It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN Brooklyn - Can Congress Ignore Strike Three?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
How many more examples will be needed for Congress to call for an Investigation?

NYC is number 3... pattern of corruption anyone?

Related ATS Threads

ACORN is at it again, taxpayers are funding this?

Second Video Shows ACORN Officials Helping 'Pimp,' 'Prostitute' in Washington Office

ACORN no longer working with Census Bureau

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Un. Bee. Leva. Bull.

If this doesn't illustrate the level of corruption on the part of ACORN and the organization as a whole, then I don't know what will.

Maybe they can blame Bush

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
maybe they should have tried to steer these 2 to "k" street, alot of pimping and prostitution going on there. but those people on "k" street have millions, wear nice suits, and come from good schools
let me ask you...you don't think there has ever been one lobbyist that provided prostitutes for lawmakers? and where in this video did it say child prostitutes?...that was no child prostitute.

and of course you imply that somehow this is ACORN'S policy, not some local hire going off on her own.

i believe these woman was fired, and anyone that has done this in ACORNs name have been fired, and i agree that they should be.

and with that said...you'll obviously be going after any republican organizations that recieve taxpayer money to expose them too!!
what?? you won't?? yeah just what i thought

but there is alot more poor and minority organizations that recieve taxpayer money, so we'll be expecting more videos like these. besides wealthy white guys never, never steal taxpayer money...never!!!

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I am wondering how many more of these they may have for later release...

Hello CONGRESS!!! Come out of hiding, serious attention needed....

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I think you are ignoring something here..

1 - Someone at ACORN hired these advisors

2 - Someone at ACORN trained these advisors

This is 3 different events in three different cities, all with the same type of attempts to:

1 - Aid and assist someone in evading paying taxes, which by the way is where some of ACORN's funding comes from.

2 - Aid and assist someone to establish a brothel, not to mention the imporation of illegal underage girls to become prostitutes...

It is much BIGGER than those caught on tape...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

That's the irony. ACORN stated that these two HAD been to other places, but no word as to what had gone on there.

If it were just one, that could be explained. Heck, I'll give ACORN the benefit of doubt, but two? Then three?

These kids that made the videos have much more up their sleeves. If there is a fourth, a fifth?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Un. Bee. Leva. Bull.

If this doesn't illustrate the level of corruption on the part of ACORN and the organization as a whole, then I don't know what will.

Maybe they can blame Bush

Nope. The tree nuts are blaming Fox News for this.

ACORN pushing back . . . attorneys threatening lawsuit for "ambush" video

ACORN has recently been the target of ambush "journalism" by right-wing Townhall.com columnist, Hannah Giles, and conservative filmmaker, James O'Keefe, who posed as a prostitute and pimp and slithered into a few ACORN offices to try to get workers to say something incriminating on a hidden tape. They got their video of ACORN workers in Baltimore, allegedly advising this "pimp" and "prostitute" how to game the tax system to set up a brothel, which, as noted by my Examiner colleague (with whom I strongly disagree), was first posted on Andrew Breitbart's new website, biggovernment.com, and has been liberally played on Fox News.

And therein lies the problem. The ACORN workers in question have denied the conversations took place, and ACORN's attorneys subsequently sent letters to Roger Ailes, President of Fox News, on September 10th and September 11th. You can read both letters here.

O'Keefe and Giles catch these scumbuckets on tape and they try to fight it by saying it never happened. This is going to turn even more interesting than it already is.

[edit on 9/14/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

If it were just one, that could be explained. Heck, I'll give ACORN the benefit of doubt, but two? Then three?

EXACTLY, once? I could take it as an isolated incident, I wouldnt be happy, but 3?? with maybe more to come? We have a problem, plain and simple.

[edit on 9/14/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

No kidding man. I'm waiting for someone to claim the videos are taken out of context. People use that argument like crazy these days, even when its not apt, because it sounds good.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by jimmyx

I think you are ignoring something here..

1 - Someone at ACORN hired these advisors

2 - Someone at ACORN trained these advisors

This is 3 different events in three different cities, all with the same type of attempts to:

1 - Aid and assist someone in evading paying taxes, which by the way is where some of ACORN's funding comes from.

