It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mohammed is now the third most popular boy's name in England."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
"Mohammed is now the third most popular boy's name in England. So why this shabby effort to conceal it?"

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Although some claim that since Islam in Europe is only a few % of the population now, that it won't ever be a majority religion, is misleading.

About 1/3 of children born in England, France, and a few other countries, are born Muslim. It will take another generation or two for Islam to be the majority religion in Europe. It won't happen overnight. This may or may not be a bad thing. If they become Radical in their religion (just like any religion has potential for) there will be some big problems.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
All Christians in the UK need to immediately start naming their sons "Jesus" to combat this!

Kidding aside, We in the states keep hearing about the Muslim take over of the UK, but probably thanks to political correctness nonsense, we're never really told anything about the racial demographic. Is the UK being overrun by middle easterners, or are these whites and blacks converting in huge numbers?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The English really need to put their foot down to stop a religious take over of the government. I live in America, where the Christians rule the government, and it's horrible.

Religion ruins everything.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The top 10 boy names are:

JACK
OLIVER
THOMAS
HARRY
JOSHUA
ALFIE
CHARLIE
DANIEL
JAMES
WILLIAM

Is anybody worried about Joshua being in fifth place? And is "Alfie" a real name?

Also, using a religion related name does not mean that the people who chose the name did it because of religion, I don't think all those Joshuas are Hebrews, for example.

Seeing the names on the rise from 2007, the winners are:
Riley - 24 places
Theo - 15 places
Gabriel - 14 places

For those that like statistics, here is an Excel spreadsheet with the data.

For those that like their conspiracies by regions, here are the different areas and the position of the highest version of Mohammed (the most common version).

North East - out of top ten
North West - 10
Yorkshire and The Humber - 4
East Midlands - out of top ten
West Midlands - 2
East of England - out of top ten
London - 3
South East - out of top ten
South West - out of top ten
Wales - out of top ten

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

There aren't very many conversions in the West to Islam actually, except in prisons. It's more about out-breeding. Muslims are (on average) having A LOT more children than native Europeans.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
North East - out of top ten
North West - 10
Yorkshire and The Humber - 4
East Midlands - out of top ten
West Midlands - 2
East of England - out of top ten
London - 3
South East - out of top ten
South West - out of top ten
Wales - out of top ten

I'm english, and this is the most telling statistic that we need to look at. In most areas, mohammad isn't even in the top 10.

The only areas that it is, are Birmingham, London, Manchester, Leeds and Bradford.

Is that really that surprising? These are the industrial cities. Of course there is a large amount of immigration to these places. Always has been. Only 40 years ago, it was West Indians, 60 it was Irish, 100 it was frenchh hugenots.

People, please, ignore the Daily Fail. It is a rag of the highest order, and is rightly regarded as a joke paper in this country.

It's like me posting a story about America and using the National Enquirer as the foundation for my story!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
All Christians in the UK need to immediately start naming their sons "Jesus" to combat this!

Christians? In the UK? You must have not been here!

We are blessed to have very few 'active and open' operating Christians here, almost all of them are of the 'pick and choose, liberal, anglican, no need to mention that pesky God thing' variety.

It's quite nice to live in a country where the Christians don't really have any power at all, and the vast majority don't really want any, or any special treatment.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Anyone else noticed that every single one of these "Muslims are taking over the UK" threads always are quoting a daily mail article?

There is more fiction in the daily mail than in Harry Potter, wake up people...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders
Anyone else noticed that every single one of these "Muslims are taking over the UK" threads always are quoting a daily mail article?

There is more fiction in the daily mail than in Harry Potter, wake up people...

Hah, The Daily Mail is truly epic sometimes.

"Politically Correct Lesbian Immigrant Diet May Give You Cancer!"

They seem to be obsessed with immigrants, obsessed that something or other is ruining our country or traditions, and when they are tired of that, they want to tell you something or other is giving you cancer... I even saw them do a bit on the front page once that said vegetables give you cancer. If that hasn't worn you out, they probably have a new fad diet to sell you.

Right up until the war they were supportive of Hitler and other fascists, and it seems they haven't changed much in the years since.

Here's a nice site that keeps an eye on the Daily Mail:

www.mailwatch.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thank you everyone. I understand the UK Daily isn't the greatest source of information, but I used it to make a point about Muslims heavily breeding.

I do have many friends from the London-area (I'm Midwest American) and I hear different stories. One good friend was a Catholic who got harassed by Muslims when he defended the pope (Remember when the pope said that Islam was violent, so the Muslims violently protested). So, I have heard first-hand stories about Radical Islam in the UK being a threat, and at the same time hear stories that Muslims are only threatening in their own neighborhoods not to all the UK.

My main points are a warning for the next 2-3 generations, to make sure the growing Muslim population does not become radicalized. Remember Christian Radicals burning witches 400 years ago? What if in 100 years Muslim Radicals are stoning adulterers?.... in EUROPE!!

Just a warning.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Personally i don't see the threat, I have lived in one of Birmingham's most densely populated Islamic areas and have never had trouble once (I'm white British btw). I grew up in a predominantly white neighbourhood and LOTS more messed up stuff happened there.

As for radical Islam, it won't take over here, most of the teenagers i have spoken with are more western culture wise than me. Radical Islam would mean the loss of many of their freedoms and luxury's, which i can't see them just giving up.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
People have the right to give their offspring any name they want...

....If the Third most popular name were Jesus nobody would have a problem with it...

