It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my mother saw a ufo...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Springer and I had lunch yesterday with my mom and dad. My mom is 81 years old and what I'm about to say is said with all the love in my heart - but she's dumb as a stump, ok? Seriously. That's important to this story.

Okay, so we're sitting there eating a sammich and mom says, "Have you seen the space station since they got all the lights lit up on it?" Well, that one stumped me because I didn't know about any grand lighting ceremony, so I respond, "No." She says, "It's really something!"

So she precedes to tell us about going out on the front porch up in the wee hours of the morning to let her little dog take a tinkle. Her front porch faces to the east. And she says "It was right over there. I watched it for about 2 minutes and then when me and Sarg [the dog] started back in the house I turned around to look at it one more time because it was so pretty, and it was gone. It has all these lights and they are different colors. It's beautiful!"

Okay, what she's describing at this point isn't making sense so I asked "You saw different lights on it?" That's when Springer says "Mom, the space station would look at about this big." And he holds his fingers like a speck of dust. And then I said, "And it would be moving real fast across the sky like this." And I trace the path it ought to be going.

So she says, "Well, what was it then, because it was just sitting there and it was a lot bigger than that." And Springer asks, "How big was it?" And my mom stretches her arms out as wide as they'll go and says "Oh, 70 feet or so." I said, "Wait, mom, put your arms out in front of you and at arms length show us how much of the sky it was." She moves her arms and her hands are still like 3 feet or so apart. So now I'm looking at Springer like - WTF?

So I say "How tall was it?" And at arms length she holds up her hands to show about 6 inches of height. And she says, "It was all lit up but it had all these separate lights in it and some of them were different colors. And it was like it was a little thinner in the middle than it was on the ends." That's when I asked her, "How long did you watch this thing?" Her response, "Oh, about 2 minutes - while Sarg was peeing."

Beats the heck out of me. Just wanted to share. It's anecdotal at best, but I know my mom and she wouldn't make anything up. Heck, she thought she was telling me about the space station!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Pretty weird. My mother also saw something "upclose" with a witness in CT in the early 60s.

It is her story that makes me believe there is definitely something out there that can hover silently.

I won't go deep into it. Alls I will say is that everyone who knows my mother knows she has never been a "story teller" or the type to make up strange events.

I'd like to know if she should report this incident since she knows the name of the other girl who was in the car.

I just know it was this story that has always convinced me there is some hovering craft, that can hover at least as high as a telephone pole. It can do this silently.

I dunno. Weird stuff.

I LOVE MOM!

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

That's a great story and it made me smile, lol.
I have to smile because so many of the people in my family are the same way, hehe.

Wow, I would love to see what it was she saw! Tell her to watch for it again and take a pic if it shows up!

I watch the sky very often and I was speaking to an aunt about it, not too long ago. She lives just across the road from me. Anyway, she was telling me and my sis, "I see satellites over there *points to the east* every now and then. I was watching one just the other night... it was really bright and it would move and then stop for a while and then it would start moving again. It was obviously a satellite..."

*palm to forehead*

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

I watch the sky very often and I was speaking to an aunt about it, not too long ago. She lives just across the road from me. Anyway, she was telling me and my sis, "I see satellites over there *points to the east* every now and then. I was watching one just the other night... it was really bright and it would move and then stop for a while and then it would start moving again. It was obviously a satellite..."

*palm to forehead*

Exactly! HAHAHA - that's why I needed to share the "dumb as a stump" issue. When you're dealing with some one who truly doesn't know that the space station 1.) is barely detectable and 2.) can't be watched for 2 minutes from your front porch facing east - and they sincerely start sharing what they saw...there may be a an explanation, but it won't be "they're making it up".

lol! Glad you understand.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Great story! Thanks for sharing

It does sound so sincere, almost like a naive person decribing a sighting.

There will be debunkers you know, like always. Trying to say stuff like your mom lost it or that she's probably demented.

Just let them talk. I'm quite sure that you have felt that what she saw was genuine. Sometimes that's all it takes to turn a non-believer into a believer.

Congrats to your mom.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Yes, I understand perfectly and I feel your pain, LOL! I do hope your mother sees that again. It would be great to see a pic of what she saw, even if it was something perfectly ordinary, although it's hard to see how it could be.

