It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is WWIII only a matter of time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone feel the next (and probably last) World War is inevitable now?

With the majority of the Middle East hating all Americans I feel its only a mater of time until it becomes a nuclear situation.

The next strike against the US could very well be a nuke removing an entire city off the map. Did anyone see the Clancy-inspired Fear of All Sums? Its not very difficult to believe it could happen.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Its Sum of all Fears. And yes, we are on a crashcourse to WWIII. Our greed is what is going to be our downfall. Its that simple.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
LOL! Oops, I am really tired.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I already believe we are in WW111. But, if you mean, "THE BIG ONE," yes, if things don't get better, we're heading defiantly in that direction. I shouldn't say "we" as exclusively American. It seems a large number of forces and geopolitical events are coming together in a certain synchronized manner to make this outcome inevitabel. Again, I hope I am wrong.
joey

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Being a conspiracy theorist, I'm not the one to think that the entire Middle East is actually gunning for the end of the United States. However, the U.S. is certainly giving them reason for that these days.

9/11 was a highly dubious event to a lot of us here, and I'm quite certain a second such event would not dissuade our opinions. Rather even further galvanize them.

The biggest threat to create another World War scenario is the United States itself right now. If the U.S. continues these types of pre-emptive wars, it will most likely get the country listed as a rogue nation and economic sanctions will be handed down. If that would happen, disaster will befall the United States and much as the desperation for economic stability spurred WWII, the next big one would commence. And it most certainly would not be the U.S. vs. jihadists stuck in desert wastelands. It'll be vs. the big names regarding money like China.

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
There are so many factors that point towards a world war that I'm quite amazed that we haven't self destructed yet.

I would predict growing tensions between China and the USA over the Middle East oil due to rising demand in China and the USA and declining world production capacity. There may also be tensions over Taiwan and N. Korea.

Due to a strengthening of the EU economy and a changing of the oil currency to the Euro the USA will collapse economically, several wars will probably have an impact on this as will the shortage or high price of oil and natural gas.

Consider Saudi Arabias oil terminals. Saudi Arabia is basically the only coutry in the world with much spare production capacity and even this is doubted because they keep all their statistics secret and have a 100 million barrel stockpile for emergencies. If a terrorist group were able to disable the terminals for more than a few days then the earth would be in trouble. They are obviously very well protected but there are fears which is partly why the oil price is currently at a 15 year high.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Is WWII really over yet??? Land grabbers are still busy. If there is indeed a possibility that we are living in the "end-times"...the pace of grabbing would increase tremendously. I cant be sure about what kind of knowledge is being suppressed, but even people "in the KNOW"... are beginning to act like children who have done something wrong but their parents havent found out yet...what it was they had done. Its becoming more difficult to pull the wool over our eyes, and the truth is... there is no place to verify anything said for its merits, if you cant open dialogue with the same person face to face on at least three occasions.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
What do you exactly mean with WWIII ? Who do you think are going to fight eachother ?

There are of course chances for a big war in the middle east, but I don't count on that. There are many reasons why an all out war is not likely to happen any time soon.

I think that terrorism will get worse in the region and perhaps in other parts of the world.

IMO a WWIII, a real world war, is still some years away. And that gives me hopefully some time to prepare..

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Its Sum of all Fears. And yes, we are on a crashcourse to WWIII. Our greed is what is going to be our downfall. Its that simple.

I think this one sums it up best. Yes, I believe we are rapidly heading down that path and given the tensions throughout the world, only Divine intervention can prevent it. Will it be WWIII or a chatisement from God? Who knows. But I agree that greed is at the root of it all.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I don't believe that we are fighting WWIII at this point.However,we are getting dangerously close to the edge..It would only take a short series of events to escalate these battles onto a world scale..The best example would be if another nation took advantage of our present situation. North Korea could decide to walk right into South Korea or China and Taiwan could flare up into something..We are obligated by treaties and policy to help Taiwan and S. Korea if attacked so that would be unavoidable. The more likely event I believe is if another 9/11 style attack occurred here or in another country like say Russia..If there was a chemical or nuclear attack by the terrorists the war would be escalated to new levels..This could destabalize the Mid East region even more than it already is..Also,if a major power like Russia or China steps in against us we could have a major problem. I believe that these other bordering countries like Iran and Syria are going to have to be dealt with..and harshly. They are allowing terrorists free reign in and out of their borders to cause havoc in Iraq. These countries have to be held accountable but if we attack those countries too a large hostile power like Russia or China could step in more loudly than in this present situation. It worries me that these countries have remained mostly quiet since we toppled Saddam..Are they watching and waiting??

