It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Katyusha rockets from Lebanon land near Nahariya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

2 Katyusha rockets from Lebanon land near Nahariya

www.jpost.com

Large forces of police, firefighters and Magen David Adom paramedics were dispatched on Friday afternoon, as two Katyusha rockets fired from southern Lebanon landed in open areas in the western Galilee.

Katyushas prepared for launch by Hizbullah [illustrative].
Photo: AP [file]

SLIDESHOW: Israel & Region | World No casualties or damage were reported in the incident, which marked the fourth such attack this year.

IDF troops launched retaliatory artillery fire towards the source.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's on guys! World war 3 is launching by the looks of things, with Hezbollah probably to blame for these rockets from lebanon... Expect massive Israeli response very very soon!

This is no joke guys, and notice the date? SEPTEMBER 11... how ironic right?

Look now for Israeli strike on Iran in the next 72 hours... only question is will the USA be helping Israel?

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yeah, it sucks. Actually is already 4 rockets now. They are clearly not aiming for populated areas though, it is probably some kind of warning. Or it might be connected with Lebanese political turmoil itself. Anyway, not good development.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

what do you think the israeli response will be?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

Artillery fire, as usual. It actually already happened. 4 rockets = 9 artillery shells in our weird Middle Eastern diplomatic math. I really hope it will not slide downhill from here.
Edit - updated equation.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Artillery fire, as usual. It actually already happened. 4 rockets = 7 artillery shells in our weird Middle Eastern diplomatic math. I really hope it will not slide downhill from here.

I really can't see this incident NOT spiralling quickly out of control. I think Iran knows Israel is about to attack, so is trying to create a distraction with Hezbolah! This is crazy... i think all the talk is over... its show time folks. But i really wish it wasn't!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
ok Reuters is running this story... this is ACTUALLY happening folks... hold onto your seat belts... things are gunna get bumpy

Reuters Link

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It could be Iran orders, of course. But again, it is a warning only then. There were few similar incidents after second Lebanese war, with rockets from Lebanon that did no damage and gladly nothing serious followed. If Iran wanted another round between Israel and Hizbollah now, something much much more bloody is needed.
But i give you this - there is too much talk in the air lately,from all directions, about Israeli strike on Iran. Too much. This is suspicious.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
ok debka is running this story also...

debka file

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
ok debka is running this story also...

debka file

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sorry, how is this particular scenario any different that what seems to happen every so often in that area of the world?

It seems every so many months, some group of radicals chucks a few shells into Israel to stir up the pot, Israel responds in kind - usually with 10x the aggression and 100x the damage and the tit-for-tat replays for a month and then dies down.

How is this WW3?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

CNN has it too, along with something about the coastguard firing on a boat close to the pentagon.

Israeli military strikes Lebanon after rocket fire; no casualties

Reports of shots fired on Potomac near Pentagon

[edit on 9/11/2009 by yadda333]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
Sorry, how is this particular scenario any different that what seems to happen every so often in that area of the world?

It seems every so many months, some group of radicals chucks a few shells into Israel to stir up the pot, Israel responds in kind - usually with 10x the aggression and 100x the damage and the tit-for-tat replays for a month and then dies down.

How is this WW3?

Precisely.

I think some people on here have a genuine hard on for WW3, and quickly devour any reports of minor skirmishes in the middle east leaving no room for rational thought.

Originally posted by savetimerushonline
......its show time folks. But i really wish it wasn't!

Hmmm, are you sure about that?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

How is this WW3?

This is ww3 potentially, because Hezbolah is really a branch of the revolutionary guards, so Iran will be blamed for this attack, and attacked by Israel and possibly the U.S, which will the provoke a response from Russia, China and Syria who have warned Israel that they will come to Irans aid in the event it is attacked.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Story was previously posted here.

Please contribute to the preceding thread.

closing

top topics

join