It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese scientists 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighinfinite
Ok I took some time to look further...here's what I've found:

Original news article
news.bjnews.com.cn...

google machine-translated
translate.google.com...

Summary: the news story actually talked about two things

1, "Unknown object"
The laboratory observed an unidentifiable object near the Sun, it's physical properties need to be further studied. It then quotes an American scientist who said how US SOHO telescope often observed unidentified flying objects near the Sun, and how the scientist thinks it's an indication there's other civilizations.

2, "Observation of the corona"
THEN, in the very same article, it mentions the successful continuous observation of the corona for 40 minutes during the day of eclipse (07-22), a first time for China. It would take 12 months to process the scientific data gathered during the observation.

Good grief! The misunderstanding could be caused by bad translations or attempt at sensationalism, or both.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by nighinfinite]

let me quote the real info so people can understand that everything was just a poor interpreter that learned mandarin using Rosetta Stone

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Here's more about the not-UFO.

The British newspaper quoted Ji as having said: 'During the July 22 total solar eclipse observation, China had discovered near the sun an unidentified object, it's physical nature remains to be further studied.'

But Ji has scotched that report by saying that he does not know why his explanation about a bright spot close to the sun, very likely to be the result of some coronal activity filmed during the total eclipse, was misunderstood.

'Obviously, there have been misunderstandings,' he said.

source

new topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join