

Pretty much the OP is NOT debunked !

When you toss a coin (assuming it is a fair coin), that coin has an equal probability (chance) of landing heads or tails. That means there are 2 possible and EQUAL outcomes resulting from the toss.
Therefore, according to the multiverse hypothesis, the universe splits at that point to accomodate BOTH outcomes. In your universe, the coin comes up heads BUT in your alter-ego's universe, the coin came up tails.

Now, when the universe branches and creates another copy, I'm assuming that the christian religion also exists in that new universe with knowledge of Jesus and God, just as your universe has knowledge of Jesus and God.
If your universe and the new universe have records of a historical Jesus, that implies that Jesus existed in the histories of BOTH universes ... which in turn implies the existance of 2 Jesus'.
Therefore if 2 Jesus' existed (one Jesus in your universes past and another SEPERATE Jesus in the new universes past), that also logically implies that there is a requirement also for a God to exist in your universe and another God to exist in the new universe. After all, BOTH universes would have the old testament that makes reference to God but the reference to God in your universe is NOT the same reference to God in the new universe ... how could they be, as we now have 2 universes with seperate but identical histories.
So, God remains in your universe but a COPY of God is brought into being to inhabit your alter-ego's universe !

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Yea I hear what you are sayen, enjoy experiening the truth. Also dont talk around the BUSH it shows weakness ok THERE IS ONLY 1 CHRIST AND HE WAS GIVEN THE UNIVERSE. SMH

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Think camping.
God/Campsite owner.
Parallel universe/Tent

Creating other universes as you put it,is just pitching a tent.
Put up as many as you like,the space you're putting them in is still the campsite owners/God.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

That immediately was followed by the thought that if an infinite number of parallel universes DO exist, then there must be an infinite number of Jesus' inhabiting them.
In some, he's just being born ... in others, he's wandering preaching ... and in others he's being crucified.

Hey,

Great concept, however, in none of those universes is Jesus doing anything as the man that we know, never existed (disclaimer: in my opinion).

The concept of parallel universes is fascinating and I often ponder the thought. I would love the ability to traverse them.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Pretty much the OP is NOT debunked !

When you toss a coin (assuming it is a fair coin), that coin has an equal probability (chance) of landing heads or tails. That means there are 2 possible and EQUAL outcomes resulting from the toss.
Therefore, according to the multiverse hypothesis, the universe splits at that point to accomodate BOTH outcomes. In your universe, the coin comes up heads BUT in your alter-ego's universe, the coin came up tails.

Then I have to say the Multiverse Theory is flawed.

We just can't think fast enough or remember every variable of flipping a coin to make it consistently land on one side all the time with 100% consistency, unless the coin randomly violates the laws of physics at any moment.

Thus, we imperfect beings tend to leave things to chance

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
.....or this could be the only universe and the choices you make are yours to keep. Once chosen, there is no going back. There are no alternatives, just new choices to be made.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm not particularly religious myself, but I'd love to think that someone could just be sitting watching us, after making some kind of elabourate joke about a God. I can just imagine the person watching us, pointing and laughing going "I can't believe they're still studying this stuff! I'm your God!"

Although, if there is no God, and no heaven, would an afterlife really exist?

I'm an R.E. student, so I ponder stuff about God and Jesus all the time...

Nice point though. ATS is really good for like, every subject you could possibly want to know about.
There's a lot of good stuff.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ramadwarf likes this theory. I too know the joys of dreaming up ideas for how the universe exists; but mine didn't even get to be two pages long...
But this is good, even if I don't believe in God, I still like it!
And I had a good laugh at the expense of that poor dilluded(?) soul with his caps lock earlier on too! BONUS!
But on a serious note: Anyone that attempts to disprove this theory or make a joke out of it is not to be taken seriously. You see this is an idea, one that is very good. I know how it feels to have your theory kicked about in the dirt before sinking into the murky depths of page 4, so I would like to see this one e-mailed to me as one of the most popular threads please.
I mean fair enough, you don't make progress without criticism, so you do need some, but the smugness is unnecessary. I mean, you need the crazy ideas to make way for the right ones; like when people said the Earth is flat. It was a load of naff, but without it our knowledge would not have progressed. I doubt anyway.
So keep up the brilliant work thread creator! And of course, not all of my ideas were smashed, just my 'big' one. Good luck!

