It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you saved?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well are you? And how do you know?

When I was 13 or 14, I don't care to specifically remember, I was going to a baptist church and it was time for bible camp or whatever they call it now. There we sat in a circle and I felt emotional and I felt like crying and that I needed to do something and I thought that something was to finally ask the lord to save me so I got up, most of the people there had been waiting on this for a long time, and a preacher and I kneeled and prayed. But that was it.. nothing happened. I did what I thought I was suppose to and nothing happened.

Now that was 9 years ago. I just want to ask everyone who read this title and answered yes in their mind. How do you know? What exactly did you experience at the moment you considered yourself saved. Because I'm calling you out and say you faked it. You got up there thinking it was your time and you were puzzled when nothing profound or even remotely significant happened and then you played it off like you were saved. I didn't I was like wtf? I asked and nothing happened.. I laugh at it now because I realize that God isn't seperate from me like religion implies and God doesn't need to use fear. Infact God is everything inside and out on all planes and dimensions.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
dying every day again a part of your old, for truth (=god, one, care)
that is salvation.

in more modern words: evolution. how ? repenting (to see) and forgive (understand)

what dies is the lies
what becomes alive is the truth (= god)

so you grow a son of god inside, you confirm the son (truth = father and son are one)
and because you grow truth, truth comes out by your honesty,
and you confirm the son (truth) with your mouth,
and the deeds of love with your being.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Looks like you stumbled into the wrong "church".

Not to worry... you figured that part out.

No... "god" is not in you from birth. You have monsters within your "Temple" without... yes.... here it comes...

"The Blood of the Lamb" over your "Temple"...

How did I know I was "saved"........

I felt EMPOWERED....

So to... perhaps... can you.

Have a nice day.... ;-)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
1 cor 9:[24] Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
[25] And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
[26] I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

ill be saved when i finish my race

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
erm... I was always puzzled and a little amuse by the almost cult like rituals of the more... southern.... denominations of modern Christianity. Mostly baptism, anointment and this whole "saved" thing. What are you supposed to be getting saved from? I have never participated in one of these ceremonies personally, but when i was younger my parents sent me to a baptist church in North Carolina. where i witnessed for the first time people speaking in "tongues" i must admit that is was quite uncomfortable and found it hard not to laugh.
I feel more empowered knowing i am who i am because i am me... not because i am what some pastor said i am.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

You seem unsure of the exact age this occurred, but right on the money how far back??? odd.

That being said, I have no religion per say. I would almost be considered evil in some Peoples books, but I say almost because I am good to good People. I am not good to bad. Other than that, and a myriad of life lessons I don't have any religion. I learned long ago most are designed through Slavery, Inc. All Abrahamic religions are derived out of control of slaves. The divisions between the different types; Jews, Muslims, Christians, and the subtypes are only in order to divide out the herds of sheeple to the the different power broker's as they grew, and split off.

Solo my two pesos

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Praise the Lord!!

It's good to know that there are believers out there.
IMO, God transcends the concept of religion.

If anything, God is reality.
But to be politically correct, God is absolutely real from my perspective.

This is an open public forum afterall

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Baptism is not a magic ritual to bestow upon the participant feelings of ecstasy. It is the sign that God can connect to you through the Spirit, on account that you are made acceptable for communion with God by being joined to Christ, who is acceptable himself by his holy life. Jesus' death on the cross earned him the right to be your intercessor before the Father. Jesus uses his own blood to blot out the writing of your sins in the record books in heaven. Being cleared in a way that is accessible through faith, you are given abilities to do things in your life that avoids doing more sins. What you should feel after being saved is a determination to complete your salvation by being sinless. Rapturous feelings should be reserved for when you are actually raptured. Until then, it is just hard work.
Let's say you you struggle by pounding the pavement and filling out applications and you finally have a successful interview and get a job. This is success, but just success at being put to labor. The real success is when you do the labor and finally have a product of value, over time. In the spiritual world, the product desired is a perfected person, suitable for life among other perfect beings, and living in a new world without sin.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
jesus was glorified before the the cross.
from that moment he spoke for the father,
just like others will do now. The father includes all, including jesus,
so jesus comes back through others.
His cross was choice.

