It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've decided to file a law suit against Alex Jones and Dylan Avery for psychological damage.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

mmm...the George Carlin argument has already been decided via the highest court. Turn off your television or whatever, no one is forcing you to consume their information.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

arstechnica.com...

Best Buy has been slapped with a $54 million lawsuit after it lost a customer's laptop and strung her along for over half a year before owning up. Still, she claims she has incurred so many costs that Best Buy's offer isn't worth it.

"Attention-getting" lawsuit was a winner for Campbell.

It's not about 'winning'... it's about getting attention where attention is needed.

...and has been forced to incur extra costs to monitor all of her accounts for suspicious activity.

Placing fraud alerts on accounts is free through all 3 major credit bureaus. If she hired an outside company for this, thats her business.

Just because the suit was filed doesn't mean she will win.

Plus, your remark about attention, again, I fully understand your point.

The point that I and others are trying to make is what KIND of attention.

Run a poll, I bet most people would vote she is an idiot for suing for that much, and she owns some responsibility in what she had on her laptop when she handed it over to Best Buy.

Once you gain attention on something, you have ZERO control over what direction that attention takes. You are then subjected to the opinions of whatever media choses to write about the story.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

To back your statements up from a psychologist perspective...

You would have to prove that you were completely normal before hand. How does anyone know if you suffered from delusions or exhibited certain personality disorders. They could say that the pre-existing disorders are what led you down the path to finding these theories.

Think about it this way, if you could win a lawsuit based on people sharing their ideas with others, that you chose to participate in, then what's to stop listeners from suing musicians, or people with eyeballs for seeing art. They had a viewpoint and presented it, under no circumstance were you forced to believe or be so strongly influenced by their information. Unless you could prove somehow that they knowingly created this illusion and targeted people attempting to cause undue harm. Which won't happen.

Lastly, you aren't addressing the real issue. I don't believe for a moment that you had no prior problems before your exposure to this media. I will say that you may not have been aware of the problem, or you were, but it never presented itself in a manner that adversely affected your life. What you need to do is examine yourself and ask why you feel so strongly affected now. Keeping asking yourself "why?", go as deep as you can. Suing these people will not make you feel better, it won't erase memories of what you know. You'll still be upset. Don't waste your time pretending the problem is out there, with them. Address the real issue which is your state of mind. Think of it this way, if you put all the effort you'd be willing to put into taking legal action against them, and applied that towards bettering yourself, would you not be much better off? Sure you'll get money, but the associated happiness fades. That's not a saying, that's based on actual research of lottery winners. I really just hate to see people spending months or years of their lives thinking they know how to answer their problem just to realize one day that they never considered whether they'd asked the right question. I hope you find peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You will have considerable difficulty proving damages. The court will see any damages as due to an unhealthy obsessive compulsive fixation on a conspiracy theory that you won't let go of.

I like your avatar.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I am trying to work with you here. Even though I may sound objectionable, in essence I am pointing out faults in this to prevent you from being laughed out of court, or worse. Your continuation in that vein is your own choice, but at least be prepared for the roadblocks you would be facing.

Do I have an alternative for you? No, but some people in this thread have offered some suggestions you could perhaps pursue.

The one thing it seems that anyone going into a 9-11 suit would not want to do is place themselves in a position of questionable sanity.

Thats shooting yourself in the hand before you get a chance to sign the check.

Besides, I *sincerely* doubt AJ has :

1. The money to make it worth your permanent damaging of your own reputaion in this with regards to your mental stability (You would have to file under your real name) - an don't think this won't follow you the rest of your life

2. Enough of a well known name to bring the type of attention you are looking for. Again, his reputation proceeds him, and I beg to say I doubt the mainstream that even knows who he is would not question *his* sanity.

In the end, you would only be furthr dispairaging any hope of pulling forward with a real 9-11 suit, and be placing a black eye on the face of the followers.

But, this is all just my opinion, you are still free to do what you wish. Just go into it with eyes wide open, not wide shut.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

I completely agree, thanks for the assist friend.

It's EXTREMELY difficult to prove damages in a case like this. Unless AJ himself tied him down to a chair and force fed it through an IV It really won't go far.

As far as garnering attention, that would be NEGATIVE attention on the part of the media towards us. We have enough of that already.

Dragging this thing through the courts is just another way to show the world how crazy we are.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
usually when you think something that the majority doesnt believe then you are going to be put down. unless of course you are good at convincing. maybe be careful what you say to who.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I would like to apologize to the ATS community for not putting a disclaimer in the OP. My internet was not working properly when I tried to edit it. The idea behind the lawsuit against AJ and Dylan was completely fictitious.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Dooms...................You are kidding RIGHT!

- Chill man.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I would like to apologize to the ATS community for not putting a disclaimer in the OP. My internet was not working properly when I tried to edit it. The idea behind the lawsuit against AJ and Dylan was completely fictitious.

Ha! But was there an actual document? Did Emilio Estevez help you write it? This, I want to know.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

*HOAX*.......LOL, made me laugh

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by vesta

Same excuse AJ used. how clever.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You were joking right?
Because I thought it was funny.
Especially after yesterday.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
(Yes .... This was a joke.)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

(Yes .... This was a joke.)

I hope so.

1. Suck it up, welcome to reality.

2. If you did and it was successful then the 9/11 truth movement would die right there and anyone known to believe in it would be criticized more than now.

Life is hard knowing the horrendous truths of our times. I damn near have to act everyday to get by. To act interested in the "normal" things. But, I would sacrifice a lot to know truth. Truth is essential to our survival. Cheers!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Did you put that disclaimer on an hour and half late like AJ...and did your server go down preventing you to put it up at the start

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join