2 - Aid and assist someone to establish a brothel, not to mention the imporation of illegal underage girls to become prostitutes...

It is much BIGGER than those caught on tape...

ok..yes someone hired and trained them, but NOT to do illegal acts, as you are implying. look i'm not giving these people a free pass, by any means. but your coming right out and saying that this is what this organization was set up for, and i don't believe that.

and do you have proof that ACORN is actively importing underage girls for prostitution?? this is a damaging claim to make.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the thread I started on ACORN's reactions.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

ok..yes someone hired and trained them, but NOT to do illegal acts, as you are implying. look i'm not giving these people a free pass, by any means. but your coming right out and saying that this is what this organization was set up for, and i don't believe that.

The fact this organizations is constantly embroiled in some kind of illegal activity means nothing to you? Do you know anything about their history, or are you just giving tons of slack because its a mostly black organization? Have you ever heard of "front" organizations?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

EXACTLY, once? I could take it as an isolated incident, I wouldnt be happy, but 3?? with maybe more to come? We have a problem, plain and simple.

ok...more than 3 republican congressman have been convicted for corruption...therefore in your world of logic, all republicans should be banned from getting paid by the federal government...right??

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

and do you have proof that ACORN is actively importing underage girls for prostitution?? this is a damaging claim to make.

ACORN is not importing under-aged girls. Have you watched any of the videos? I mean, who has said that? And granted, you don't train people to do illegal things, but you do have a responsibility to those people AND their actions.

Go watch the videos. Read some of the other threads. Then come back and try to support ACORN.

-sheesh-

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Stay on task, Jimmy. We're talking about corrupt tax-payer paid for companies.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hopefully the FBI has started a RICO investigation into this multistate criminal organization. With Obama's connections to this organization, and his gifts of taxpayer money and government work, this criminal activity could very well reach the very top.

[edit on 9/14/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Those 3 corrupt Republicans should be yes... As individuals they are responsible.

These videos are from three different offices of Acorn. Are all of Acorn employees guilty? Of course not...should Congress look into the policies that Acorn seemingly tolerates, if not outright condones. Yes. ...and until such time as that investigation clears Acorn as a whole of any wrong doing, I'd just as soon my tax money not be used to fund them. ...and yes, I think the same if it were a "republican" group.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
these two students are smart with how they are releasing these after the first video acorn responds with how these two had been turned away at other offices then the second video. After this what was Acorns response? A threat of a law suite against the two students and Fox News! Now we have a third Video! This is genius with each video and each statement from acorn Americans are even more appalled and shocked as ACORN continues to put its foot in there mouths.

I only hope The outrage reaches Washington and somthing is done

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I never said that, I said I would like Congress to intiate an investigation of the organization that receives millions in taxpayer dollars.

I would think that every single person in the country who is behind ACORN and their efforts would want this investigation as well.

They are a very big organization, one that probably has some well meaning and does very good work within communities across the country.

Why would ACORN supporters ignore these shocking tapes and deflect from this very disturbing activity?

This issue must be addressed, ACORN should be investigating this on their own, let alone Congress..

ACORN only draws more scrutiny by trying to sue a cable news outlet and thinking that firing those caught on tape will be enough to make this go away.

I am at a loss how anyone could ignore the workers assisting in the child prostitution aspect of this, especially by looking at their mission statement:

Mission Statement

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) aims to organize a majority consituency of low- to moderate-income people across the United States. The members of ACORN take on issues of relevance to their communities, whether those issues are discrimination, affordable housing, a quality education, or better public services. ACORN believes that low- to moderate-income people are the best advocates for their communities, and so ACORN's low- to moderate-income members act as leaders, spokespeople, and decision-makers within the organization.

How does this the kind of activity reflect the words above?

ed:clarity

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by jimmyx

The fact this organizations is constantly embroiled in some kind of illegal activity means nothing to you? Do you know anything about their history, or are you just giving tons of slack because its a mostly black organization? Have you ever heard of "front" organizations?

of course it means something, it means they need much stricter control and verification by the honest people in that organization, and the corrupt people should be fired, and if tried and convicted, sent to jail. but a front organization? i'll have to see alot more "dot-connecting" before i'll believe that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join