It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Opportunity Missed...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm sure by now we're all aware of the Charlie Sheen & President Obama story and the controversy it has caused, which I can to a degree, understand, but regardless of how you feel, this was great opportunity to get a lot of information about 9/11 to the masses, and for that alone you have to commend Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen for trying, but the way in which it was carried out obviously had the opposite effect of it's intended result.

There are people who will not, under any circumstance read or research anything related to 9/11 being an inside job, or will for one minute consider the thought of it being allowed to happen, and they don't because most of what you hear in the mainstream about "conspiracy theorists" or anyone questioning official version of accounts is tainted with images of tinfoil hat wearing weirdos.

Any opportunity (within reason) to awake people should be grasped with both hands, but this has fallen by the way side before it's even got going, and it's a real shame. Yes the "interview" was fake, we can't argue with that, but what about the information within the interview, is that fake?

CS – On pages two and three, sir, are the statements, as well, from commission co-chairmen Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton, commissioners Bob Kerrey, Timothy Roemer and John Lehman, as well as the statements of commissioner Max Cleland, an ex-Senator from Georgia , who resigned, stating:

“It is a national scandal. This investigation is now compromised. One of these days we will have to get the full story because the 9/11 issue is so important to America. But this White House wants to cover it up.”

He also described President Bush’s desire to delay the process as not to damage the ‘04 re-election bid. They suspected deception to the point where they considered referring the matter to the Justice Department for criminal investigation. Mr. President, this information alone is unequivocally grounds for a new investigation!

If your answer is no, then why object to the method used of trying to get people to view it, especially when the same tactics have been used to keep us ignorant? Time to fight fire with fire no, this is an "Infowar" after all is it not? I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, and upon reading the disclaimer was a little annoyed that it hadn't actually happened, but I also thought what a great idea it was to get people to view information about 9/11 that they normally wouldn't.

The issue isn't that people are pointing out that the interview is indeed fake, but what's been lost amongst the numerous threads on this subject, is that it contained FACTS, but the level of anger now being shown towards Alex Jones and the actual fake interview, indirectly also makes those facts fake, so the damage hasn't been done by Alex Jones for his stunt, it's done by those rushing to point out the article is fake, which in turn means people won't even bother to read it, and that is an opportunity missed.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Opportunity Missed - fair to midland and par for the course, wouldn't you say?

From what I see, all we ever do is miss opportunity, which is why I like the last quote in my signature so much.

How many times has opportunity passed us by? The number becomes quite obvious when we think of things like Ed and Elaine Brown and the opportunity they provided (at extremely high cost to them) to free ourselves from the Federal Un-apportioned income tax. One might say, "Well, where is the opportunity in that?" And I say, "Rise up, in the cafeteria and STAB them with your plastic forks!" Do we think there would be an American version of Tienanmen Square if we rose up in numbers to free them from prison, and ourselves from income tax? Or do we simply not care, because is hasn't happened to us?

Opportunity is what we miss, when we aren't diligent in keeping our Liberty government-free.

Voter fraud, negligent media, false imprisonment, loss of privacy and habeas corpus (due process), torture and ignoring the Geneva Convention, rampant nation destroying inflation and currency devaluation - ALL of these negatives inherently provide opportunity to do something about them. In fact, I would say that opportunity is provided by every problem we become aware of.

Like truth, opportunity is something you have to be ready for, to recognize.

EDIT: Star and Flag for getting past the messenger's "issues" and still seeing the message. We can only hope people are as smart as we think they still are.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by lagnar]

new topics

join