It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese scientists 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Cling as hard as you can to this crap.... I'll believe it when I see it... or in this case.. not, fed up with tud UFO footage, I want a bunch of prawns and a ship above Johannesburg for 28 years before I take any more UFO garbage seriously. Reminds me of the NASA hype... Ohhh the biggest announcement ever, it'll change the world, ohh tell us NASA what is it... "we've found an exoplanet" O....K...... I didn't need to know that, just like I don't need to know the results of this Chinese Junk, and it maybe xenophobic, but yes the people on the video are a bunch of rednecks.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sowhtt
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

+1 Spacemanjupiter, I fully agree with you.

It seems strange that Scientists at the Purple Mountain Observatory would not simply release the video without making an official comment. If they decided that an official response was merited, they could do so at a later date.

It make sense. It is like saying it doesnt make sense american scientists dont reveal everything they have about Roswell or Area 51. The fact they are NOT releasing it or making any other statement is making it more interesting actually.
Because 40 mn of a close up video of an UFO could really bring a lot of data and if it is beyond doubt that it is alien, then they may want to secretly discuss this issue with world leaders before giving it to you.
I havent seen the scientist's footage, so like everybody else I dont know what it could be, but I don't jump into conclusions only looking for more answers. All this is just calculated hypothetis.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle but I don't jump into conclusions only looking for more answers. All this is just calculated hypothetis.

But you DO jump to conclusions. The 40 minutes as was shown in the translation from the Observatory site is 40 minutes of Solar Corona imaging on the day of the eclipse

NOT the UFO...

The UFO was a SOHO type event near the Sun not in earth atmosphere... says so on the site that was translated

Phage even posted the link again a few posts back and this from the other thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

The point of this tirade is what exactly?
Yet despite that you came to look didn't you?

Uh huh...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by TheOracle but I don't jump into conclusions only looking for more answers. All this is just calculated hypothetis.

But you DO jump to conclusions. The 40 minutes as was shown in the translation from the Observatory site is 40 minutes of Solar Corona imaging on the day of the eclipse

NOT the UFO...

The UFO was a SOHO type event near the Sun not in earth atmosphere... says so on the site that was translated

Phage even posted the link again a few posts back and this from the other thread

Does it really matter if it isnt 40mn , if it's 20 or 5mn? You seem to cling to little details to try and derail this thread.
The fact is (if this story is true) it is amazing if scientists caught something worth studying for one year, I believe its more than a blurry dot to analyze for such long period.

And because another news source didnt mention the facts stated above, does it make it untrue? It is like saying the original story is untrue because it isnt on Sky News

Find me a credible source saying that no UFO was captured on tape by those scientists and no research is being done and I will take you seriously, until then I will give the benefir of the doubt to the journalists and witnesses.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Now the main Danish news agency also joined in on the fun...

They support the notion of us not having seen the real footage yet. So the clips aired must either be bystander footage or stock footage from another China incident.

Crossing my fingers on this one.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nighinfinite

From THIS post by nighinfinite... please READ

Here it is from Bejing..

Purple Mountain Observatory, Chinese Academy of Sciences said yesterday, in the July 22 total solar eclipse observations of the century, China was discovered near the sun observing staff in an unidentified object, its physical nature remains to be further studied....

Near the SUN not on EARTH

..."to obtain a row within 40 minutes of continuous observation of the corona, as well as valuable data ."

40 minutes of observation of the Solar Corona... not the UFO...

...Kou Beijing Observatory experts argued that "unknown object" the greatest possibility is a star.

Google Translation

Original Chinese site

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Find me a credible source saying that no UFO was captured on tape by those scientists and no research is being done and I will take you seriously, until then I will give the benefir of the doubt to the journalists and witnesses.

Oh good grief do you even READ the thread? Nighinfinite and Phage have already linked to the real story from Bejing... I just did so again with translation... how much more will it take to deny ignorance around here?

:shk:

Have it your way... throw all serious investigation out the window... believe what you will...

enjoy your Bliss

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

reply to post by spitefulgod

The point of this tirade is what exactly?
Yet despite that you came to look didn't you?

Uh huh...

Can you tell I'm bored at "work"? I'm just fed up of the "big news" edge of your seat stuff that seems to materialise into nothing... I want results zorgon, in my face results!!!

Oh and if possible I want these results spoon fed to me so I don't have to research anything myself... thank you.

[edit on 8/9/2009 by spitefulgod]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
Can you tell I'm bored at "work"? I'm just fed up of the "big news" edge of your seat stuff that seems to materialise into nothing... I want results zorgon, in my face results!!!

Ah yes the bored thingy

Well the results are in at the Bejing site... its all about astronomy... not on Earth as we were led to believe by Herr Cohen

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
"Near the Sun" doesnt mean it is in space next to the Sun, could be in the sky, the sun used as a reference.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

NOT the UFO...

Is this for real?
A SOHO type event?

Do you know what a claim like this entails if they can prove it was for real?

