It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN Brooklyn - Can Congress Ignore Strike Three?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by JacKatMtn

If it were just one, that could be explained. Heck, I'll give ACORN the benefit of doubt, but two? Then three?

EXACTLY, once? I could take it as an isolated incident, I wouldnt be happy, but 3?? with maybe more to come? We have a problem, plain and simple.

[edit on 9/14/2009 by JacKatMtn]

ok...more than 3 republican congressman have been convicted for corruption...therefore in your world of logic, all republicans should be banned from getting paid by the federal government...right??

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jimmyx]

That phrase that you wrote speaks volumes AND answers your own question:

than 3 republican congressman have been convicted

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So now we're up to three tapes. I wonder how many we'll need before people quit defending this organization? I guess we'll find out. These two went to ACORN offices all over the country. I suspect that these first three tapes are just the tip of the iceberg now.

Where the hell has the US Department of Justice been for the last several months, anyway? Oh wait...never mind.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
How can ACORN be dirty?

Aren't they partnered with a lot of fine religious organizations that filter right down to churches in your local community?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

I never said that, I said I would like Congress to intiate an investigation of the organization that receives millions in taxpayer dollars.

I would think that every single person in the country who is behind ACORN and their efforts would want this investigation as well.

They are a very big organization, one that probably has some well meaning and does very good work within communities across the country.

Why would ACORN supporters ignore these shocking tapes and deflect from this very disturbing activity?

This issue must be addressed, ACORN should be investigating this on their own, let alone Congress..

ACORN only draws more scrutiny by trying to sue a cable news outlet and thinking that firing those caught on tape will be enough to make this go away.

I am at a loss how anyone could ignore the workers assisting in the child prostitution aspect of this, especially by looking at their mission statement:

Mission Statement

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) aims to organize a majority consituency of low- to moderate-income people across the United States. The members of ACORN take on issues of relevance to their communities, whether those issues are discrimination, affordable housing, a quality education, or better public services. ACORN believes that low- to moderate-income people are the best advocates for their communities, and so ACORN's low- to moderate-income members act as leaders, spokespeople, and decision-makers within the organization.

How does this the kind of activity reflect the words above?

ed:clarity

[edit on 9/14/2009 by JacKatMtn]

so the mission statement implies child prostitution? this is a rather bland mission statement that could be used with any church organization for the poor in that community...c'mon jack...your better than this...don't you think this is a stretch??? all of us here want to "deny ignorance", but most of here are quite skeptical of supposed evidence, and question those that have a stake or an agenda...whether it's to sell UFO books, or sell a political slant. the "evidence" should be throughly vetted by investigators and examined by our judicial system

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

So now we're up to three tapes. I wonder how many we'll need before people quit defending this organization? I guess we'll find out. These two went to ACORN offices all over the country. I suspect that these first three tapes are just the tip of the iceberg now.

Many people out there only get outraged when the MSM tells them too. Since the MSM is covering up this story, they wont be outraged. Its the same reason nobody cares about wiretapping, renditions or either wars anymore. The MSM simply stopping telling them to be outraged.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That's the point, the mission statement doesn't advocate what those workers are doing..

Why would the organization, who's intent is to help people, turn to advocating tax evasion and assist in illegal activities?

Sorry if I didn't make my point clearer earlier, I never meant to infer that the mission statement advocated these activities.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

That's the point, the mission statement doesn't advocate what those workers are doing..

Why would the organization, who's intent is to help people, turn to advocating tax evasion and assist in illegal activities?

Sorry if I didn't make my point clearer earlier, I never meant to infer that the mission statement advocated these activities.

well, i guess we can agree to disagree on whether the organization is promoting this type of illegal activity.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

well, i guess we can agree to disagree on whether the organization is promoting this type of illegal activity.

It just so happens that the organization is constantly embroiled in scandal and 3 offices now seem to all have the same talking points when it comes to child prostitution? You think it was just chance that they all had the same advice?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Maybe this is what happens when inter-faith religious institutions take over the state's position of social work. There is no oversight. Religion is always above the law. The big shots have sent lobbyists to make sure the laws give them a lot of leeway and no one to answer to.

The laws of church and state are separate, remember?

"Can't touch this...." they hum as they continue the take-over of government programs.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Jimmy, you seem like a level-headed guy but when are you going to finally see the forest for the trees? ACORN has a terrible history that begins WAy before this. Heck, it even goes back WAY before the voter-fraud fiasco of the '08 elections. It goes back to how they threatened banks for not offering home loans to people that obviously could not afford them. In fact, ACORN is a prime player in today's economic mess just for that reason.

No, this organization is nothing more than a leach on tax-payers, a blight on the poor and a systemic illness that is destroying this country. Their funding should be 100% cut!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Jimmy, you seem like a level-headed guy but when are you going to finally see the forest for the trees? ACORN has a terrible history that begins WAy before this.

