It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe paparrazi can cause schizophrenia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
alright, i just had to say this and if this is in the wrong thread, im sorry, but...

just a couple minutes ago, while enjoying my lunch outside and drinking some coffee, a van pulled up to my boyfriend's house and started taking photos. It was paparrazi.

i am staying at my boyfriends parents house currently and his father happens to be a well known actor, definitely not going to mention who. well, he hasnt done any interviews for about 20 years, and yet the paparrazi still show up and hound him with calls.

i think this is a little more than rediculous. have we fed into the media so much that after TWENTY years, magazines will hire paparrazi to continue searching for someone who obviously doesnt want to be found?

i have seen firsthand how his dad has developed EXTREME paranoia. Borderline schizophrenia. And only lately, having lived here for a couple months, have i figured out why.

Supposedly, he was once a normal guy. Over time, he started developing paranoia. It started out subtle and has now grown to the point where he thinks the neighbors (who he has lived next to for 30 years) are tapped into his phonelines and spying on him through the windows. he's to the point where he installed video cameras in every room of his house.

this has to stop somewhere. i get it, if a person is famous then they should assume their lives will be taken over forever. but when a person hasnt acted in 20 years , dont you think you should back away and find someone else to torture?

the media has done some sick things to people, and personally i feel like it needs to stop. all of it. tv, magazines, all of it. its just disgusting.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I could not agree more, every time I look atthe magazine stands nowadays I want to vomit . All we can do is refuse to buy into it, if you don't buy the magazines that spread useless information about individuals, then the magazine can't survive. Sadly though the majority of people seem to think that what happens in angelina jolie and brad pitts house is somehow news.

- OneDivided

Sorry for grammer and punctuation, posted from phone

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Don't go around mixing paparazzi who are photographers with tabloid reporters. Totally different thing

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Paparrazi go around taking pictures of famous people during there every day life, and tabloid reporters make up the bs story to go behind it. Either one is useless, unless you can prove to me how they help the world, your post offers a statement but no explanation. Donnot get me wrong though, photography is a beautiful thing, when applied properly. Taking pictures of Hollywood and calling it news is pathetic IMO.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by OneDivided]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They don't help the world indeed, but as long as there is people who pay money for those pictures they will keep providing them. There's many people who make money and aren't helping the world. That's just a job. If you feel it's pathetic then by all means never buy the product, if enough people will feel the same way then paparazzi are out of business.
I do defend paparazzi to a point. That's as long as they follow their local law. I wouldn't mind getting one of those once in a lifetime shots which would pay for quite a comfortable retirement

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OneDivided

ZING! Nice post mate.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
They don't help the world indeed, but as long as there is people who pay money for those pictures they will keep providing them. There's many people who make money and aren't helping the world. That's just a job. If you feel it's pathetic then by all means never buy the product, if enough people will feel the same way then paparazzi are out of business.
I do defend paparazzi to a point. That's as long as they follow their local law. I wouldn't mind getting one of those once in a lifetime shots which would pay for quite a comfortable retirement

lets put it this way. would you like you, your family, and your families friends to be stalked even 20 years after you retired from the business?

i dont think you would.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I wouldn't mind getting one of those once in a lifetime shots which would pay for quite a comfortable retirement

Thats something we can both agree on. Usefullness doesn't necissarily effect the rewards of something I suppose.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneDivided

I wouldn't mind getting one of those once in a lifetime shots which would pay for quite a comfortable retirement

Thats something we can both agree on. Usefullness doesn't necissarily effect the rewards of something I suppose.

That's the problem. Too many people are willing to ruin other people's lives in the pursuit of money to improve their own life.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have never liked the paparazzi. I think what they do is wrong and a complete invasion of ones life and privacy. I know people love to know all about celebs but they are people too and deserve their own privacy as well in their personal lives.
Sorry to hear about your bf's dad. Its sad he has to live like that now and he probably never thought this could happen when he started acting. I dont really get the fascination with celebs no matter how long it's been since they worked. Its like they want to pick on the ones who havent worked and just want to be left alone and they also pick on the newer ones and turn them into recluses. It doesnt matter how long its been they will always want to get something on a celeb or former one...Its a job I would not want, I wouldnt be able to sleep at night.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Wow, paparazzi stalking me? That's one problem I wouldn't mind having at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The paparazzi annoy me.

