It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird x-files intro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Ok something really weird happened to me when I was a little kid and I just remembered it. It has to do with the show, the x-files and I am wondering if I am crazy or if this did happen. This is to anybody who was alive in the 1990's they could have seen this.

Anyway one afternoon close to halloween time which is why I think this happened, i was watching Cartoon Network. All was going normal I was watching some kind of scooby doo show and then all of the sudden the channel did something REALLY weird. When scooby was done it was time for the next scheduled thing which was a scooby doo movie or something like that but instead the channel seemed to change into the cartoon network pattern and then did really weird things like turning all black. After about one minute of that it changed into the x-files.

Now this would be all good and fine (besides the fact that x-files is NOT on cartoon network!!!!!!!!!) if the x-files theme intro wasn't EXTEMELY WEIRD. The intro was full of egyptian stuff. It played the same intro song but instead there was a woman walking around these roman or egyptian pillars with a white semi-see through dress. Then it showed the sun above a giant pyramid. That's all I remember. It freaked me out though. It reminds me a lot of like illuminati imagery or something. Anybody know what this was?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Yep, I do. You weren't on the cartoon network. It didn't exist then. However CBS used to play Scoobie doo stuff quite a bit. They intro you watched was not the X-files. The intro was for the Outer Limits which came on Fox right after the X-files. It was Space: Above and Beyond, X-files, Outer Limits and then Tales from the Crypt. Those shows were all on Fox. So as far as switching from cartoons to Outer Limits, you could have had some odd bleed over on the TV, your network could have switched carriers, or more likely, you fell asleep watching cartoons and someone changed the channel on ya.

God I miss those shows, I watched them every time they were on.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I am a long time huge fan of the X-Files, if my name isn't a give-away. I currently own every season and both movies, all of which I've watched through at least 3 times. There was never an intro to an episode w/ egyptian themed stuff.

Don't know what it was you saw man - lol. Maybe like the previous poster suggested, it was another show or something like that just ripping the theme music off for their show.

Good luck in your search for the truth. It is out there.....

[edit on 9-9-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
cartoon network did exist then i'm sure of it. You're right though I was probably on a different channel.

Yes I am a huge fan of the x-files. So much stuff connects to reality.

I hated the NEW movie though I thought it was not an x-file at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by humandefense02

I agree with you! I am a huge fan and actually watching the X-files right now--- the Movie was a complete and utter failure.

In my opinion- somebody got to Chris Carter!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
reply to post by humandefense02

In my opinion- somebody got to Chris Carter!

lol yes that's what I said to my friend after the movie was done. I thought there was no way that this was Chris Carters idea.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by humandefense02]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
Yep, I do. You weren't on the cartoon network. It didn't exist then. However CBS used to play Scoobie doo stuff quite a bit. They intro you watched was not the X-files. The intro was for the Outer Limits which came on Fox right after the X-files. It was Space: Above and Beyond, X-files, Outer Limits and then Tales from the Crypt. Those shows were all on Fox. So as far as switching from cartoons to Outer Limits, you could have had some odd bleed over on the TV, your network could have switched carriers, or more likely, you fell asleep watching cartoons and someone changed the channel on ya.

God I miss those shows, I watched them every time they were on.

OH how I use to love all those shows! They are on the chiller network now if you have it. They arent always on but when they put on one its an all day event! Did you watch PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal too? I really liked that one!

OP your line to those that are alive made me laugh. The 90s werent that long ago and most of us are still alive as you see : ) Sorry that line just made me chuckle....As far as what you saw it wasnt the X-files.

Also I do believe the Cartoon Network started in the early to mid 90s. I too remember it being on esp since my mom ran a daycare at our house : )

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I personally loved most of it. the plot sucked, but it it was a shippers dream and thats all that mattered. Can't wait for x-files 3. Shame we have to wait 'ill 2012 for it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just an FYI - here is history on the CN

Carrtoon Network is an American cable television network created by Turner Broadcasting which primarily shows animated programming. The channel began broadcasting on October 1, 1992. Cartoon Network can also refer to the studio which produces original shows for the network.

en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

Thought that may help in your quest for the truth - cause its out there.

Dorian Soran

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

OP your line to those that are alive made me laugh. The 90s werent that long ago and most of us are still alive as you see : ) Sorry that line just made me chuckle....As far as what you saw it wasnt the X-files.

Yeah I know. I am pretty young I guess. I was born in 91 so I feel like the 90's were just a dream. I can tell you though the 90's is the best childhood ever to have and I wouldn't have it any other way.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
LOL, you must have been in a more affluent area for cable channels cause I thought the CN started in late 90's. But fair enough.

Just to confirm I saw an episode of the Outer Limits just the other day on SyFy and It had the same intro as I remembered (with the hot naked chick that was just in the shadows enough that you couldn't see anything good. BTW, you see a whole lot more of her in HD
) At any rate, I'm pretty sure that's what happened to you man.

PS. I did watch PSI factor, and Millennium. All great shows!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
yeaaa cartoon network did exist then..

it was on the original sky before the actuali sky we all know of todaii hahaha..

cud get fox kids nickolodeon.. sky one.. mtv and paramount comedy..

i think than was about it...

can remember all shows back in day;

dexters lab
ed, ed n eddy
dragonball z
scooby doo
tom & jerry
hahaha.. good time ppl.. good times..

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
A lot of posters here are kind of confused, they are listing shows that were not around back then.

He just saw the Outer Limits intro a LONG LONG time ago. www.youtube.com...

Click the link, you just saw that.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by FouL-LiveR]

new topics

top topics

join