It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack the Ripper : The Art of Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I picked up the book today having seen the documentary last year.
Until I got screwed over by Barclays Bank in the 90's and had to sell my Ripper Books, I had quite a collection. This included the first English Ripper Book (Leonard Matters: The Mystery of Jack the Ripper).
I have to admit that from the documentary, all I was able to deduce was that Sickert wrote some of the ripper letters. That doesnt mean he was the ripper, since many of the letters were hoaxes.
When I have read the book, I will post a more detailed opinion.

Off topic - Barclays bank can kiss my arse.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Let us pretend that I am Sickert. A celebrated artist of the Victorian era residing in London. My name therefore is Waldron. (7 letters just like that of Sickert).
However I have psychopathic tendencies and a hatred of women. As such I murder/mutilate the same. However I am selective in my victims. Why? I wish for them to be a signature upon my life's masterpiece!
Wells,A,Lilly,Downs,Robinson,O,North. (WaLDRoN). Now let us take a look at Jack the Ripper's known victims:
Stride,I,Chapman,Kelly,Eddowes,R,Tabram.(SiCKErT). Will victims I and R ever be found?
I often wonder what odds a bookmaker would give on a psychopath stalking the streets of London and eventually killing several people,of which the first letters of their surnames, if placed correctly, would spell his or hers!
But didn't Jack the Ripper also murder Mary Ann Nicholls? Yes he did. Erm? M.A.N. Apparently as stated in Cornwell's book, Sickert had a medical problem with his penis/manhood. Ah well, life is full of coincidencies. Isn't it?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Stephen knight wrote an interesting book ( the supposed royal conection apart ) about the Ripper that touched on Sickert and the Ripper. As a lot of Masons would prob tell you Knight has a habit of fudging evidence, he wrote a book on Masons, but does hit the bullseye now and then. His evidence revolves around Sickerts son, who Sickert apparently adopted, and the interviews he had with him. Reading the book you get the impression that Sickerts son knew more than he let on. Anyone interested in reading the book should look for " Jack the Ripper: The final solution" but id take what he says in there with a pinch of salt.
I found Cornwells book very good but began to wonder if her obvious obssesion with the Ripper began to cloud her judgement towards the end.
The fact is that after all this time no-one will be able to solve the Ripper killings but i suppose it is fun trying. And no i dont think it was a Masonic conspiricy

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Artistic interpretation is very suggestive and you will see what you wish to see. Sickert was fascinated by true crime and mystery and he may have based one of his paintings on a Ripper murder, although there is no hard evidence to support this. But there is nothing in the pictures that indicates first hand crime-scene knowledge by the artist.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jackdaw
Let us pretend that I am Sickert. A celebrated artist of the Victorian era residing in London. My name therefore is Waldron. (7 letters just like that of Sickert).
However I have psychopathic tendencies and a hatred of women. As such I murder/mutilate the same. However I am selective in my victims. Why? I wish for them to be a signature upon my life's masterpiece!
Wells,A,Lilly,Downs,Robinson,O,North. (WaLDRoN). Now let us take a look at Jack the Ripper's known victims:
Stride,I,Chapman,Kelly,Eddowes,R,Tabram.(SiCKErT). Will victims I and R ever be found?
I often wonder what odds a bookmaker would give on a psychopath stalking the streets of London and eventually killing several people,of which the first letters of their surnames, if placed correctly, would spell his or hers!
But didn't Jack the Ripper also murder Mary Ann Nicholls? Yes he did. Erm? M.A.N. Apparently as stated in Cornwell's book, Sickert had a medical problem with his penis/manhood. Ah well, life is full of coincidencies. Isn't it?
To my knowledge Jack the Ripper never hid his victims why would he have hidden the I and R victims? Also, if spelling a name, logical thought, and I understand the oximoronic implication behind this, but if spelling his name, were they killed in that order?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
Artistic interpretation is very suggestive and you will see what you wish to see. Sickert was fascinated by true crime and mystery and he may have based one of his paintings on a Ripper murder, although there is no hard evidence to support this. But there is nothing in the pictures that indicates first hand crime-scene knowledge by the artist.
Couldn't agree more, a project when I was in art school was to take a painting done during a certian time period, to long to remember who I did, and interperate what you think the artist was doing. I was so incredible off base, and came up with an imbaressing assessment of the work, totally off from the the artist meant by the piece. Granted I did exactly what the instructor wanted and expected, the leason was not to get it right, but to teach us that the message in your art isn't alway determined by the artist, but by the person viewing it.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You're all crazy. I looked and looked and looked and couldn't find anything that looked like anything of it.