There they stand with a device in their hands that is capable of making such a positive impact on the world.

But instead they decide to lie in a gutter so they can take a picture of Britney Spears' private parts as she climbs out of a car, then sell that picture to the gutter press, who make it look like she was asking for it.

Now in all this who looks ridiculous?

Britney getting out of a car?
Or the idiot with the camera lying in the gutter?

Go outside and take some pictures of flowers or something, do us all a favour.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Oh c'mon. Celebs love the paparazzi, they wouldn't be much of celebs without them. Britney probably has that crotch shot framed in her house next to her grammy awards etc. If anyone gets into the lime light you effectively give up your privacy, that's the price of fame and everyone knows that. Considering what salaries these people get compared to what they do they're willing to make that sacrifice.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Oh c'mon. Celebs love the paparazzi, they wouldn't be much of celebs without them. Britney probably has that crotch shot framed in her house next to her grammy awards etc. If anyone gets into the lime light you effectively give up your privacy, that's the price of fame and everyone knows that. Considering what salaries these people get compared to what they do they're willing to make that sacrifice.

well... i can say this much on his dad's part. he started as a gq model, never had any desire to act. but he was bruce weber's muse for a long time, and bruce weber pushed him into acting. he only did a couple movies (which were very big), and he wasnt expecting all the fame. he didnt think that overnight his face would be known to everyone. so in that sense... its really not right. he only did a couple roles and decided it wasnt for him, but because they were bigger movies, he is still stalked to this day! thats just insane to me.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Its a shame we cant make "celebs" of the paparazzi themselves, turn the table on them for a change and go after them with Camera's to spot their every mistake and what they buy in their everyday life.
Sure they might call it stalking, but then our defense is that we can show the police pictures THEY have taken (and stupidly copyrighted in their own name) and say it works both ways.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Its a shame we cant make "celebs" of the paparazzi themselves, turn the table on them for a change and go after them with Camera's to spot their every mistake and what they buy in their everyday life.
Sure they might call it stalking, but then our defense is that we can show the police pictures THEY have taken (and stupidly copyrighted in their own name) and say it works both ways.

hah yeah.. well everytime they come by the house and start taking pictures that is exactly what we do. we go out with our cameras and take pictures of them. and then they get all pissy.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What would you call someone who takes pictures of paparazzi?

Reversarazzi?

New idea for a magazine. We can call it Karma.

Track em down and put pictures of them all over the place so that the fans of the celebrities can hate them all the while hoping they are successful. Have gang meetings to annoy the papparazzi and get in their way taking pictures of them while they try to take pictures of the celebrities. Put pictures of their new babies, kids, relatives, dates, bad beach pics and bad hair days online and in magazines. Then we can find out every dirty secret and skeleton in the closet and drag it out for the world to stare at.

Just give em hell for making a living giving others hell.

I like it.

I don't care for the celebrity rags but a mag like that just might be funny.

I say we let Tom Green be the editor. He knows how to annoy people.

Johnny Knoxville and the Jackass crew could be the photographers.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ok, so you're telling me that they brake privacy laws and all you do is take pictures of them? Why don't you call the cops on them, you've got the evidence to charge them.
And if he is in that condition now because of media attention I doubt he would be all fine and dandy with out it. Something else would trigger the paranoia.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Ok, so you're telling me that they brake privacy laws and all you do is take pictures of them? Why don't you call the cops on them, you've got the evidence to charge them.
And if he is in that condition now because of media attention I doubt he would be all fine and dandy with out it. Something else would trigger the paranoia.

well the truth is, he WAS fine and dandy before all of it. he had a normal life, thats why.

ever since, his life was turned upside down, and it will never be the same. he has changed his number god knows how many times and they always figure it out and call all the time. im sorry but no one deserves to live like that. just because someone did a movie doesnt mean their lives should be taken over. it doesnt mean the public has the right to see their every move. they dont.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Just give em hell for making a living giving others hell.

First I was like
but then I lolled. It's such an awful hell that they actually call ahead to notify where they dine and such so the evil photographers can be there

top topics

<<   2 >>

join