It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images of Tehran, Iran (May shock)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Great videos. The place really is ridiculously nice. Ok, I'mgoing to ask you something really sad and humiliating but I can't get it right in my head.... How do white people fair over there?

My thoughts are that a white English man would probably go relatively unnoticed (ie safe) but some people have touched on that same subject here and seem to think different. I'm thinking that there will be some racism (like ALL countries) but nothing compared to what some believe.

What's the truth?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
iran = aryan = white

iranians are white people

"Ir" (i:r) + an (Aan). "Er" which later on became "Ir" is the root of the word arya in the ancient languages of the time which meant 'an' is a suffix of location as in Tehran, Isfahan, Farahan, Azarpaygan, and used to be 'ana' in Old Persian. In Middle Persian and Modern Persian, it is 'an'. Therefore, Iran means "land of Ayrans".

[edit on 14-9-2009 by dannyfal]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dannyfal

Thanks for that reply. It did nothing but increase my confusion.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Actually to your surprise they LOVE Americans (Whites), they just don't like the American government for what they have done to the rest of the world.

I grew up in Iran till I was 10 then moved to Canada, so Canada is my home, but nothing can take away my home in my heart! I remember as a children all young people loved American, thought it so cool to be free and they somewhat loved the toys (mateialisticly)

Most adults (that are not brainwashed religious fanatic, I say about 70% of Iranians) are VERY open minded, don't forget 30 years ago before these religious bastards stole our country there were a lot of openness to America and Europe (Even though Shah is a bad example of that). So many white folks lived in Iran for many, many years. Most left during the revolution but some still go for visit.

I don't think there will be any problem for a white person to go for a visit, in fact I think lot of younger generation (which is majority of Iran) will welcome you to their homes with open arms since most are very open minded. The older generation will also welcome you, only the few religious minority will avoid you, but no harm done! In larger cities most speak English so you'll have no problem communciating, but it's better to go with a Perisian since they know where to take you to see the best of Iran (plenty to see)

My Girl friend (Canadian) is trying to get me to go back for visit with her, she's dying to go, it's been 20 years since I've seen my home country... I do miss the vibe/energy, it is surreal! My buddy just went there after 20 years and he had a blast, it is different then when we left, but it is ruled by the younger generation and they WANT CHANGE and so I"m hopeful they will get it some day! (soon I hope)

No Man, Woman or a child should have to live in constrain. We all are living cells of God and so we shall be free as we were when we came to this earth.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by freighttrain]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Thanks for that. From what I've seen, what you posted and what I've learned over the past couple of days I really have an urge to get some first hand experiences. Maybe the urge will pass but at the moment I'm inspired.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I dont understand whats shocking? It looks like a beautiful city... Is it shocking because the average person probably doesnt assume it looks like that? And wow iranian women are really pretty.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thank You for posting this, Most Americans believe they are in the First World... well we were, but are we now... No we are heading for Third World type existance unless we shed right around 175million people or so. and most Americans have no concept of any other place outside the USA.
I mean Hong Kong ~ wow... HK is just awesome, old with new equals somewhat harmony. anything you can name is to be had in Hong Kong.
but it isnt what I call First World - invention and innovation thats the First World. and well we stopped progressing, so we can only dygress until someone turns back on the First World... America. And that is what I think is secretly going on behind closed doors in Washington. you see there is such a difference in the world they want to call theirs. and the world we will allow them to have. which is ours.... after all they are all lazy power hungry slobs, greedy money grubbing bastards.... and they require us, the person trying to live on two jobs... enough is enough... Its time to stop serving them, since their money is worthless. (in 2012, chart the currency ... touches zero in 12/2012)

You know, I dont think there is a First World any longer. sure there are places that are as advanced as us. but as a whole, I would say we are doing everything we possibly can to destroy what made this country Great. check out the 1958, John Birch society video... yea, how could he had possibly know the out come from 1958...?
this is all being done deliberately, why... for what purpose...?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Yeah, Hong Kong is a great place,somany things going on there. One thing I would disagree with is your focus on invention and innovation, although related to science and technological progression these things in essence are at the root of materialism and often driven by/for capitalism.

