It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mohammed is now the third most popular boy's name in England."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Ya well the 5th most popular name in Los Angeles is JESUS, pronounced "HEY-ZUES"

We should have a Jesus/Mohammed gang fight tournament - 50,000,000 man enter
1 man leave.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by harpsounds

You may have second thought son this once Sharia becomes the law of the land.

95% of the people in this country are white. the chances of sharia Law taking over the land are slim. more chance all laws will be decided in an x factor style vote system, letting the public decide the laws with a phone in hosted by Ant and Dec. thats the way the countries going, dumbed down masses making stupid decisions for the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
im curious, how many muslims are in the england, how much of % of the total population?

2.4 million out of 67 million.

About 3.5%

Given that Mohammed, and its variations, is a traditional name used by muslims, this name thing hardly suprising really, if nearly every boy is given the name, compared to the diversity used by the rest of the population.

As far as the statistics go, this makes for interesting reading;

Disproving the Muslim Demographics sums

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
"95% of the people in this country are white. the chances of sharia Law taking over the land are slim"

I think we live in a different United Kingdom here. I'm not against different culture's but I am against other people culture's trying to change the face of Britain.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark2009
"95% of the people in this country are white. the chances of sharia Law taking over the land are slim"

I think we live in a different United Kingdom here. I'm not against different culture's but I am against other people culture's trying to change the face of Britain.

I must live in the same United Kingdom as Woodward Jr. There is absolutely no chance of Sharia Law ever taking hold in Britain. None. Don't let the Daily Mail rile you up. Think for yourself.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't think there's a big worry for me as far as Sharia Law goes.

So far, all they've been able to get are a very limited form of courts. Basically the system is like the same one Judge Judy in the USA relies on. It's just based on a contract, where you have to agree to be bound to their judgment, and they can never do anything serious like imprisonment or the death penalty. Some other religions use this system, as would TV judge shows.

I don't particularly like these courts, but as long as both sides agree to be bound by the judgment, and any punishment is within our laws, they are free to establish these contracts.

The only thing we should be careful of is that young people don't get pressured into agreeing to be tried by these courts, but I believe that coercion laws are strong enough to tackle this, and we know that even in the worst cases that will occur very rarely, they cannot do anything outside of our laws.

For all you white nationalist types, these kangaroo sharia courts will never effect you, because of course you won't ever submit to their authority.

The particular brand of Islam who actually want the more hardcore form of sharia law across the country are such a minority that it's just not going to happen. As mentioned, the percentage of Muslims in this county is very low, and then only a very low percentage of those would support this.

Right now, the real issue on subversion of our laws in ways that many citizens don't like is the European Union. Them along with our slack politicians have much more chance of changing our laws to things we don't like, we should concentrate on that issue much more, the Sharia law one is a non-issue right now, and likely for decades to come.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh joy. Just what we need. More religous insanity (and that goes to any overtly religous name). I agree with a friend of mine who asks the question "is religion a mental illness?". Very good question, which I am not qualified to answer, but one worth asking considering the hate directed to others (who don't agree with you), and the general cause of war and hatred religion has produced for thousands of years.

If we taught our kids, and accepted at a basic level of society that we should treat others with respect and dignity because its THE RIGHT THING TO DO, not because if you don't God will smite you, hit you with a lightining bolt, or make your hair fall out, we would do far better. Do something because it's the proper thing to do. That's reason enough.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark2009
I'm not against different culture's but I am against other people culture's trying to change the face of Britain.

Oh yes, 'cause Britain has never gone into another country and changed the face of that country now have they ??

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
And just how often do people have hands cut off in the UK for stealing a loaf of bread, or whip women for wearing pants. Your perspective is from a different planet if not alternative universive. May we all please at least TRY to get our species tails out ot the 17th century?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
CORRECTION--- Thats out of the 7th century...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Blame it on the Illuminati.
I don't know why they are doing it but they must deserve it.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
to be honest. it would not surprise me if this statement were true. i've lived in new zealand now for 3 years i went back to visit last year. and the muslim community in my small town had tripled!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join