It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini-Nukes - It's What's for Dinner - In Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Cue some of that good ole Texas music.

For your dining pleasure, I bring you an article from April of 2002.

MINI NUKES, BUNKER BUSTERS, and DETERRENCE: Framing The Debate

What is revolutionary about current proposals is the idea of reducing the yield of tactical nuclear weapons to levels approaching those of conventional explosives, to around one-tenth of a kiloton, which would theoretically bridge the gap between a conventional and nuclear weapon. Bunker-busting (the destruction of hard and deeply buried targets) is only one of the missions proposed for these miniature nuclear weapons, but it is the mission that has been picked up and seemingly endorsed by the Nuclear Posture Review.

There is a rub, however. A 1993 law currently prevents the government from designing new nuclear weapons with a yield below 5 kilotons.2 As a result, the goal of developing true mini-nukes has been tabled for now, and the Energy Department will primarily focus on modifying an existing nuclear warhead, either the B83 or B61, to develop new bunker-busters with yields around 5 kilotons.3 The Bush administration's Fiscal Year 2003 Energy Budget Request would fund studying the development of this new weapon, called the Robust Nuclear Earth Penetrator.

Proponents claim these weapons could destroy deeply buried facilities used in the production of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons and would thereby dissuade people like Saddam Hussein from developing such weapons in the first place. Opponents claim creating such weapons would threaten international law and might accelerate the proliferation of nuclear weapons without giving the United States much added bunker-busting capability. Little noted in this debate is the fact that the United States has been at work on similar weapons since the mid-nineties and already has a bunker-busting nuclear weapon, the B61-11, a nuclear gravity bomb.4

So folks, if you feel like a blast from the past to give you, perhaps a little different perspective on current events, you should do your conspiracy noggin a little favor and soak in that article in it's entirety.

We've heard that Israel has a 'new' weapon and you KNOW that they are not saddled with the same 'sissy-crat' style that America has to operate under.

Enter the MINI NUKE. An Extremely LOW YIELD nuke in the .5 Kiloton range. Guaranteed to vaporize your turban of choice, while still allowing there to be plenty of slaves for your new 'commonwealth.'

I can guarantee you that the US has enough of these to get the job done. They are probably already being liberated from their bubble wrap as we speak.

Grab some marshmallows folks.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hmm i wonder if this new super weapon is capable of knocking down steal reinforced structures? like the WTC towers maybe?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
No, it would have simply vaporized the bloody towers. A nuke is a nuke no matter how small you make it.

On the other hand, this is indeed intriguing. Personally I had been running with the idea that Israel had their hands on some good old Soviet suitecase nukes circa the cold war (Which would also explain that ministers visit to Russia last week). This is even better!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
No, it would have simply vaporized the bloody towers. A nuke is a nuke no matter how small you make it.

On the other hand, this is indeed intriguing. Personally I had been running with the idea that Israel had their hands on some good old Soviet suitecase nukes circa the cold war (Which would also explain that ministers visit to Russia last week). This is even better!

Suitcase nukes, Mini-nukes, all the same thing, I would suppose. Just different pizza guys droppin' off the goods. It's just been bugging me the last couple days. I know I stumbled on other articles about these before and I would be willing to bet that Israel has their share of 'made in the U.S.A' global dominance sitting on the shelves.

I found it fascinating that the yields mentioned in the OA even fall well below the .5 mark - all the way to .1 kiloton. If I'm doing my math right, that's a 100 TON yield. For comparison, Hiroshima and Nagasaki had 15 to 20 KILOTONS for dinner.

These could be even less than 100 times SMALLER yield.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Anyone ever watch 'trinity, abvoe and beyond'? I used to watch it religously on history channel a decade ago. it was alla bout..nuclear warheads! moreso in our army. Back in the 60's the army experimented wtih mini warheads, shot from artillery cannons. It proved no real viable use..the radiation would for sure, contaminate the army tropps, the land where the enemy soldiers were vaporized is now useless, as its radioative now...yuode elimiate the enemy yes, but no gain in conquered ground.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Anyone ever watch 'trinity, abvoe and beyond'? I used to watch it religously on history channel a decade ago. it was alla bout..nuclear warheads! moreso in our army. Back in the 60's the army experimented wtih mini warheads, shot from artillery cannons. It proved no real viable use..the radiation would for sure, contaminate the army tropps, the land where the enemy soldiers were vaporized is now useless, as its radioative now...yuode elimiate the enemy yes, but no gain in conquered ground.

Yeah, the Davey Crocket, I believe. Americans are silly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a210dcb9103.jpg[/atsimg]

Who volunteers?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Hi ks, I did a thread a little while ago where a guy with a "colored" past was warning of a suitcase nuke attacks across the states. I kinda think We are being desensitized to the idea of such a "happening" taking place. Just my opinion is all. Scary stuff. I'm really glad You, and Yours are getting a little prepared. May not be for a while, but it's coming none the less. The PTB need a war for distraction, and to have that they'll need a false flag.

S&F

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Former Russian National Security Advisor Alexander Lebed:

I'm saying that more than a hundred weapons out of the supposed number of 250 are not under the control of the armed forces of Russia. I don't know their location. I don't know whether they have been destroyed or whether they are stored or whether they've been sold or stolen, I don't know.

