It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Sarcasm Society

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Thanks Wyn, perhaps you would like to join my fan club..... The "Typecast Homeless, Derelict, Junkie Senior Citizen for Peace and Justice" Club.

Ever watch "Breaking Bad" or "In Plain Sight" or "Crash"......? You'll see what I mean.

I'm prepared to give a nice prize if you can answer "What do they use for fake urine in the movies and TV?"
edit on 13-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Thanks Wyn, perhaps you would like to join my fan club..... The "Typecast Homeless, Derelict, Junkie Senior Citizen for Peace and Justice" Club.

...i'm a senior citizen?...

I'm prepared to give a nice prize if you can answer "What do they use for fake urine in the movies and TV?"

...pineapple juice?... naw, that cant be right... watered down mustard?...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Its good to see that my American cousins have a good grasp of the fine art of sarcasm.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Its good to see that my American cousins have a good grasp of the fine art of sarcasm.

...funny you'd say that cuz you look just like one of my cousins, especially that little scar in your eyebrow... do you happen to remember the almeda china berry wars of 1965?... if you do, i still maintain it wasnt my fault that you walked into my berry launcher...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

That scar was a bullet in war aimed for my head but missed.

My glasses would deflect such projectiles these days as I organise a church feté and judge the victoria spongecake stand.

However a sarcastc response is not always permissable if one is injured serving ones country at the behest of another country, namely America, of which I hold in high esteem and have a vicotria sponge already for the residences of lubbock to sample.

My fear is if they choke on my offering.

But that is in the lap of the gods.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Not being sarcastic

Do not try to beat a brit at sarcasm coz we invented it.

Our humour is based on taking the piss

Ozzies learnt that long ago.

But we do not take the piss or shirk work if tshtf...

Never!

That is not a piss take but true btw .

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

That scar was a bullet in war aimed for my head but missed.

...thank goodness... i'd hate for ya to be cousin mikey... he's kinda warped...

I organise a church feté and judge the victoria spongecake stand.

...spongecake makes me think of whipped cream and fresh strawberries on bare skin...

However a sarcastc response is not always permissable if one is injured serving ones country

...no comprende permissable...

have a vicotria sponge already for the residences of lubbock to sample.
My fear is if they choke on my offering.

...oh, well, shoot - that'd probably be more fun than they've had in decades...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Our humour is based on taking the piss

Ah...well yes, how ever could we have doubted the Brits as the founders of sarcasm?

Recently, British TV has even served as inspiration for some of our shows in the states, we simply add some writing, acting, and production quality, and viola! Something watchable!

Brilliant!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
My heart just soars like a bird everytime I see this thread resurface. It certainly was a different time back in o9.

But apparently we have learned many lessons since then; what with the spirit of cooperation and goodwill as the current OS in the world and especially the good ole U. S. of A!!!

I hope everyone will join me in a rousing chorus and verse of "It's a great day to be alive"

Here's wishing all the staff and members of ATS a happy and prosperous new year even though its not quite mid October. I'm sure we are all looking forward to the glorious holiday season just around the corner. I know our little group here at ASS certainly is.

edit on 7-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

In other words you take out the long words dumb it down, add an attractive cast and some canned laughter.

edit on 7-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Gazrok

In other words you take out the long words dumb it down, add an attractive cast and some canned laughter.

edit on 7-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

Now that was a perceptive observation.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

My heart just soars like a bird everytime I see this thread resurface. It certainly was a different time back in o9.

But apparently we have learned many lessons since then; what with the spirit of cooperation and goodwill as the current OS in the world and especially the good ole U. S. of A!!!

I hope everyone will join me in a rousing chorus and verse of "It's a great day to be alive"

Here's wishing all the staff and members of ATS a happy and prosperous new year even though its not quite mid October. I'm sure we are all looking forward to the glorious holiday season just around the corner. I know our little group here at ASS certainly is.

edit on 7-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)
[/quote

me too i love this thread . its the best thread on ats by far and ats should revole around this thread .. all of the time or else ...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Well, that, and we add this marvelous innovation known as music, and try and speak the lines in an accent that is identifiable as words versus blustering, yes... Spot on!

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join