It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

'Popping glass'

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
(Note to mods-please move if I posted this in the wrong place. Not sure where it fits best)

I was hoping I could get some opinions on something I have been experiencing lately.

Over the last week, a have had a glass bowl, 3 glass plates, 3 glass cups, and two lightbulbs simply explode when I was in the vicinity. None were dropped, and none were cracked.

None of them showed any signs of weakness that I noticed, and it wasn't as though any of them broke. They all litterally 'popped'. The lightbulbs both blew out the glass casing. The bowl popped into two perfect pieces. and the plates and glasses looked as though someone had broken them over their knee after the fact.

My girlfriend witnessed all but one of the events, so I know it is not just in my mind. She and I have also both been experiencing an overwhelming amount of synchronicity.

Any thoughts? Anyone experienced anything like this?

Any insight would be appreciated.




posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Need more detail on what the circumstances were.

The paranormalist might say poltergeist activity.

The debunker might say high surges of electricity caused the bulbs to shatter and high frequency sounds can break glass. They also might point out that poorly made or cheap sets of glass from the same batch could be too brittle due to an incorrectly proportioned batch of raw material.

Any other details like where they glass items were and what was going on around them at the time?



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I had something kinda similar happen once... It was double paned glass in an apartment I was cleaning (construction site). I was scraping along, when all of a sudden, I heard this 'BANG!' and a tiny, well formed spot formed right between the panes. it looked like the air somehow compressed and then exploded at that one spot.

Oh- did you keep the pieces? Especially the bowl/ plates. I'd find someone with a good microscope, and someone who knows how to use dye to find stress cracks in stuff.... And I would also break a similar, if not identical item for a control (labeled accordingly). Like a plate, or a bowl. No one likes dealing with lightbulb shards...



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Need more detail on what the circumstances were.

The paranormalist might say poltergeist activity.

The debunker might say high surges of electricity caused the bulbs to shatter and high frequency sounds can break glass. They also might point out that poorly made or cheap sets of glass from the same batch could be too brittle due to an incorrectly proportioned batch of raw material.

Any other details like where they glass items were and what was going on around them at the time?


One light bub was on, which could explain that one, but the other was off.

The dishes were a very heavy duty set, and every single one of them happened while they were in my hand.

There was really nothing going on around them-no tv on, nothing but the kitchen lights running.

I live in a 2-story townhouse, which stays fairly quiet.

Last night I also was hearing and feeling VERY deep, bass-y vibrations in patterns as I was tryng to go to sleep(my girlfriend also heard them), so sound waves is a possibility, but we have lived there for 3 years and have never experienced anything even slightly close.

The dishes were a year old or so, but like I said, they are heavy-duty, and these are the first ones out of the set that have broken in the year I have had them.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat
 


Great suggestions, thank you. I will look into that.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If glass is heated up, then cooled down rapidly it will shatter. this could have caused it.

also if the glass is under high tension/pressure. is there any metal rings around the glass.

also Ther have been reports in america of glass tables just explosing bythemselves. when studied. it had something to do with stresses inside the glass itsefl. probably due to bad manafacture.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Could well be a simple explanation such as has been suggested by others.

Just my own thoughts on it: Vibrations.

There is so much to our bodies that we are yet to fully discover - or at least scientifically quantify and record.
Functions and nuances of our bodies that are quite natural indeed...yet aren't perhaps overly investigated or acknowledged in any deep scientific way.

For instance - you're in a relationship and are experienceing a deep heightened connection with your partner.

Its common when we are in connected relationships for many things within us to alter.
The very chemicals in our bodies change, our body scent changes, our senses themselves also tend to heighten.
Its also not uncommon for people to heal quicker when they are in close connected relationships with a loved one.
Our body certainly has many marvels within it that are quite natural - just perhaps not so known.

If we are merely just a collection of a multitude of atoms, vibrating away as atoms...and if energy causes atoms to vibrate (I'm certainly no scientist here, so please, anyone is MORE than welcome to correct me or tell me I'm talking through a hole in my butt)...then I'm wondering if the *energy* of your relationship - as suggested by the sychronicity - is creating some form of *vibration* on such a level.
Perhaps its that very vibration that may be causing these things to happen.

Just a theory...no evidence basis to it at all...just throwing out a thought.



Cheers.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alien
 



For instance - you're in a relationship and are experienceing a deep heightened connection with your partner.


I WANT THAT!! I have broken some bed springs, worn out mattresses, flipped over tables, and even felt the fireworks and dumb euphoria, but never, have I 'connected' in a way to shatter the windows!! Now I am jealous!!



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by alien
 


This is what I have been leaning toward, and Im glad you said it so that I know Im not completely out there.

I have been feeling extreme stress lately, both from things in my life and things outside of my control. I have been having more vivid dreams, have been feeling like I'm stretched completely thin due to some very intense family issues.

All of the stress and energy inside me lately has manifested in a way I can feel it. If I conentrate hard enough lately, I can raise the level of heat eminating from my hands. I have recently begun to be able to raise and lower my heartbeat through concentration.

I am wondering if I have tapped into something "else"....and just dont realize how intense it is.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
If glass is heated up, then cooled down rapidly it will shatter. this could have caused it.

also if the glass is under high tension/pressure. is there any metal rings around the glass.

also Ther have been reports in america of glass tables just explosing bythemselves. when studied. it had something to do with stresses inside the glass itsefl. probably due to bad manafacture.