If you look at their history, Obama defended them against a charge tat they weren't paying any of their workers, while the organization was using strong arm tactics to force business to pay minimum wage.

Guess what ACORN's argument was? They claimed that if they paid their workers minimum wage, they would go out of business.....

OH THE IRONING!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
As we know the CENSUS bureau has severed ties with ACORN after the events of that past few days, and some here (including me) have been calling for some action from Congress.

Here is one Rep that has already started the ball rolling..

biggovernment.com

...In order to immediately stop taxpayer dollars from funding ACORN, Bachmann is requesting the IRS revoke ACORN’s tax exempt status; the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) halt any current funding; and the HUD Suspension and Debarment Committee suspend any future access to funding until ACORN cleans up its operation...

It's a start, but I think there needs to be much more done by Congress..

If they (Congress), can waste money dragging in baseball players for the steroid scandal, they can print some more up and actually investigate something that directly affects the taxpayers.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I won't hold my breath. ACORN will just reinstate itself under another name, or fade into the background, but that organization - or I should say, key players - aren't going anywhere. They're neck deep with the other crooks in Washington, cleaned up their messes, probably fetch them their hookers.

Those types of people aren't fired, or even held accountable for illegal activities. They're promoted, disappear, or wind up dead from some strange accident or heart attack.

I can hope, but I think they're reached bank status - too big (or know too much) to fail.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
According to Glenn Beck there is more film to come on the 15th that is "devastating"
The Domino Effect. Here it goes !

Obama's has surrounded himself with Acorn, SCIU and Americorp.

SCIU Is "thee" major component in the development and structure of the
Obama Health Care Bill.

All 3 of these organizations and Obama are not just in bed together...
They are having the Worlds Largest Orgy.
Partying it up on our money and laughing at us, all the way to the World Bank.

I never knew that The term "Political Party", was That kind of party.

I Hope to God that someone rips this vultures nest to shreds !!

Somebody help me!
Help me quick !!
Stop this merry-go-round!
I'M GONNA BE SICK !!! - azureskys -

[edit on 14-9-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Beck is playing the audio of the 4th tape, or portions of it, at least, on his radio show right now. I started listening in the middle of his show and have heard very little to this point, so I can't summarize except to say that yes, there is yet another tape.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Beck is playing the audio of the 4th tape, or portions of it, at least, on his radio show right now. I started listening in the middle of his show and have heard very little to this point, so I can't summarize except to say that yes, there is yet another tape.

There is a portion of the tape when the ACORN officials are suggesting tat they not "teach the kids how to read or educate them, because then they wont work".

Its starting to sound more and more like a slave trade.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I don't follow US politics that much but ACORN a Soros funded organisation? If so this doesn't surprise me at all because his organisations in Eastern Europe and Asia have long been suspected to be involved in the sex slave trades in these regions.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
New York is investigating ACORN since the release of the Brooklyn video...

Cuomo probe & council $$ freeze in 'brothel' affair

State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo yesterday launched an investigation into pork-barrel grants given to ACORN by state lawmakers, as City Council Speaker Christine Quinn froze all city funding earmarked for the scandal-scared community-activism organization.

The actions by the Democratic officials followed release of a shocking undercover video that showed employees at a Brooklyn ACORN office giving illicit financial advice to activists posing as a pimp and prostitute who wanted to start a brothel.

This should start happening nationwide..

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
ACORN is starting to realize changes are needed....

Suspends programs; orders training

ALBANY – The embattled community organization ACORN abruptly suspended some programs and ordered new training for its workers this afternoon in effort to stem growing outrage over its activities.

ACORN announced the steps one day after top city and state officials moved to freeze funding to the sprawling community group while Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes probes questionable conduct by its employees.

The furor was ignited last week when two employees in ACORN's Brooklyn office were caught in an nationwide hidden-camera sting giving illicit financial advice to a young couple who said they wanted to start a brothel.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jacob08
I don't follow US politics that much but ACORN a Soros funded organisation? If so this doesn't surprise me at all because his organisations in Eastern Europe and Asia have long been suspected to be involved in the sex slave trades in these regions.

Maybe that is how ACORN gets so much expertise in hiding the illegal sex industry.

As far as an ACORN investigation, here is what will happen.

1. The low level workers will either be purged or retrained.

and/or

2. ACORN will be disbanded and will reform under a different name. ACORN stands for ASSOCIATION of Community Organizations for Reform Now with the bold highlighting the fact that there are little organizations under the ACORN umbrella. It's kinda like Al Queda, you might kill off some leaders and even the name but the organization will still be effective under a different title.

3. The key figures will get off with a slap on the wrist (if even that). An organization like this has to have some big names in bed with them *cough* Obama *cough* that will get off without so much as a scratch. Of course there will be a fall guy but that is anyone's guess. Remember the FBI investigated ACORN and it seems to me that 2 amateurs with $1,300 did more exposing ACORN's corruption than a well funded government law-enforcement agency. There is a good reason for this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join