Ramadwarf on memories of forgotten threads...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

I'm really pleased that you've enjoyed the interesting comments posted in this thread but I have to clarify that I didn't start it to promote any particular theory of mine regarding multiple copies of God and Jesus.
I basically was tossing around in my head the latest scientific concept and theories regarding parallel universes, multiverse, etc that physicists are beginning to consider may in fact, actually be "reality".

It then occurred to me that if that was the case, then each of those "realities" would have had a Jesus who was born, lived and was crucified. So if we consider that there could have been an infinite number of Jesus', does that not imply that for each "son" (Jesus), that there's an associated "God the father"? In other words, MULTIPLE Gods.

So, depending on whether the concept of infinite parallel universes is true or not, we have to consider something along the following:

1. ONE God and ONE Jesus (no parallel universes)
2. ONE God and MULTIPLE Jesus' (parallel universes)
3. MULTIPLE Gods and MULTIPLE Jesus' (parallel universes)

Option 1 doesn't change our current concept of christian theology
BUT
options 2 & 3 open up a huge can of worms and christian theology falls apart !

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
ok, if I'm following you then every time a person makes a decision and acts on it; a new parallel universe is created for both sides of teh decision that was acted on. That would make 3 universes for each decision acted upon.

Even if it comes down to only 1 other parallel universe is created on the opposite side of the decision, the infinite # of universes would astronomical by now.

Now my problem with this theory is this: When one makes a decision to not pull the trigger this particular instance, a parallel universe would be created in which the trigger would be pulled therby preventing said victim from procreating; therfore there would be some inconsistency in that parallel universe as there would be people that never existed thereby changing the entire structure to the point in which you may not even be there from an earlier instance.

Or am I getting ahead of myself here?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
There are an infinite number of fantasies and only one reality. There aren't an infinite number of parallel words. Conservation of energy is fundamental to the creation. Creating dimensions at the drop of a hat serves no purpose. There are, however, may lower "gods". The planes exist to facilitate and support consciousness. There was one Jesus, a spirit that occupied a body suitable to this plane. He died, perhaps he had some kinetic effectiveness on this plane while he was alive but when his spirit left so did his facility to effect this plane. The good news is that Jesus is alive and well on the earth. So is Buddha, so is Mohamed, so is Guru Nanak, etc., etc.. The bad news is your looking for them in the wrong place. The better news is that the being on earth today is spiritually far superior to the one who visited the earth so long ago and the opportunity today is far great then the ones in the past.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

Now my problem with this theory is this: When one makes a decision to not pull the trigger this particular instance, a parallel universe would be created in which the trigger would be pulled therby preventing said victim from procreating; therfore there would be some inconsistency in that parallel universe as there would be people that never existed thereby changing the entire structure to the point in which you may not even be there from an earlier instance.

You're absolutely correct that "differences" would accumulate between the universes over time.
In your universe, you didn't pull the trigger (based on a DECISION not to) and victim lived BUT resulting in a new universe branching away at that exact moment with the ONLY difference being that you pulled the trigger and victim died.
So, barring that small difference, both universes are essentially identical. But as you continue to make decisions (and create new universes), so do your alter egos in each of these new universes ... therefore each new universe begins to branch and these branches gradually diverge away from each other in different ways.

But getting back to your trigger analogy ... in both your universe (no trigger pulled) and the new branched universe (trigger pulled), both of them share an IDENTICAL history stretching as far back as you care to go.
This means that in BOTH universes, Jesus was known to exist ... so end result is 2 universes AND 2 Jesus'.
The question here is ... does that also mean that the God who's associated with your (no trigger pulled) universe has been duplicated in the same way that Jesus was duplicated ... in other words, has God been COPIED because YOU made a decision ???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join