The very first interstellar artificial object of non earth origin and it has to be huge or at least displayed a huge signature!
For a piece of technology to display such properties in the middle of the interstellar nowhere then its behavior must be attributed to certain functions probably. What kind of functions?!

This claim from these scientists can open up a whole can of worms I tell you!
There is the other option that they kept seeing things they wish to disclose, In that case we may be getting a slow disclose of history of recorded events from these people. If what they saw is frequent next thing would be other parties would start to accept the fact and a race would begin paving the way identification missions that would start launching! Next thing is contact!

Wow!

Only one think I want to know for now...Will any others dare to disclose any strange phenomena they saw all over the solar system with exploration missions, if they saw them. LoL space maybe about to become much much more interesting!

Like it should have been at the first place.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighinfinite
Ok I took some time to look further...here's what I've found:

Original news article
news.bjnews.com.cn...

google machine-translated
translate.google.com...

Summary: the news story actually talked about two things

1, "Unknown object"
The laboratory observed an unidentifiable object near the Sun, it's physical properties need to be further studied. It then quotes an American scientist who said how US SOHO telescope often observed unidentified flying objects near the Sun, and how the scientist thinks it's an indication there's other civilizations.

2, "Observation of the corona"
THEN, in the very same article, it mentions the successful continuous observation of the corona for 40 minutes during the day of eclipse (07-22), a first time for China. It would take 12 months to process the scientific data gathered during the observation.

Good grief! The misunderstanding could be caused by bad translations or attempt at sensationalism, or both.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by nighinfinite]

So we have the "respected" and "trustworthy" news of the west, mixing up the stories or the different elements of the story to create ..confusion? That would lead to discredit the story later on?
I wonder.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Interesting development through the thread. I'm persuaded that there's been a mix-up here but there's one disconnect which bothers me, and it's this. There was a line about the "successful observation" of the corona for 40 minutes. Phage said earlier in the thread that you can use an instrument to blokc out the sun's rays to reveal the corona, but it's kind of redundant. Yet maximum totality was 6 minutes, apparently.

So this "successful" 40 minutes doesn't make sense to me. If it was done without a Coronascope it was a miracle: if it was done with one it itwas routine.

As for the Torygraph being a "paper of record", well, that doesn't preclude it printing inaccurate and poortly-researched stuff from time to time. All it means is that some sub found the item on AllNewsWeb and stuck it in with some copy. Filling space.

And someone earlier said AllNewsWeb was "banned from ATS"? How does that work, exactly? Not very well by the looks of this thread - plenty of links there.

Nice posts as always, Zorgon.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
And someone earlier said AllNewsWeb was "banned from ATS"? How does that work, exactly? Not very well by the looks of this thread - plenty of links there.

AllNewsWeb.com got busted for link farming and spamming on ATS just to get hits to their website, and increased Google Ad's revenue.

SO the admin of ATS banned their links from being posted on ATS. Every time someone would type "www.--.com", the link would be replaced with "www.#.com" or something similar.

I don't know what happened, but recently, all the links were restored, or the ban removed.

--

And another point that I need to repeat... Supposedly, more than a month ago, 9 separate kids filmed/photographed the supposed UFO, and ZERO footage has been shown since then. I think that is suspicious.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Astronomers across China viewed the corona for a total of about 40 minutes. Here's how Google translates it, but you get the point. There is no 40 minutes of footage from the observatory.

but because scientists have set up observation points are more parts of the data together, our country, or to obtain a row within 40 minutes of continuous observation of the corona, as well as valuable data .

translate.google.com...

An astronomer at the observatory where the observation of the object was made believes it to be a minor solar event.

JI Hai-sheng said there was still impossible to speculate that the unidentified object is something they are doing textual research. He believes that the sun itself is likely to be a small event.

Others believe it was a star.

Kou Beijing Observatory experts argued that "unknown object" the greatest possibility is a star.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Beware it's the reptilian landed on earth

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The energy from this really hit me in my heart, burning instantly. This is a good chance to practice insight, and check for energetic impressions. This is real. I think disclosure is being brought into focus, and the pressure is being put on the US to disclose. I also believe that there are cosmic citizens attempting to negotiate an end to the wars and social inequity on this planet, and the US/UK are the major ones staying this so far. This will also mean moving people into safer locations and healing the earth.

Another way to practice energy recognition is to do mediation before or during watching the videos.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There is a bit of naughty debunking here!

It is interesting that when a good story comes along a few rather close-minded agenda-driven debunkers say boo and we all run for cover.

First fib: Allnews did not make the connect between the purple mountain observation and the students observation-the source article that interviewed the astronomer did, the debunkers won't tell you that.

Second fib: The correct translation of the article is along these lines: '40 minutes of footage in which a UFO was spotted'.
No where is the notion that the UFO was there for the whole 40 minutes excluded.
Also the thrust of the article and the interview was the UFO, and this is the thing they are studying to identify.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregbishop1

I did not mention --.

Admittedly, all I have to go by is the Google translation.
Please provide a source for the "correct" translation. In the meantime I will ask the wife of a friend if she will translate the article.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Phage]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join