It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images of Tehran, Iran (May shock)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I must say that I found the photos shockingly beautiful and the people lovely and robust and gosh, I would love a nice holiday there this very minute if I weren't taking furloughs right now. I bet they aren't taking government forced furloughs in Tehran. Hmmm...

Great Post!!!

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

well said!, america will never admit that they are the agressors, it is a hard thing to do, admit that you have caused unimaginable harm to people, but we can hope

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Nice video
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Nuupio]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Yeah. Doesnt this prove right here and now that the media is brainwashing people and putting images into their head that they believe to be a accurate picture of an entire country and its population?

I think it does. Posting pictures of a country and getting 75 flags for it really means that most people are surprised and now feel thankful for seeing the truth. Try posting 75 pictures of United States.... nobody will react.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the pictures of Iran. It looks like a really beautiful and interesting place. I would love to visit it some day.

With regard to war, conflict, violence and aggression my view is that violence breeds violence.

Another of my views is the most violent nation on the planet is the USA.

Instead of backing the likes of Israel which has hundreds of nuclear weapons and all sorts of other advanced technology which they are happy to use against defencless civilians, perhaps they should tell Israel to back off and stop antagonising their neighbours. Iran would not feel threatened and look for ways to defend itself and maybe we can all get along.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I've been to Iran three tims now (my wife is Iranian) and I have to say that Tehran, whilst it has its moments, is really a bit of a mess.

In the galleries of mine here, you might get to understand a little more.
Iran and its people, is/are beautiful - for the most part.
My wife dislikes very much that people are almost self-policing in that they have a 'private' face and another in public.

Many peope who attend the flag burning demonstrations do so because it helps to ensure their 'public' face shows them to be devout musllims/anti-westerns.

In private, many of them behave very differently.

I at no time, felt any malice or saw any ill intent.
People were happily curious to see me, I was interviewed on TV for a Shiraz student's union and felt very welcomes at all times.
People on the streets, asked in private, are not anti UK or anti USA.

We are going back again next April for 'Eid' or New Year. Then it is spring time and Iran is at its most stunning.

It surprises many people that there is snow in Iran - Last Christmas, 9" fell in one night.

In the first gallery I linked to, Kandovan (a troglodyte village) is completely snowed in at some times of the year - the temperature when I was there was a balmy (?) -18c

I hope you enjoy them.

Images from Iran 2008-2009

Photo from Persepolis, Shiraz and Esfehan (also some family shots, homes...)

Wedding in Tehran (my brother-in-law)

Cheers,

Hangerhead.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Great!
Finally a real point of view on what is Iran today.
There is not a lot different from our culture and even if it was different we must have always great respect for all the cultures.

How we can imagine to discuss here on ATS on an eventual contact with other races Extraterrestrial, or other Alien species if we, here on the earth, do not know neither our neighbors, their traditions, their irony, their culture?
Don't they love also their children as we do?

We are only "many and one" on this planet.
We do not have to never forget it.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I am actually shocked that so many people here were shocked by these pictures and had some idea it looked liked Iraq [although that was once the home of the hanging gardens]..As for the people of tehran, they throw about the same kind of underground parties as over here and use the same amount of drugs in a weekend..nothing is allowed but anything goes..
I think one of the most beautifull cities are Shushan and the places where all the old Excavations are...

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Nice one. A real wake up call isn´t it

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Iraq was no different from iran before the war, water fountains, lush gardens, nice bustling streets and baeutifull buildings.... and most of all hardly ANY killings...

now look at it after the world has destroyed it, just rubble, deaths everyday, a torn countrys, bush and blair have blood on their hands!

there was no need to have gone to war whatsoever, its has just destroyed a country, if they really wanted saddam out the way then they should have sent in special forces and assasinated him, maybe make it look like an accident or whatever, but go to war over WMD's that they NEVER found....

i forgot to mention, the real reason behind this war was OIL!

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Itop1]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Where's the photos of the hanging of homosexuals? Of the murder of the Christian girl Neda? Where are the photos of Amadinijad threatening Israel?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Where's the photos of the hanging of homosexuals? Of the murder of the Christian girl Neda? Where are the photos of Amadinijad threatening Israel?

No country is "perfect"... you think the country you live in is any better than iran?? no i dont think so!!

i can do the same thing, what about the soldiers that abused the prisoners in iraq? what about the hiroshima and nagasaki nukes that the government gave permission for?? i could go on and on...

too many people no adays think iran and iraq and those muslim countrys are the center of all evil... we dont think twice about looking at ourselves and see what suffering we have inflicted upon this world.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

No country is "perfect"... you think the country you live in is any better than iran?? no i dont think so!!

i can do the same thing, what about the soldiers that abused the prisoners in iraq? what about the hiroshima and nagasaki nukes that the government gave permission for?? i could go on and on...

too many people no adays think iran and iraq and those muslim countrys are the center of all evil... we dont think twice about looking at ourselves and see what suffering we have inflicted upon this world.

So it's ok for Iran to shoot off a nuke for all the injustices caused against them?
It's never the fault of Islam, huh?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

So it's ok for Iran to shoot off a nuke for all the injustices caused against them?

When did they launch a nuke (give me your source) and were is your evidance that they are going to launch a nuke (give me your source).... ?

let me guess, your another one of those people brainwashed by the media, which is technically run by the government?

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Itop1]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
But yes Bayern also looked [and still does!] very pretty, and Japan with the Blossom and raked gardens..all very....cultivated...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

as far as i know, there is only one country (and, perhaps..., one religion!) that has ever used a nuke in anger, oh my mistake, there were two nukes...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
DAMN!!! Where is the sand?!! Or the camels?

This is not the Iran i see on TV or in the newspapers.

Pretty good example of how people can create a world which is totally different from the real truth.

In most people's world Iran is only desert, camels, terrorists. While in truth is is green, beautifull buildings, modern, snowy etc etc.

If you told me those snowy photo's were taken in Austria i would have believed it too. And Austria is a modern european country, you know what im sayin'

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
As is typical in most nations and countries, it's Not the peoples, it's the damned governments that foment the issues, hype and media mentions we encounter from day to day.

Otherwise, we're all just folks trying to get by, make a living, enjoy life to it's fullest.

i totally agree with this post. its sad how the media is able to blind people. not that this is a suprise, but its sad to think of how many times i have heard "lets just nuke iran" when that obviously doesnt make any sense at all. people for the most part just want to live there lives, raise there kids and chill with friends and family, im sick of seeing government agendas effect people who want nothing to do with any of it

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
could someone post the pics in the thread, please.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Very pretty pictures

Some of the shots look like holliday pictures of an Iranian friend of me. Guess it can be quite shocking for some people to realise that Iran people are humans who live quite the same as other people.

SandF

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join