It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecies about Islam in the Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
take that pic off and we might talk.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ok I took the pic off - but you will never be able to look at your avatar again without wondering where that finger had just been...

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Actually I would because I'm too mature and grown for little kiddy jokes.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ilmatic I am sad for you, it must be terrible being intellectualy challanged, but if you had a sence of humor then you could cope easier with it.

Not having humour must make life very depressing for you. Cheer up think of all those virgins you will have in heaven when you get there

BTW where do all those virgins come from? Are the young girls who died on earth and are sent to hell?

What is the woman's dream of heaven .... or don't they go there?

Hey I wouldn't be too upset over the pic afterall I DID take the premature grey out of his hair

[Edited on 17-2-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's challenged, not challanged

and I wouldnt know about the virgins in heaven, I'm not even Muslim you prick.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
My goodness!
Your NOT muslim, that must be traumatic for you, did you fail the following bowing exam?

Q1 How many times a day must I bow?
1 once
2 twice
3 so many I get dizzy
4 until I can smell the feet of the person in front

Q2 What direction must I bow to?
1 The whitehouse
2 The Kremlin
3 Alpha Centuri
4 Mac Donalds

No wonder you are so grumpy!
you are intellectually changed, humourless and will never get your end away!

Take some drugs and experience life while you can!

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am not Muslim, but because I'm not Muslim I'm not going to be like the rest of the regular stubborn American and not know anything about Islam

At least when I speak out against Islam, I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Look, your not funny so you might wanna quit while your ahead, the Malcolm X pic was funny when it was posted what, 2 days ago? quit while your ahead.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
At least when I speak out against Islam, I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Well you had better stick to speaking out against islam, you sure as heck arn't doing them any favors speaking FOR them...

[Edited on 17-2-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
this debate is a trip.

it looks like a bear is arguing against malcom x and winning.

lol

[Edited on 17-2-2003 by krossfyter]

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It's a gorrila no?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
yeah after looking at that pic more it does look like a gorilla.

hah

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I can't say I know much of Islam at all!

I know the dude at the end of my street was a Palestinian, 40 years ago, but moved here to America a long time back, and he's a VERY good man, always helping neighbors and building fences for them and patios, decks things like that.

I know there are good muslims, because people's actions are their own most of their time.

My blame for the increased violence in Islam has always been the Beddouin value system of the Arabic peoples.

Islam in America is very tollerant, as I think Muhamad wanted it to be, but in the end even muhamad became victim to Beddouin tribalism, and Islam marched off to a Jihad that conquered as much land as all of Rome, if not more.

The Beddouin value system is based on one thing alone, Vendettas, you kill my brother, I'm going to kill you and ALL your brothers, and nothing will stop me.

And nothing does, before WW1 Arabs were mainly tribes, fighting and killing eachother as in Dune (I think William said not to use that as an analogy, but it really is a good one)...Fremen, in dune that was a survival of the fittest, and while it seems way more extreme in Dune, it is based off of Lawrence of Arabia and the Fremen are the Arabs, Paul is Lawrence, and he the Empire is Brittain (Which betrayed the Arabs and did not give them their own nation.)

Don't be fooled by the dictatoral nations in the Middle east, in the hearts of many there still lies their Beddouin ancestory, and that I think adversly effects many ways of their thoughts...

That is what I know of Islam, a religion of peace, created because they grew sick of fighting, but the religion is fractured, and they war still.

It will take a concerted effort by the USA to make the people there grow out of their old ways....which to those Anthropologists here might think it a bad thing, but personally I don't want someone who was offended by a Mac Donalds to blow himself up with a Suit Case Nuke in my town. Vedettas are powerful things, and Westerners can't understand them, because they more or less died out with the Greeks, but picture this.

Odysseus killed all of the Suitors.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   
the "many Bibles: one Koran/Quran" notion is a little disingenous.
There are "many" Bibles largely because of the long tradition of translation into the vernacular and the improvements in textual understanding manifested in successive translations. The fact that there are numerous translations no more means that there is necessarily not a definite Bible than the fact that there are many translations means we do not have a definitive "Oliver Twist".
The key is that -while this was not always the case -there has been a tradition for half a millennium of more of treating the Bible as a text that is open to scholarship. The Koran is treated as an inviolable utterance from God- even when there are places where it is effectively incomprehensible.
Essentially the Koran is not translated. In that sense we have had the "same" Septaguint or Vulgate for longer than the Koran has been around.
Also, the Bible is a collection of books in at least two original languages: whereas the Koran is essentially one dialect of Classical Arabic.
The Bible spread as an "underground" religion -hence the multiplicity of texts. The Koran was spread as the official text of military conquerors.
There were, in fact, many variants of the Koran -this is well attested- and the emergence of a single text was a deliberate act of policy.
There are numerous other reasons: all, as far as I can see, pretty much matters of common sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join