It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libraries closing in the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by brocket99

Then we have a lot of well dressed homeless people at our library.
Ours has a nice ambience, you see a lot of business people relaxing and reading in the evening.

It is not just about book storage, there is a play area for kids. They have meetings and classes there. It is becming more of a community center then just a library. I used to go to a class on gardening and a mommy and me group.
there are all sorts of options.

I do think there are other things that can be shut down before libraries.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Just so you know, my wife and son regularly go to 3 of our public libraries. One which just went through a multi million dollar renovation, and one that costs MILLIONS to build. Both beautiful jobs, and one actually have new architectural significance in the area.

Sure a very small amount of people use it. They are handy. We get free books, free DVDs, free storytime. It's awesome for us.

However, we actually don't need them, especially if they are draining the resources of our county.

I went into a couple of the bathrooms and MAN OH MAN...many homeless. It REEKED to high heaven, and there is a reason the bathrooms are at the entrance to the library and not inside it.

As far as the "pore"(poor) goes for access to books, providing they are literate, the last thing they are usually worried about are free dvds and storytime, or tracking down a copy of Mein Kampf.

<< 1   >>

join