As far as I could tell, there was no heat exchange going on, unless it was coming directly from me.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The same thing happened at my house once. A wine glass was positioned safely on a counter top, then boom, it just shattered with all the glass shards remaining atop the counter. I was sitting about 8 feet away when it happened. I didn't hear any humanly detectable sounds that would have caused the vibrations. My brother believes it was a ghost, I disagree with him.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by alien
 


This is what I have been leaning toward, and Im glad you said it so that I know Im not completely out there.


Hey anything is of course a possibility - and I personally don't think its that 'out there'.

As a side-note my employment is - and has been for many years - within Mental Health/Psychiatry/Psychology.
Currently theres a group of us looking at the effects of sensory stimulation and how it may be utilised to generate calming/settling effect within people experiencing heightened times of crisis.

Many are aware of the effect such things as colours, sounds, smells, touch, movement etc can have - as ultimately our natural responses are largely reactive ones to stimuli.

A few members of this research group are looking at the possible function of vibration, be it aural via sound or kinetic via movement. They summise that vibration can also create effect.

I do recall reading some studies in the past which looked at the changes and nuances within people who were experiencing crisis events, who were highly stressed etc - and from what I remember those studies indicated there was a descernable change within the person...on the levels of recordable chemo-electrical impulses etc. Again, energy, creating an effect.

I'll try to did up some of that material and maybe scan it and/or link it here if I can find it. Was quite interesting in that the levels of agitation within the person spurred these quite noticable and recordable *blips* and *spikes*.


Perhaps your current stressful situation is amplifying an effect like this. Who knows.


All of the stress and energy inside me lately has manifested in a way I can feel it. If I conentrate hard enough lately, I can raise the level of heat eminating from my hands.


Not the first time I've come across that very thing.
Indeed its something utilised by many of the traditional Healers in my own culture - the ability to focus energy and actually *heat* their hands prior to performing massage on people.
The levels of heat generated by some is not something minor either - I've felt the hands of some Healers that were almost literally burning with heat.

One of my friends is someone who literally heats up when he is under stress, or around stressful or highly stimulating situations.
He will be sitting there, get up and the chair he was sitting on would be hot to the touch...yet the chair was no different to other ones in the room and apart from the normal body heat transferred noone elses chair was anywhere near even remotely as hot.
Its quite the party trick.





Peace.



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


How old are you? If you don't want to give your exact age... are you a teenager or early twenty'ish? I just ask because that is the stage when poltergeist activity usually occurs... not saying that's what it is. Just trying to get more info. Have you been stressed lately?



posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


How old are you? If you don't want to give your exact age... are you a teenager or early twenty'ish? I just ask because that is the stage when poltergeist activity usually occurs... not saying that's what it is. Just trying to get more info. Have you been stressed lately?


I'm 28(hope that doesnt break the personal info rules). I have had poltergeist experiences before, including full manifestations and even room temperature changes. However, i didnt feel anything inn any of these instances that reminded me of how those experiences felt.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 





I WANT THAT!! I have broken some bed springs, worn out mattresses, flipped over tables, and even felt the fireworks and dumb euphoria, but never, have I 'connected' in a way to shatter the windows!! Now I am jealous!!


Ooohhhh trust me- ya don't want it. (BTW- you don't get to have super-metaphysical destruction of objects, sorry) I HAD a connection like he described, and she broke my heart. Ripped bits off my soul.... No lie.

Stick to the broken furniture and the bruises- you're better off.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by getreadyalready
 





I WANT THAT!! I have broken some bed springs, worn out mattresses, flipped over tables, and even felt the fireworks and dumb euphoria, but never, have I 'connected' in a way to shatter the windows!! Now I am jealous!!


Ooohhhh trust me- ya don't want it. (BTW- you don't get to have super-metaphysical destruction of objects, sorry) I HAD a connection like he described, and she broke my heart. Ripped bits off my soul.... No lie.

Stick to the broken furniture and the bruises- you're better off.


So sorry to hear, hope you've been able to move on-i cant even imagine what it would be like if she and I split.

And no, it's really not "cool" to have things blowing up randomly around me. As exciting as it sounds, it's really very heavy.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


In regards to the plates/bowls that broke, had they recently been heated in any fashion?



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I experienced a similar thing. A glass shattered in a cabinet when I was talking about my ex-wife. Lots of emotion attached to that discussion.

Anyway, I think you answered your own question. It sounds like you are dabbling in the metaphysical. It must be a side affect. Perhaps something is out of balance. Maybe you should seek the advice of an expert.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BriggsBU
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


In regards to the plates/bowls that broke, had they recently been heated in any fashion?


All but one came out of the cupboard, so they should have been at room temp.



posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
I experienced a similar thing. A glass shattered in a cabinet when I was talking about my ex-wife. Lots of emotion attached to that discussion.

Anyway, I think you answered your own question. It sounds like you are dabbling in the metaphysical. It must be a side affect. Perhaps something is out of balance. Maybe you should seek the advice of an expert.


I have considered this, but I'm not sure how to find an 'expert'. If anyone could help in that arena, it'd be fantastic.

And thank you to everyone in this thread that has given me their take, I really appreciate all the input!



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join