It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gen Lo the not so genuine loner.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Thought I would like to join a social network in search of like-minded individuals. You might be thinking whats with the name GenLo, or you might not, regardless I would like to explain.

I call myself GenLo, which is short for Genuine Loner (you can find out more about it on my profile), I consider myself a loner because I never really fit in anywhere ever, but I might not be so genuine because being a loner, is well, lonely. So even though I have never found someplace to fit in, which is both good and bad, I continue my search which since 2005 has been more influenced towards reaching out to people who have escaped the matrix in which our society lives in. Unfortunately I made the mistake of joining the military making this ever more difficult, BUT I AM SOON TO BE RELEASED! YAY! I also have views which are apparently conflicting to those who have somewhat graduated from the herd mindset.

What are the conflicting views? (I hope your wondering if you are still reading) Well they aren't necessarily conflicting, but one is that I am a very firm Atheist/Buddhist whom knows about a great deal conspiracies and spirituality and holds them to be true. Christians have spearheaded a majority of these conspiracies which leaves me sitting in an even smaller minority than I started in.=(

I also know global warming to be very real, which most beings who share conspiracy truths/beliefs do not, but I am open to debate but will go ahead and quickly point out that we have a human planet population nearing 7 billion when 100 years ago it was barely 1.5 billion. If you think we're not having an impact and sincerely hope you're at least not a red neck land abuser.

Anyway, said things generally have kept me from being able to bond with any of my fellow humans for quite some time, in fact I hadn't had a best friend since probably '96 or '97 which helped me in creating the identity of GenLo. In fact this is practically an S.O.S. to anyone who cares, if no one that is fine, I will continue on as I have.

However if anyone does care enough to get to know me I would be most please. No, I don't talk like this in person, in fact my social mannerisms and speech are left lacking compared to how I type... or write though my grammar is often terrible.

Its good to be here an I have already seen several of this sites videos and enjoyed them, wish there were more!

GenLo

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Oh I am also very interested in learning how to make such cool avatars and signatures! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

Welcome GenLo

First off, i would describe myself as somewhat of a loner, although i have many friends and a close family. I just love my own company, not in a 'look at me and my big ego' kind of way. Im just the type of person who you could put in a bare room with 4 white walls and i would still have myself a great time.

Im a 'self-prescribed' loner if you will

Anyways, were all friends here, so welcome again.
If you want to know anymore about me just check out my profile and see the threads i have started, should give you an idea.

See you around

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Welcome Aboard!!!

Here are some good links to help you in your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Just a U2U away

Semper

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
GenLo, we all felt like you, that's what brought us all here. You are never truly alone in the universe.
WELCOME.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I must admit, I am always hesitant to befriend or extend a hand to anyone who adopts the "lone wolf" status.

Nonetheless, welcome to my favorite website on the entire internet.

I hope to read more from you "knowing global warming" is a fact, or perhaps debate it.

Oh, and thank you for serving my country.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am already aggressively pursuing a few topics and enjoying myself a little bit here. I'll be sure to check out a few of those links and maybe some of your topics if I find them.

Its one thing to know you aren't alone but another to feel that way, good to see a goth. Just isn't enough of you guys around these days it seems.

Debate global warming, sure, I know its quite controversial to most.

Thanks again and hope to see you all elsewhere in the forum.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Howdy, and welcome.

Twenty posts take next to no time at all...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Ya, I think I about have them knocked out so I can post my thread, "Dreamscape".

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with being a loner, I tend to be one myself. I havent had a best friend for a long time either, since my best friend, someone i considered a brother, died in 93.
Generally speaking, most people suck as well as being ignorant, this is proven everyday in the news and each time i go to work or to the store

Anyway, welcome to ATS, its not as fun here as it used to be but its still a decent site.

peace

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Wow that is quite a long time. Do you feel comfortable with that or are you like me and need/take therapy?
I cannot stand seeing T.V. or going out sometimes, it just feels like that movie They Live.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yea, I am perfectly content with my life just as it is. The friends that I had made in the past were basically drinking buddies or w/e and when I quit drinking 5 years ago, I naturally quit hanging out with those people.
I dont worry about such trivial things, I have my brother, my mom, my son and my daughter, they offer the type of friendship that cant be found anywhere else.

You dont need therapy dude, accept you for who you are and dont sweat the BS.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I don't know how to respond without sounding cliche, "easier said than done." but situations always differ and I'd rather not sound like I am coming up with excuses so I will just leave it at that.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hey, I understand and I apologize if it sounded like I sounded condescending or like I was making light of your problems.
I dont even like to talk about it still but I havent been myself these past few weeks because my Father died last month and we were very close. On top of that, one of my cousins was killed in a car wreck, about 2 weeks later.
Youd think i would be more tolerant of peoples feelings due to my own depression and sadness but just the opposite is true, which is strange, to me anyway.

What I had meant say was that a long time ago I decided that as long as I was a decent, honest person, I would accept who I was and how I lived, without regret.
I was just trying to pass that on to you. Was never to good at giving advice though

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Don't fret. Those are quite some recent losses to have to deal with. Don't know how I would react if I lost my closest cousin or my hypocritcal father. I have grown cold to other peoples feelings it feels like sometimes after being unwillingly placed into other peoples lives when they confess to me they no longer wish to be living on this planet, no my only reasoning is, "If you can't be happy why stay trapped here in this life?" It goes much deeper than what is literally implied but it doesn't sound all that empathetic.

I understand what you meant though. Nothing wrong with being yourself, its just something that is difficult depending on your environment and the intelligence of those around you.

new topics

top topics

join