What kills me is that my aunt is ALWAYS taking pics... pics of everything! She didn't even think to go get her camera for these "satellites" though, lol. But I suppose you wouldn't think to take a pic of something if you thought it was something that was supposed to be there, hehe.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta
Great story! Thanks for sharing

It does sound so sincere, almost like a naive person decribing a sighting.

There will be debunkers you know, like always. Trying to say stuff like your mom lost it or that she's probably demented.

Just let them talk. I'm quite sure that you have felt that what she saw was genuine. Sometimes that's all it takes to turn a non-believer into a believer.

Congrats to your mom.

Well, to be clear...I've had my own sighting. It was in 1993 and I've shared it here on this board. So I know there are things in the sky that defy known technology. The interesting thing is that my sighting occurred several miles east of town - in the same direction my mom was watching her "space station".

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Great thread, god bless Mothers!

Reminds me of an incident that my Grandmother related to me quite by chance a good while back.

My Mother and Grandmother were at our holiday home in Northern France; total blackness, no street lighting for literally 100 miles in any direction. Mid summer. Perfect to just chill out and watch the sunsets.

My mother loves to watch the stars, and soon after she moved in, had discovered she could see satellites easily, so each summer, at night, her and my Grandmother would sit out side chatting, and watching the sky until 1 or 2am;

One evening, they were there and the following kind of conversation occurred:

GM - "wow look at that big star, I always watch the same kind of part of sky, and I've not seen it before". (apparently a star around the same luminosity of Venus was there, according to my Mother)

M - "Ah it was probably there before but you never noticed it"

(On seeing a fast moving 'satellite')

"Ah look, a satellite"

GM - "Ah yes, it is moving directly towards the big star I can see... it looks like they will collide"

M (laughing)- "Don't be so silly, they are hundreds of light-years apart, one in space, the other circling the earth etc etc"

(Cue speech about how it was a stupid idea)

**Apparently, although both SWORE it happened**

BOOOOOOOOOOM

From both of their accounts, the 'satellite' hit the large star, and they observed an 'explosion' that looked like a single coloured firework rocket explosion, but very far away. The objects started to 'fall' towards the earth and faded from view.

Result = 2 very stunned people in garden, my mother no longer laughing.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Thanks for sharing this, it sounds like an amazing sighting! I envy her.

Perhaps you can ask your mother to make a drawing of the object she saw while it is still fresh in her memory? It would be great if you could post a sketch of it!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm curious, what general area did she see this? What city? Recently the docked shuttle and ISS did a fly over here in Sacramento in the early morning, and it was extremely bright, but only lasted 20 seconds or so. Orbiting NW- SE. The reason I ask is not to discredit, but corroborate perhaps.

About a week or so ago my wife and I got up around 04:30ish specifically to watch the docked fly over (very bright in the morning sky), and at different times we saw weird things preceeding the fly over. One being a fairly close trianglular light formation 'blinking' on and silently floating around at least two different times. The rest were strange flashes/blinks in the night sky all around, not like meteors but just random flashes. This all happened between 04:30-05:30.

Also, a few years ago a large glowing/leading edge of a UFO flew silently right over my house, which at arms length visually appeared/measured about 30 arc minutes.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Fraank Fontaine

I find that very interesting considering my own personal sighting involved interaction between two objects - one I had thought was Venus and the other I had first thought was a plane.

Seriously interesting sighting by your mother and g-mother!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I will do two things. I'll have mom draw a sketch and I'll scan it and post it. And I'll verify what morning and about what time it was. I assumed yesterday morning, but I can't really say that's for any reason other than my own assumption.

I'll let you know!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Fraank Fontaine

Absolutely hilarious! I'm loving this thread, lol!

Line 2.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Okay, I'm glad I did this because...

*sigh* come to find out she had still not understood what we meant when we asked her to hold her arms out and show the size. (LOL - I WARNED YOU!) But I do now understand what she was trying to show us.

I have attached a sketch that is as close to scale of what she saw as I could get. When mom held her hands out at about 3 foot she was showing the two reference points that she was seeing the object relative to. It is a gap between two trees in her yard that is - in fact - about 3 foot wide! So, when I got her out on the front porch and had her stand right where she was standing when she saw the object and then had her hold her hands up to show how big it looked to her, she showed me it was about 1-1/2" which filled the 3 foot gap between the trees.

