It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Threat Forces Evacuation of DC TEA Party Planners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Bomb Threat Forces Evacuation of DC TEA Party Planners

blogs.abcnews.com

On the eve of what organizers call a 'Big Ol' TEA Party', the Washington, D.C., offices of FreedomWorks were evacuated by DC Metro police on Friday afternoon after the conservative organization reported to authorities at 3:42 pm ET that it had received a bomb threat.
At 4:48 pm ET, the organization put out a Twitter message saying that it turned out to be a false alarm but the organization is not happy about the disruption.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
A bad story here, they got evacuated due to someone calling in with a threat:

The threat came when a man called the FreedomWorks main line and told the organization's female receptionist: "I put a bomb in your building, bitch."

Who do you think made the call? Hard lefters trying to stop the TEA Party agenda? Maybe an inside job to try and gain sympathy/publicity?

Whoever it was, it's bad news that it's coming down to these kind of tactics in political action.

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Probably a bomb threat from ACORN.

Seriously, they are afraid...the numbers of people I heard that was going to be there tomorrow : 470 000!

BRING IT ON!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Probably a bomb threat from ACORN.

Seriously, they are afraid...the numbers of people I heard that was going to be there tomorrow : 470 000!

BRING IT ON!

470K?! Thats a big protest! I never expected those kind of numbers.

Yeah, I think ACORN would be scared.

by the way. my first thought was ACORN phoned it in as well

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I wonder what will happen at the protest. Like maybe a terrorist attack or something??

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
What easier way to get a warrantless search of the premises? 'I put a bomb in your building, bitch?!' Whatever. I bet the caller sounded like 'a black male, in his early twenties.' such crap. How big of a bomb could it have been? Geez. The goons. They only did it to get the people out so they could see what was going on....to see who they could add to the 'list.'

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This is good...Now we're getting to them!

This is only more proof that we need to continue this fight for our rights and freedom. There's no way thousands of people will bow down to fake threats. This only adds more fuel to the fire.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

470,000? Sounds like someone is probably trying to play the expectations game. When it comes in less, they'll label it a failure. This is what Nancy Pelosi is doing. Her office has supposedly sent out a memo to fellow Dems warning of numbers as high as two million. That'll never happen.

75,000 would probaby be a resounding success. I initially said 50k, but that's probably a little too low. Still, you usually can't get 500 conservative-leaners to turn out to protest much of anything, at least not prior to the last few months.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Somebody's reading FOX News:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yep. I was. No denial there.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I'm going to try and make it down to check it out tomorrow.

[edit on 11 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

new topics

top topics

join