EDIT: Is this the video you mentioned www.youtube.com... ?
EDIT:I think it's this one www.youtube.com...
Link would have been helpful

[edit on 14-9-2009 by and14263]

[edit on 14-9-2009 by and14263]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Here are some images of Iran. Warning: Could well shock.

These images were pretty shocking to me. Maybe it's because my mind was a little closed. They made me think differently. Interesting stuff.

www.lucasgray.com...

DUH!!!

You must be a US citizen. It's YOUR government and YOUR media that hides the truth about the world from its citizens.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

The fact you completely miss sarcasm would lead me to believe you are the obvious stereotype of an American.A stereotype portrayed by the media which you seem to have been influenced by.

As I am not racist and narrow minded I don't subscribe to THIS stereotype.

Also, public displays of stupidity won't do you any favours.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ahhhh what a sweet video…and a nice song. Wake the hell up. I could do the same with Afghanistan and take pictures of a nice landscape and beautiful pictures of small children running around in the summer. I could film Kabul and its buildings with nice rolling backgrounds. Hell I could film crap on the ground as long as I hit the right angle and shadow something striking behind it to draw your attention. I hope all you female ATS members who thought this video was so cool, and for just a second fell in love with the great landscape of Iran travel their and see how your treated. Go their and talk about your democracy and how great it is. Walk down the street like anyone can in America and wear an American flag shirt and see what happens to you.
These are people who want to build a nuke for the sole purpose of the terrifying control and power it can give them. These are the same people who send weapons and aid into Afghanistan to kill YOUR American brothers and sisters every day. Is their some people in Iran who are good people just trying to work and raise a family…yea. I understand the fact that not everyone in Iran is “Bad”. Don’t forget behind the landscape is a majority of people who want nothing more than to make all us Christians disappear.
A twisted leadership of a decent religion has brain washed hate into millions. Take a wild guess who they hate...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ahhhh what a sweet video…and a nice song. Wake the hell up. I could do the same with Afghanistan and take pictures of a nice landscape and beautiful pictures of small children running around in the summer. I could film Kabul and its buildings with nice rolling backgrounds. Hell I could film crap on the ground as long as I hit the right angle and shadow something striking behind it to draw your attention. I hope all you female ATS members who thought this video was so cool, and for just a second fell in love with the great landscape of Iran travel their and see how your treated. Go their and talk about your democracy and how great it is. Walk down the street like anyone can in America and wear an American flag shirt and see what happens to you.
These are people who want to build a nuke for the sole purpose of the terrifying control and power it can give them. These are the same people who send weapons and aid into Afghanistan to kill YOUR American brothers and sisters every day. Is their some people in Iran who are good people just trying to work and raise a family…yea. I understand the fact that not everyone in Iran is “Bad”. Don’t forget behind the landscape is a majority of people who want nothing more than to make all us Christians disappear.
A twisted leadership of a decent religion has brain washed hate into millions. Take a wild guess who they hate...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Oh this was nice indeed^^
My image of Iran has always been that its a nice country and all, but those hardcore muslim leaders are really tilting the scale the wrong way. Hope the people of Iran can fix things before the west comes riding in with the four horsemen^^

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It's important to know that Iran is only a small part of the 57 OIC countries. One Muslim Brotherhood all with the same motives and goals.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
WW3 (or WW1 if you prefer) is imminent. The west coast of America will be massively invaded...(think normandy times 20...the invading army will be at least 4 times larger than our defending forces). The entire west coast along with hawaii and alaska are at extreme risk. Nukes will be used, cities like San Fransisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, etc. will be leveled...and that's just the beginning.

At least ISRAEL, US, Canada, EU, Japan, South Korea, Australia...pretty much the whole free world.

vs

At least China, Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, Syria, Islamic African countries, southeast asian countries. Pretty much all of the West hating world.

The remaining countries will be forced to choose a side.

This war has been impending for decades...and it's about to begin.

The recession and the economic crisis in California are just ploys to make the US seem weaker than it really is. Especially California, which would be a prime spot (after Hawaii and Alaska) for invasion (the bay area in particular).