Here is the sketch

img.photobucket.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
P.S. Two more things about the shape. It was basically a straight line but because of the brightness she didn't really see sharp edges or ends...so the drawing is delineated more than what she saw. And I asked her about her comment that it looked thinner in the middle than on the ends and she said that it did appear like that, but at the same time she didn't know if it looked like that because of the brightness or if it really was thinner.

Then she said - Well, I wish it would come back so I could look at it better and then we'd know!

LMAO

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Great thread.
As a skeptic, this is one of the very few types of posts that make me come to ATS.

1. The witness has no vested interested whatsoever in the subject matter
2. The witness describes something that is clearly not any form of known technology
3. The witness is clearly not lying, nor under any form of unusual mental state etc.

Is it possible to describe location, date (was it September 10th?) etc to try to see if anyone else witnessed this.

This is one of the (less than) 5% of threads that leave mewith more questions thatn answers.

Thank you for sharing.

Final point: My mother (now deceased) also witnessed an object in the night sky that, like this, cannot be described away by any known technology. Like your mother - my mother was completely un-interested in the subject, technology etc. And was as far away from conspiracy theories as it is possible to imagine... You have inspired me and so I should really create my own thread about my mother's specific incident... I do not wish to detract from this specific thread...

All I would like would be as many specific details as you can share so as to see if anyone else might come forward...

Thank You.
Star and flag (which I rarely do).

(edited for content)

[edit on 11-9-2009 by askbaby]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by Valhall

That's a great story and it made me smile, lol.
I have to smile because so many of the people in my family are the same way, hehe.

Wow, I would love to see what it was she saw! Tell her to watch for it again and take a pic if it shows up!

*palm to forehead*

Yea i do the palms thing too......we just need to accept that most people really are stupid.....they really are.....I know it's not a nice thing to say but after having multiple discussions with friends, family, strangers, and other randoms I have come to the conclusion that we ( US ) at least are a VERY STUPID COUNTRY......

Even after giving people evidence and proving them wrong they will not accept something as fact......and they fit whatever is, into their view of what they think things are...

It is soooooo sad really because I really wish people were on the same page as me and I get fed up with having to hasten my knowledge gaining so the can catch up...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by askbaby

All I would like would be as many specific details as you can share so as to see if anyone else might come forward...

Thank You.
Star and flag (which I rarely do).

(edited for content)

[edit on 11-9-2009 by askbaby]

Thanks, and I would be very interested in reading your mom's sighting. And it's just fine to put it here if you decide to. If not, please u2u me the link to your thread discussing it so I don't miss it!

Okay, here are the particulars:

Mom is unsure whether if it was 09/07 or 09/08, but believes it was 09/08. It was approximately 3:00 a.m. central time. Coords: 34.38N, 97.98W

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Well, to be clear...I've had my own sighting. It was in 1993 and I've shared it here on this board. So I know there are things in the sky that defy known technology. The interesting thing is that my sighting occurred several miles east of town - in the same direction my mom was watching her "space station".

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Valhall]

WOW!! That's extra ordinary isn't it? More to believe it IS a genuine sighting!

Had have me own sightings too
only twice and too long ago.

According to Benjamin Creme the Christ Consiouness is revealing itselves in our current World (dimension) as an UFO all around the Globe ......

It's hard to believe that, that would be going on now, but I am open to ALL explanations.

Benjamin Creme in Japan 2009 in 7 parts.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSvmQLXnqzM

In part 7 he explains about the Star-like light of an UFO and even about the Light Manifestation in the 1st Crop Circle of 2009.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hey Valhall. Funny about your story with your mother.

My sister-in-law knows I love to watch the night sky at her house (very little light pollution). Well anyways she comes to me yesterday and says they seen the space shuttle trying to land before it was aborted last night. They seen 3 huge white lights fly across the sky.

I squinted my eyes at her questioning like and told her if the space shuttle flight had aborted she would never see it in the sky, it would not have come through the atmosphere. We live in Northern Ontario and the likelihood of us remotely seeing the space shuttle are nil at most.

So she is now boasting that she seen a UFO and me who looks all the time have yet to see anything of the sort.

Rhain

top topics

<<   2 >>

join