Christians do not read their own scriptures yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Baptism is not a magic ritual to bestow upon the participant feelings of ecstasy. It is the sign that God can connect to you through the Spirit, on account that you are made acceptable for communion with God by being joined to Christ, who is acceptable himself by his holy life. Jesus' death on the cross earned him the right to be your intercessor before the Father. Jesus uses his own blood to blot out the writing of your sins in the record books in heaven. Being cleared in a way that is accessible through faith, you are given abilities to do things in your life that avoids doing more sins. What you should feel after being saved is a determination to complete your salvation by being sinless. Rapturous feelings should be reserved for when you are actually raptured.

I thought jesus died on the cross to forgive ALL our sins, past present and future. This would eliminate the need for baptism and even a hell.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
every time your honesty sees a lie,
you are baptised with water.

it's a symbol.

jesus died on the literal cross as example,
and as a confirmation, not to take away our cross,

the baptism of fire, is when you become a son
until you become glorified = seal of the prophet

in other words you (woman) do the water = repent = to see instead of ignorance
god does the fire (man) = becoming truth = understanding = forgiving
(when something becomes truth in you, it is god that takes over and handles your cross, carries your cross, that's why jesus as glorified took our cross, he was one with the father, where you belong too)

every day i die again, that is the cross.

all symbols for becoming one with life, which is free and one,
in logic.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pasttheclouds

Then why the need for the physical "dunking" practice? Cant people use there imaginations??

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
you mean why the literal cross ???

before you could think abstract,
you had to learn to associate.
we talk about thousands of years,
not about 20 years.

history grew our abstract thinking or at least so it looks

and for other reasons.
logic growth allows a final logic, that's a reason.
without misunderstandings, we would not have build right logic.
Logic in our world is based on those lies you saw, seeing what is wrong, what is left includes the truth,
that is repenting.

I don't say what jesus did is nothing,
it is more then everything.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggamemnon

I thought jesus died on the cross to forgive ALL our sins, past present and future. This would eliminate the need for baptism and even a hell.

This is the conquering power that has conquered the world: our faith. Now who is the person who has conquered the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? Jesus Christ is the one who came by water and blood – not by the water only, but by the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three that testify, the Spirit and the water and the blood, and these three are in agreement.
The water of baptism is testimony of the repentance of the one seeking forgiveness, the blood is the testimony of the sin being payed for, and the spirit gives the penitent sinner faith that the blood of Jesus has cleansed the sin from his account of debt to the Law.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
spirit is the truth when it speaks,
water is faith > makes you repent which makes you take cross >
blood is works.

they are one. they are one testimony.
they all come forth from truth > honesty.

those that confess and act their oneness (care, forgiveness, ... ) confirm the son, themselves,
by joining truth (by honesty) which is god (= jesus, for christians
who still do not get this, glorified means being one, human sonship stops
and the son = father, jacobs stone)

this message will be for dogmatic religions what they will think the antichrist message,
which they will try to attack. Because a lot of them care actually, and do not
understand.

The father does not judge.
The son does not judge.
Who did we think that judges us ?
ourself, the accuser, the devil, the lie, the created.

God is love.

Sometimes a lost sheep becomes first devil before he becomes saint,
Israel played both curse as blessing. That is the pattern.
The real devil is ignorance.
Many religious persons and atheists and truth-searchers are actually 'working' right now, by their care, even when it is not perfect yet.
To forgive you need to judge first, ignorance keeps false peace and avoids pain.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
No, why do I say that, because the final division of the sheep and the goats that the bible talks about is ahead of us, that's when Jesus does the final judging for EVERYBODY including Christians.
Ironically this is one time you really do want to be classified as a sheep but from Jesus perspective.