If i put a little red line on one of those pictures, with it saying "ear", you would see that also. It's ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ya D, very astute observation, just happens to be what half of us have already said.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I came across this interesting site as i was having a look about Patricia Cornwells claims that Sickert is without a doubt the Ripper. The first link is a Veeeerrry long read but is very interesting as it deals with the paintings that Cornwell asserts prove without a shadow of a doubt that Sicket is the Ripper. As a lot of Cornwells case rests on these Paintings, and the object of this thread is about hidden clues of his guilt, makes it a worthwhile read.

www.casebook.org...

The second link is from the same site regarding a lecture given by Cornwell at the University of Tennessee. Altough short it again is a worthwhile read.

www.casebook.org...

Both links are from the site Casebook:Jack the Ripper.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It was hard for me to make out the suggested images. However, the painting is a very disturbing one in regard to women. The woman in the painting and the woman inside the painting are posed in very vulnerable positions. Behind the woman inside the painting, I can definately make out the image of a stalker in a top hat. I have taken a look at Cornwall's book, and I am really not totally convinced that Sickert was the murderer, although with a bit more evidence, I could become a believer.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The names Walter Sickert and Jack the Ripper are made up by 13 letters.

Both names can be split into 4 decibels / sounds - ie
WAL - TER - SIC - KERT ........... JACK - THE - RIP - PER

In both names there are exactly the same vowels positioned in exactly the same order.
These being A E I E

w A l t E r s I c k E r t

j A c k t h E r I p p E r

Hmmm? Purely a coincidence I am sure?
Much like the one I put forward earlier on in this thread. That of the victims surnames :-

Stride Chapman Kelly Eddowes Tabram = SCKET

edit on 24-1-2012 by Jackdaw666 because: grammar

edit on 24-1-2012 by Jackdaw666 because: grammar

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Mrs Barrett ( painted by Sickert 1908 )

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Many moons have passed since the Autumn of 1888 and the mystery of Jack the Ripper.
Many suspects have been put forward as being the Whitechapel murderer.
However, amongst the theories, possibilities and speculation lies a conspiracy, as mentioned in Stephen Knight’s book, The Final Solution – ‘The Royal Conspiracy’
Over 123 years later, Scotland Yard still fights in the law courts to deny the public access to certain files? …….. I wonder why?
Some say that Sickert left clues to the case within his paintings.
Jackdaw has researched the artist’s works. . . . . hope you enjoy viewing my findings!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
"Jack the Ripper" was Winston Churchill's Father "

www.davidicke.com...

www.google.com... &gs_upl=1493l16412l0l18600l19l19l0l11l1l0l183l953l3.5l8l0

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
SMILING JACK

MARY JANE KELLY'S ROOM?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The Rose Shoe ( painted by Sickert between 1902 - 1905 )

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The markings V11
The Royal Conspiracy evolves around Prince Albert Victor - also known as 'Eddy'
His father was King Edward V11

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Study in Rose ( painted by Sickert 1903 - 1904 )

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Lazarus breaks his fast ( A self portrait painted by Sickert in 1927 )

edit on 31-1-2012 by Jackdaw because: grammar

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Mary Jane Kelly's room?

MARY JANE KELLY?

edit on 2-2-2012 by Jackdaw because: grammar

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join