The highest-ranking GRU defector Stanislav Lunev:

The number of “missing” nuclear devices (as found by General Lebed) is almost identical to the number of strategic targets upon which those bombs would be used.

Straight from the horses mouths, one might even say...

[edit on 12-9-2009 by D.E.M.]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Likely, any nuclear bombs planned to go off are already in place. Whether a false flag attack in the US, whether small suitcase bombs scattered around Russia, Syria, or even Iran.

The Israelis have quite an underground supported by a very sophisticated intelligence group. That underground goes through all nations.

Thus, the Israeli ability to do some rather amazing things.

Thus, it's not all luck.

For that reason, and it's just my own WAG (wild-assed-guess), Israel is a good nation to leave the hell alone.

Iran, and even Russia may have more territory, wealth, greater numbers, and even weapons systems, but nuclear devices already planted in your back pockets.

Lots of Jews in Russia and Iran.

Probably lots of other things as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

I've got one better. I don't quite remember the exact date now, but I am thinking February 7th, or 10th of 2007ish................ Putin was addressing I believe the UN, and stated that the former USSR, and the USA had sold anyone anykind of weapon they wanted through the 80's, and early 90's they could want.

In other words Putin came extremely close to disclosing widespread arms sales from simple rifles to Nukes......... He emphasized the word Anykind, when talking about what.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Yessir. America. The place where a person can buy anything they want. Nukes, guns, people. You name it, you can buy it here. Why can you buy it here, cuz people want it. I used to think arms dealers were those sweaty guys in the middle east. Man, my whole image of my country is going down the crapper.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Lets be honest, in the years following the collapse of the Soviet Union, anyone with sufficient means could walk into a former Soviet state and simply take a nuclear warhead from its silo without arising any attention. The number of undocumented and thus unaccounted nuclear warheads that the Soviets possessed is truly staggering.

Israel would not hesitate to go nuclear given the slightest provocation. The only solution is to glass it before it does so, which we will likely have to resort to at some future point if they solve their upcoming water and population issues with more land grabs. But say something like that and, well, you're just being anti-Semitic.

reply to post by KSPigpen

Edit to reply to KSPigpen: Now now, don't forget that Canada is to blame for providing half the middle east and asia with nuclear weapons courtesy of the Candu reactor!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

No one will be turning Israel into glass. Certainly not us.

You know not what of you speak, nor do you know the extent of Israeli/Jewish influence and inside operatives.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I agree with You in many regards, but there are other quiet, more subversive, and more powerful groups out there besides the Israelis. Literal whispers in the dark, or that make the proverbial something going bump in the night.

The Israelis are the ones who helped build their reputations up as boogiemen, but they took the "Q" from elsewhere.

Ks, Yep, it's something seeing what You thought was Your country being something else. I've been out a while, and the things I've run across for sale by the good ole' USA would astonish the best of us. The USA, or the PTB in control due sell everything............. Down to the point that for the most part You don't have to be any way "connected" to see it when out of the country.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Sigh. What is it with this website and making gross generalizations against the extent of a persons knowledge, when they have absolutely no way to measure it? It happens all to frequently.

Of course no one is going to be glassing Israel any time soon, least of all us. Cauterization is the simplest solution to deal with an infection that antibiotics refuse to treat. When that infection has spread throughout the whole, however, cauterization becomes an ineffective method of treatment, unless you want to go jump in a bonfire.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Okay, putting on my tinfoil hat for this one

So what if the purpose of these small nukes is area denial. Airbursting them for the EMP effect, as well as being able to say, everyone has to leave the area, you will be relocated to the new smart city along the North American Supercorridor until it is safe for you to return. Meanwhile cities are overgrown, infrastructure decays, and in the end it is just to costly to return you to your previous city, so it will now be turned into wilderness area.

Haha. Okay, so maybe it's a little far out, and alot of ifs, but those nukes that took a trip from Minot to Barksdale, well the count went from 6 to 5 and alot of people ended up having accidents, so if there is a missing one, it is likely either a B61, with a variable yield up to 170 kilotons, or a B83, with a variable yield up to 1.2 megatons(1200 kilotons).

Now if the weapon was disassembled and the fuel re-purposed to low yield weapons in the 1kt range, that means that there should be enough for a very safe estimate of 50-100 1kt bombs(suitcase nukes) which could be deployed via uav, private plane, or even a hot air balloon.

Now if the major population centers were hit, it would put a stranglehold on the region, as major population centers also house major distribution centers, so no electricity, no gas, no food. Furthermore, if all the electronics fry, that's a ton of repairs on the to do list, many years worth. New power lines, phone lines, everything.

Oh what a way to implement Agenda 21.

Please note that this is pure speculation for educational purposes.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'll bet Iran's wishing they had a little kryptonite in their pockets right about now to protect them from a certain superpower I know of.

Star and flag...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

I would be if I were Iranian. The last press conference I saw with Ahmadinejad he looked like he had seen a ghost.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

It was your suggestion to "glass it" and that we'd be the ones to do so sooner or later.

It doesn't take much intellect at all to determine that a person who would make such a statement, truly is ignorant in many things.

My suggestion would be that if you don't like others taking your measure, don't set up such short parameters.

top topics

join