The Sheep and the Goats and The Final Judgment

Matthew 25: 31-46

31 “When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne.

32 And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

34 “Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, YOU who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for YOU from the founding of the world.

35 For I became hungry and YOU gave me something to eat; I got thirsty and YOU gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and YOU received me hospitably;

36 naked, and YOU clothed me. I fell sick and YOU looked after me. I was in prison and YOU came to me.’

37 Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty, and give you something to drink?

38 When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked, and clothe you?

39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to you?’

40 And in reply the king will say to them, ‘Truly I say to YOU, To the extent that YOU did it to one of the least of these my brothers, YOU did it to me.’

41 “Then he will say, in turn, to those on his left, ‘Be on YOUR way from me, YOU who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels.

42 For I became hungry, but YOU gave me nothing to eat, and I got thirsty, but YOU gave me nothing to drink.

43 I was a stranger, but YOU did not receive me hospitably; naked, but YOU did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but YOU did not look after me.’

44 Then they also will answer with the words, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?’

45 Then he will answer them with the words, ‘Truly I say to YOU, To the extent that YOU did not do it to one of these least ones, YOU did not do it to me.’

46 And these will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

Right now people can move back and forth between being goat-like or sheep-like, what is going to matter is what is our status when Jesus actually does the Final Judgment.

Notice how some Christians won't make it, they call Jesus Lord and try and defend themselves for their previous actions, Jesus rejects their defense and they get a bad judgment.

So based on this scripture nobody can say they are "Saved" right now.
That is a dogmatic falsehood, that Satan would like all Christians to believe, so they have a false sense of security, "once saved always saved" plays right into his hand as now you can do stuff the bible condemns and think you're still saved when you aren't.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yes!! Thats the only thing that gets me thru all this daily bs, " No matter how bad it gets, in the end we will be A-OK !

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You always have the option of going with the occult method of dying extremely quick and suddenly so that you retain consciousness while in transition and choose to opt out of either the Heaven or the Hell thing and remain an independent spirit

So i've been told...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

right, but there is a big 'but'

jesus did everything to take away our judgements based on absolutes.

before there is a team there is a 'you'
actually they both grow on the same time,
growth is clockwise
some people grow only wrong in their lifetimes,
and still made growth

some people really do wrong and learn from it.
some people share in insanity while growing and release it.
that's the curse symbol.
Offers were made by priests, that's a symbol too.
(something never really understood, that God's people,
are those that make the offers on the altar, and the offers
are the believers, you have offers by fire, and fire is the spirit,
but you have other offers too, truth is so hard it slaps you in the face,
God does sometimes hurt you, but it is yourself trying to be
righteouss)

Christians, Muslims, and other people, who judge because they care, are still caring,
are growing > repenting = releasing judgement
(there is no release before judgement WAS made !! )
Christians, Muslims and other people who judge because of keeping their false peace,
are not growing > not repenting.
(keeping a judgement, and ignoring growing them = replacing them, growth is evolving, opposite is ignorance, and every wrong made from ignorance is not innocent)

Doing it to your borthers, includes doing it to yourself, because God is One.
IF your heart talks love, and you ignore it to be bigger then your heart,
you avoid pain of judging and releasing judgement.
Care makes mistakes first.

A child always makes mistakes. Sometimes fatally.

Truth is painfull first, really.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Nobody will opt out from heaven if he could enter it,
because heaven is a symbol of being free to be together one with God.

If God exsists and this world exsists,
then this world has a function, an all pain too,
and God carries a cross.
To become One with God carry his cross, our cross,
and he will by His choice choose for himself
to be part of himself.

He is free, but what is One does not leave his Oneness,
by choice. because One likes to be One because it means
being free. That's why we live this paradox.

Being One means every untruth has to be a part of you,
not as lie, but as truth. In our world lies were believed as
a growing plant, a structure.
that is over now. That's why it's time.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join