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
we are already over the edge !
the balance have tilted to the very bad way !
but will it be a war as we know it from ww1 and ww2 ??
no ! we are already feeling but maybe unaware that this is part of ww 3 :

-fuel is the main tressor in ww3 !
-fear is the main and mean weapon used !
-the enemy is unriable,sick minded and kamikaze intended using low tech weaponry...still that can have
big impacts.
-time is on their side too...because it will take years to get the effects for example of all the cancerous fall out
of particles that originated in the setting ablaze of almost all the petrolinstallations in irak.
already now disfigured babys are born with all kinda brain and bodydefects...this will worsen when genetic materials are getting the full blow of destruction.
-climates will go bezurk also due to not enough sunshinerays coming to the earthsurface and acid rain
will even be getting more bad because rain is the source for our drinkingwater and this will become more expensive than gold due to the difficulties to clean all the trash and posion out of the water before it is ready to be named drinkingwater.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Any practicing Muslims on this form as I like to speak to them about their religion and world veiw ?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Being a conspiracy theorist, I'm not the one to think that the entire Middle East is actually gunning for the end of the United States. However, the U.S. is certainly giving them reason for that these days.

9/11 was a highly dubious event to a lot of us here, and I'm quite certain a second such event would not dissuade our opinions. Rather even further galvanize them.

The biggest threat to create another World War scenario is the United States itself right now. If the U.S. continues these types of pre-emptive wars, it will most likely get the country listed as a rogue nation and economic sanctions will be handed down. If that would happen, disaster will befall the United States and much as the desperation for economic stability spurred WWII, the next big one would commence. And it most certainly would not be the U.S. vs. jihadists stuck in desert wastelands. It'll be vs. the big names regarding money like China.

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by heelstone]

Your right the U.S. should do nothing pre-emptive , sit back and take another one on the chin.

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by Concerned-Canadian]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
the irak problem could have been solved in just less than 24 hours !

squadrons of usaf bombers with n e u t r o n bombs
placed on all strategic hotspots at night would have stabilised the way for infantry later checking and searching for womd !

observing all frontierlines of irak for all trying to escape
"card game" names and taken them prisoners would have been more easyer and ofcourse impounding all irak
bankdeposits abroad should have cut off all foreign help/supply of weaponry & freelancesoldiers.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Concerned-Canadian
Your right the U.S. should do nothing pre-emptive , sit back and take another one on the chin.
If you're one of those who thinks that the U.S. had foreknowledge of 9/11, or perhaps even had a hand in it, then there is certainly no way to prevent another attack as it will be allowed to happen again. I think I previously mentioned being a conspiracy theorist and I must also point out the nature of this message board.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The next World War will not be like the previous two. I suppose we have already started WWIII. It begun on 9/11. The past 2 1/2 years are the base for a much larger confrontation.

I referenced The Sum of All Fears because I think it is only a matter of time now that something like that occurs. Its inevitable that there wil be another strike on US soil and the next one will make 9/11 look like a birthday party.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I have to agree. If, or should I say WHEN, the next terrorist strike happens on US soil, I have a horrible feeling that it will be much worse than 9/11. IF a chem/nuke/or bio strike occurs here, I'm really afraid of what our response will be.
Prior to Gulf War I, didn't we let Saddam know that, if he used chemical or biological agents, that we would respond with nukes? Or, am I just imaging this? My point is: If Bush I made it clear we'd have a nuclear response to the use of those weapons, who knows what Bush II might do? He's certainly more aggressive than his dad.
I don't live my life in fear, but I can't help but hold my breath and hope that there's no repeat of 9/11 on US soil...not only for our sakes', but for the world as a whole.
It seems like we are slowly meandering down the path of no return as it is.
Sorry if this seems bleak, but I just have a really bad feeling.
joey

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Matter of time?... hmmm

It could be that we are in the begining of WWIII already.. and it is a reality of the present.

It has been very long since the last world war... And I believe looking at current events and what was seen prior to WWII, there is more than enough conflict, hatred and division to lead us into WWIII.

It seems we are headed toward this war in spite of everything that tells us we are not. It almost seems as though it is beyond our control now.

The path to war can be set by the enemy or the agressor... also in the name of defence things can be made worse.

We are in the Middle East now and surrounded by conflicts.. and enemies.

WE ARE ALREADY AT WAR!

People are being killed or killing with weapons of war in growing numbers on all sides.

Afghanistan, Iraq... and who knows what front we will face next.

Syria? Iran?

Iran is currently working on a nuclear program, one which Israel claims they will not let be completed... meaning that Israel will take out Iran's nuclear sites.. we are caught in our own conflict in Iraq.. so we are in the middle... Iran vows retaliation if Israel strikes.. think of the implications!

There is a golobal conflict brewing between radical Islam and western chistian culture.. Each side claiming moral ground and exposing the evils of the other.

Syria.. supporting terrorists.. also a possible new front in this war. All while we are still in Afghanistan.. and North Korea is also on the horizon!

We are just one massive terrorist attack away from the war of wars.. or if Israel does strike the sites in Iran we may not have to wait for the terrorist attack.

The world is a huge explosive device right now and it would only take a spark to broaden the war.. in enough ways for everyone to see that we are in WWIII.

Gazz

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This is exactly what I am thinking. It will only take a spark to ignite the bomb that the world is sitting on. If Israel does strikes Iran we will be involved in that.

Say if Bin Laden, etc somehow delivered a nuclear strike on US soil...what would Bush's response be?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I am afraid Peace will be a memory in a few years.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join