It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese infuriated over tire tariff

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

That is how they do business, my son got lure into buying games from the because the black market going rampant and any thing that is a trade mark that comes from China or is China made is nothing than crap and counterfeited.

My son lost money.

Never buy anything from China in E-bay because is counterfeited.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Hey, I agree, time has been on their side for centuries, they have been learning from all of those dirty tricks from nations like US and the UK.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

!!!!Exactly!!!! I was going to post on that but decided not to, they already have given the finger to investors when they erased the debt of their banks, as their banks are government managed and owned.

I wonder why the US doesn't do the same, default on all debt and let the rest of the world fall down with us.

Hey is always new beginnings.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Hey, I agree, time has been on their side for centuries, they have been learning from all of those dirty tricks from nations like US and the UK.

It's a major embarrasment, those communists are not proud of their own spiritual culture. Instead they take communism from russia and imperialism from the us and uk, combining those two and becoming the worse of all of them. Pathetic people, the chinese communists and their supporters I mean, not the chinese people in general.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well I guess WalMart and the various dollar stores will be laying off next quarter.

Where are the rich people gonna get their organs?

What exactly do we sell them anyways? Oh BESIDES debt...

Can we now buy an apple product that is not just "designed by apple in california" and copied, cloned, ripped off etc in china and flogged on Ebay.

FACK CHINA! They are a cheap copy of a genuine WTO country.

Star and flag for Obama. 1st good move Mr. President!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
China is to begin investigations against US auto dumping and chicken import - a possible method to destroy the US auto industry and create an international panic over US chicken imports.

A very stupid idea to play politics with unions over Chinese tires, during a global depression. It was protectionist legislation that sent the world into a depression in the 1930s.

The United States still requires China to purchase Treasuries, especially since the new Japanese government is demanding Samurai bonds (A yen-denominated bond) from the US - instead of normal Dollar based US bonds.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If people in America were so patriotic they will be doing the favor to their fellow American hard workers and boycott Chinese made crappy tires.

America is nothing than a milking cow for the Chinese economy, but what many fail to understand and fail to see is how our own economy is down the crapper anyway, thanks to outsourcing, trade deficits and debt.

Well something has to be done or we as a nation are becoming nothing than the puppets of the Chinese government.

Who is in Charge of America now a days? I wonder.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

They price their heavy truck tires at such a level that they undercut US brands by alot. An American made Truck tire for over the road use can be 300+ per tire, The Chinese tire in the low 200 range. Company bean counters will jump to save on them only to find out they are buying more due to failure of those tires on the road. They will not listen to logic, they only see the bottom line per month! Dimwits!
Zindo

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Well I guess WalMart and the various dollar stores will be laying off next quarter.

Where are the rich people gonna get their organs?

Oh come on...

Wasn't it ChinaMart who told their lowest paid "Full Time" employees to use state welfare to get medical and foodstamp assistance? Meanwhile showing 300 Billion in sales?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

GOOD JOB OBAMA!!!! ITS ABOUT TIME YOU DO SOMETHING RIGHT!!!!

YES! I absolutely agree! He did something right for once. We need to protect AMERICAN WORKERS!! I've had enough of this talk that NAFTA and our terrible trade policy benefits US citizens. It's done nothing but sap all the jobs and wealth out of this country. China now creates 46 million tires a year to sell in the US. That's ridiculous. Yes, they are cheaper, but the money leaves the country regardless!

I applaud Obama on this one...and I don't applaud him much on anything...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
NAFTA and CAFTA never should have existed. They are not free trade agreements, they are regulated trade agreements. Free Trade is truly a wonderful thing, and a helpful thing to secure peace and prosperity in an open free marketplace, regulated trade Trade does not, and serves as an extension of the same mechinisms used by all governments to transfer wealth from the poor and middle classes to the higher eschelons of power.

The WTO is a prime example of that. And disobeying the WTO in favor of helping your own people has consequences. The Regulated trade agreements are a large part of the reason our country has fallen apart.

On the flip side, Protectionist policies have a way of biting you in the butt. Especially when they piss off the Country holding vast sums of your debt.... Won't hurt them a whole lot. They own a lot of American Companies now. And chinese investors have been purchasing our infrastructure and moving it overseas for years. So yeah, production might return to the US, but not until the Chinese dump thier dollar hoildings, devalue the currency, and move thier companies back over here.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'd love to applaud Obama on this one, because, finally, he deserves a little credit. Unfortunately, all but one finger on each of my hands seems to be rigormortised into a couple of one fingered salutes thanks to them having been held that way for almost 9 months now... so he'll have to be satisfied with a wink and a nod.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
With the exception of computers and certain electronic devices, all items on the list can be found from US manufacturers, made in the USA.

link

China needs our raw materials and products a lot more than we need their poisoned foodstuffs and junk.

link

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have a wonderful story with this one..

I bought a box set of DVDs on ebay. The entire series is Japanese.. But no problem with that, I enjoy their gloomy voice acting or their occasionally incredibly high pitch voice acting.. The video quality was good, although it had a bunch of TV anouncements from Japan. The biggest problem? The translation of subtitles. Only 15% of the time was it properly translated, the only reason I could follow is that I'm a hardcore fan of the show and had seen it twice before in english/with proper subtitles.

The dumbest part is that you can download subtitles from just about any group on the internet for free, and I can think of 5 places to get them from.

But it's time Americans start to demand manufacturing jobs back from China. It's wrecked our economy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join