This is just another case of Christians being Christians and Xenophobia..

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Thats exactly the reason why mohammed is so populair, they only use about three names, mohammed[by far the most populair], ahmed and like youssef.. So the story is a little suggestive, in the Netherlands mohammed is also the most populair name in the Randstad [the conurbation of the big western cities] they all call their kid mohammed...I also suggested to friends to all call their kids klaas or kees

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Kidding aside, We in the states keep hearing about the Muslim take over of the UK, but probably thanks to political correctness nonsense, we're never really told anything about the racial demographic. Is the UK being overrun by middle easterners, or are these whites and blacks converting in huge numbers?

Not middle easterns, mostly asians(indians pakistanis, sri lankan etc) and black people from many countries.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

You may have second thought son this once Sharia becomes the law of the land.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Maybe not all Joshua's are Christians, but I would wager you 20 quid that 99% of all Mohammad's are Muslims and 99% of people who name their child "Abraham" are Jews. I'm sure if you go to Ireland and meet a girl named "Mary" there's a good chance her family is Catholic.

What is wrong with a religious person giving their child a religious name anyway?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
im curious, how many muslims are in the england, how much of % of the total population?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Here is your answer.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

From The Times

January 30, 2009

Muslim population 'rising 10 times faster than rest of society'
Richard Kerbaj Recommend? (18) Click here to view the table

The Muslim population in Britain has grown by more than 500,000 to 2.4 million in just four years, according to official research collated for The Times.

The population multiplied 10 times faster than the rest of society, the research by the Office for National Statistics reveals. In the same period the number of Christians in the country fell by more than 2 million.

Experts said that the increase was attributable to immigration, a higher birthrate and conversions to Islam during the period of 2004-2008, when the data was gathered. They said that it also suggested a growing willingness among believers to describe themselves as Muslims because the western reaction to war and terrorism had strengthened their sense of identity.

Muslim leaders have welcomed the growing population of their communities as academics highlighted the implications for British society, integration and government resources.

David Coleman, Professor of Demography at Oxford University, said: “The implications are very substantial. Some of the Muslim population, by no means all of them, are the least socially and economically integrated of any in the United Kingdom ... and the one most associated with political dissatisfaction. You can't assume that just because the numbers are increasing that all will increase, but it will be one of several reasonable suppositions that might arise.”

Professor Coleman said that Muslims would naturally reap collective benefits from the increase in population. “In the growth of any population ... [its] voice is regarded as being stronger in terms of formulating policy, not least because we live in a democracy where most people in most religious groups and most racial groups have votes. That necessarily means their opinions have to be taken and attention to be paid to them.”

There are more than 42.6 million Christians in Britain, according to the Office for National Statistics, whose figures were obtained through the quarterly Labour Force Survey of around 53,000 homes. But while the biggest Christian population is among over-70s bracket, for Muslims it is the under-4s.

Ceri Peach, Professor of Social Geography at Manchester University, said that the rapid growth of the Muslim population posed challenges for society. “The groups with the strongest belief in the family and cohesion are those such as the Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. They have got extremely strong family values but it goes together with the sort of honour society and other kinds of attributes which people object to,” he said. “So you are dealing with a pretty complex situation.”

Professor Peach said that the high number of Muslims under the age of 4 — 301,000 as of September last year — would benefit Britain's future labour market through taxes that would subsequently contribute to sustaining the country's ageing population. He added, though, that it would also put pressure on housing and create a growing demand for schools. “I think housing has traditionally been a difficulty because the country is simultaneously short of labour and short of housing. So if you get people to fill vacancies in your labour force you also need to find places for them to live,” he said.

Muhammad Abdul Bari, general secretary of the Muslim Council of Britain, predicted that the number of mosques in Britain would multiply from the present 1,600 in line with the rising Islamic population. He said the greater platform that Muslims would command in the future should not be perceived as a threat to the rest of society.

“We each have our own set of beliefs. This should really be a source of celebration rather than fear as long as we all clearly understand that we must abide by the laws of this country regardless of the faith we belong to,” he said.

The Cohesion Minister, Sadiq Khan, told The Times: “We in central Government and local authorities need to continue our work to ensure that our communities are as integrated and cohesive as possible.”

Growing numbers

The total number of Muslims in Great Britain:

2004: 1,870,000

2005: 2,017,000

2006: 2,142,000

2007: 2,327,000

2008: 2,422,000

Source: Labour Force Survey

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Don't talk about Muslim harassing anyone, and at the same time not mention the fact that thousands and thousands of Muslims have been harassed daily all across Western world due to 9/11. Here in New Zealand a Muslim woman was beaten because she was Muslim. She went to work with a black eye. She didn't call the cops or anything, luckily her boss was considerate enough to call the cops on behalf of her.

I myself have personal experience of being Bullied daily at school when I just arrived here(NZ). I got to the point where I didn't want to go to school anymore and basically got sick of life. I got to the point where I had a knife in my stomach thinking should I kill my self or not(didn't know how to hang myself
). Bullying affect people, you need to understand that. I suspect if I didn't had a strong belief in Islam at that age, I would have killed my self. Luckily I fought back, which in result got kicked out of school.

So please be more considerate.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
What is wrong with a religious person giving their child a religious name anyway?
Nothing, but what is wrong with a non-religious person giving a religious-related name to their children?

We cannot know the people's religion just by the name given to their children. Although a clue, it's not really proof of religion.

And what is wrong with a person being Muslim?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join