Just like Mahmoud said, the iranian protests were caused by western agitators. Soon after, more protests sparked up in China...once again caused by western agitators. And by the way, did you happen to see the Beijing olympics opening ceremony. It was a powerful statement.

9/11 has a lot to do with this. We were able to invade Afghanistan and then later on invade Iraq. There were no WMD's, these two countries are just strategic positions. We now have thousands of soldiers positioned convieniently between Iran and it's most hated enemy. An extremely strategic move.

The NWO is real and runs exactly as you've heard. They are at the very top of the financial food chain. They own everything. And subsequently milk the public of money (I.E Manipulating oil prices, etc.). However, the money they gain from this "milking" doesn't go into their pockets so they can be rich and eat caviar. It's used to stockpile gold and other precious commodities. And it's also used to fund the military (secretly of course).

Economic hitmen, corrupt politicians, manipulative news, etc. This is all a product of the greatest conspiracy ever.

The NWO is real. But not for enslaving humanity, but for rebuilding it after this horrible war.

They control TV and the programming that appears on TV. 2 channels in particular, History and History international. Ever notice they show a lot of 2012, nostradamus, bible prophecy shows. This is so when this "apocalyptic" war does begin, people won't be screaming conspiracy, they'll be screaming prophecy. Which is a lot better if you want these people fighting for your cause (which really is a good cause).

NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, CNN, ESPN, NFL Network, and just about every other channel are closely controlled for your manipulation. Movies are no exception. Just about all new, high budgeted movies are a loose analogy for this world situation. 300, Lords of the ring trilogy, the matrix trilogy (think Zion), pirates of the caribbean trilogy, both transformers, GI Joe, The dark knight, cloverfield, the new indiana jones, hellboy the golden army, harry potter and the half blood prince, watchmen...and the list goes on and on. Just take a closer look at the movies you're watching, they all have an underlying subtext.

300 (free greeks fighting an impossibly large force from the mid east)

LOTR (The world of men is threatened by an impossibly large force from mordor, curiously enough all the "men" are white)

Transformers 2(Watch this trailer, I think it pretty much sums it up www.youtube.com...)

Terminator Salvation (www.youtube.com...)

...and it goes on and on and on.

There will undoubtedly be a massive draft if this actually take place. Within the next three months, but it could be within the next week. Keep a keen eye on the news.

P.S. There is a higher intelligence.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Storyboardentrance]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
i don't believe that the majority if iranians hate or want to 'destroy' America.too bad their leaders do.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Storyboardentrance

Wow. Thats quite the rant you got there. Did you really say pirates of the caribean!?!? wow! My daughter likes those movies. We are allll brainwashhhhed!

[edit on 16-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong I don't mean to sound like the bad apple here. These are GREAT pics. They only show the good in Iran. But like all places like AMERICA there is bad and good. Its the leaders of that county we have to worry about Its the religious factions we must be careful about. Think about it, what if they're leaders is really building a nuk weapon of mass destruction. Its leader has claimed that Israel can't exist on its own. And Israel has the same beatifulness as Iran. Personal I don't believe that Iran is making nuke weapons. But I do believe they are helping the Islam extremist. Helping anyone that kills its own or Innocent people is not ok in my book.

The only thing these pic shows besides the human side to Iran, and that America or any other nation is stupid to just go in Iran to stop its leaders. The fact is innocent people will die. Don't forget that there are a large number of Bad pics in Iran of people dieing, killing.

Don't let these pics false into thinking that is just a peaceful state, or the civilian people in Iran are in control because they are not. Its leader and religious factions are. And they are the one's killing.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by slymattb]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Most of the Iranian people support the West/harbor no feelings of genocide. They hate that the Iranian government has blocked websites like Youtube, they hate that they blocked most western television, they hate that they blocked most western films. The Iranian people already have a taste of what a world of rich culture the west is and they will not forget.
Our enemy is not the people of Iran, but its current government. The best method of winning a war with Iran would be not to invade, but to persuade. Get the Iranian people to rise up together against their oppressive government. Get them to make sure that their votes count and that the ballots have not been corrupted, to make sure that their government fears their people.

Something we need to do too.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If we were to take the time to get together with ordinary every day Iranians and actually talk to them,how easy would it be then to accept military action against their country?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join