It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Popping glass'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I read this thread the other day and was facinated by the Ops experience, I know what it feels like and yet have no real insight to add that has not already been offered here by our other fellow members.

Sometimes there is just nothing to add to a thread because as we all discover the hidden truths to the world we live in, (much like the hundreth monkey syndrome)it is as much a learning experience as a teaching opportunity.

As for myself it seems like when my energy is outthere and in an aggressive manner I too have plates and glasses just bust and break. I can months or even years and then in a 24-48 hour period bam! it all starts happening at once.

I suppose the best thing to do Op is to not take it so seriously, allow the play to unfold even if we do not always get definitive answers to the high strangeness which makes our journey and makes us remember why it is so worthwhile.

Chalk this one up to the memory banks, jot it down on a calander and watch as events unfold around your life to see down the road if it was a harbringer of something or just a random happening.

Great thread btw and I bet you got a million hits on it even though ppl were not posting like crazy./

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
OH and BTW I cannot flag you because I already did !

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Try buying Pyrex.

And candles.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Try buying Pyrex.

And candles.

Gee thanks. You're a huge help/

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks Antar. I was wondering: when it happens to you, do you feel heat around you, like it's being generated from your body?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Anything to help.

Other than being hit, there are only two things that will cause glass to shatter.

The first is a significant heat gradient either up or down from the preexisting temperature.

Pyrex and other laboratory glass are high in borosilicate, and thus more temperature gradient resistant.

The second way for glass to shatter is upon reaching frequency resonance.

Now your light bulbs will have different frequencies than your pie pans, glasses, or such. Construction, thickness, shape, proximity, and a hundred other variables will cause each one to have a slightly different resonant frequency.

Heat or resonance.

And you can't directly cause either.

Therefore, I would conclude coincidence.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Anything to help.

Other than being hit, there are only two things that will cause glass to shatter.

The first is a significant heat gradient either up or down from the preexisting temperature.

Pyrex and other laboratory glass are high in borosilicate, and thus more temperature gradient resistant.

The second way for glass to shatter is upon reaching frequency resonance.

Now your light bulbs will have different frequencies than your pie pans, glasses, or such. Construction, thickness, shape, proximity, and a hundred other variables will cause each one to have a slightly different resonant frequency.

Heat or resonance.

And you can't directly cause either.

Therefore, I would conclude coincidence.

So bascally you came here to add nothing. Awesome.

And, for the record, you are not right. Pressure can shatter glass.

Honestly, while I appreciate input, I was looking for people with an open mind. If they were that easily explained, I wouldnt have made a thread about it. If there was a temp change or anything, obviously, that would have explianed it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

there are not, only two ways. like i said, there was a spate of glass tables exploding in the us, i read a story on one in a mag the other day here in the uk.

sometimes they can break on their own, due to the way the glass is made.

something about internal pressures or something.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
When we were growing up, my mother used to say that it was a good thing. She used to believe that the glass would pick up all of the "bad vibrations and ill will" - better the glass object than us.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Excellent thread, very interesting thanks!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If you can take some pictures of the pieces I can tell you what happened. Paticularly the bowl that broke into 2 perfect pieces.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinsta
If you can take some pictures of the pieces I can tell you what happened. Paticularly the bowl that broke into 2 perfect pieces.

Unfortunately this is now going on a month ago, and regrettably, I dont have the pieces anymore.

I am curious though, how would you determine what happened?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have seen this once in person. At a Ted Nugent concert. Do you have any roadies hiding in your apartment with pellet guns?

You should try to harness your power for good and not evil. And don't get a spandex costume, unless you have the body for it.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I have seen this once in person. At a Ted Nugent concert. Do you have any roadies hiding in your apartment with pellet guns?

You should try to harness your power for good and not evil. And don't get a spandex costume, unless you have the body for it.

Lol, thanks, I needed a laugh today

No Nugent roadies in my house, as far as I know.

What do you mean no spandex?? That was the whole reason for starting this thread! I want to wear a spandex banana hammock as my superhero costume

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join