It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticing street lights turning off

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by VirginiaGreen
Shifting to the paranormal I remember hearing about people who have had NDE's having trouble wearing watches, as they always seem to freeze or break.

Well, I guess you just solved my mystery. My watches kept freezing and stopping within a short time of purchase. I took one back to have the battery replaced. It soon stopped again. I chalked it up to cheap watch, cheap battery.

I bought another watch which was more expensive. Same thing happened.

Friend gave me his watch to wear which was even more expensive. It went dead within a couple of weeks, too.

I have no idea why this has happened to me. Your statement is the first time I have ever heard of this phenomenem.

Several years ago I was overdosed by hospital personnel in ER. I died. I vividly remember my experience. I was briefly revived and then lapsed into coma for 2 1/2 days. When this happened to me I had never heard of NDE, didn't know what it was nor anything about it. The memories of my experience greatly disturbed me for a long time.

I do not wear a watch anymore. I keep a watch in my vehicle and a clock on the wall.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Shifting to the paranormal I remember hearing about people who have had NDE's having trouble wearing watches, as they always seem to freeze or break.

Well, I guess you just solved my mystery. My watches kept freezing and stopping within a short time of purchase. I took one back to have the battery replaced. It soon stopped again. I chalked it up to cheap watch, cheap battery.

I bought another watch which was more expensive. Same thing happened.

Friend gave me his watch to wear which was even more expensive. It went dead within a couple of weeks, too.

I have no idea why this has happened to me. Your statement is the first time I have ever heard of this phenomenem.

Several years ago I was overdosed by hospital personnel in ER. I died. I vividly remember my experience. I was briefly revived and then lapsed into coma for 2 1/2 days. When this happened to me I had never heard of NDE, didn't know what it was nor anything about it. The memories of my experience greatly disturbed me for a long time.

I do not wear a watch anymore. I keep a watch in my vehicle and a clock on the wall.

Link to random NDE and watch phenomenon

Here is a link to a random site I came across with some information. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll try and dig up more legitimate and well-researched sources for you. Try google'ing it, I know I came across one a while back that was conducted scientifically, using, well you know, the scientific method. Sorry you had an NDE, but who knows, it could be a blessing in disguise. Apparently the watch phenomenon is very, very common with people who have come back from "death". I'll update you tomorrow if I can braddah.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Click on my profile, I have a thread started. Basically, find any 'synchroncity' thread and you've found street lights mentioned. It's also called SLiders, or rather, SLi and persons are SLiders.

Anyways, as for street lights, it happens time to time when I am in the vicinity, and outside of some 'paranormal' explanation, I would say faulty bulbs.

But I DO have a good talent in getting receipts from stores, (your number is 111 sir) Many stores around here are focused around repetitious numbers.

I see 11, 22, and 33 alot. It's very common. I don't make mention of it to anyone else, because most everyone I know doesn't care or wouldn't think anything of it.

I should save my receipts!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Yesterdy evening, when going back home from a party at some friend's house, the exact moment I entered the speedway, ALL the lights turned on.

It happened to me 5 times this year.

And also I smoked pot 2 hours before it happened...

I guess I have superpowers.

BTW, this is all true. I'm not making this up for the irony of the post.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

Hmmm, I tend to enjoy the green leaf myself....MARIJUANA GIVES YOU THE ABILITY TO TURN OF LIGHTS WITH THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding. Who knows why it happens, I know that its not just filliment related, I have been gathering some good evidence and recording the frequency with which it happens. I've even begun to set up from a distance and keep track of the light's function from afar and it is not adding up....but I've got lots of crap to do, I'll continue my "research" and post any findings later when I get some time to finish up.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
It's probably a faulty bulb, I see it happen all the time too when I am out walking at night.

The filliment goes out and then the bulb has to cool down before it can fire back up.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Hi VirginiaGreen,

I used to notice this as well and found out it was due to the bulbs heating up and needing to shut off to cool down. It is apparently a regular thing according to the guy with the cherry-picker who was putting up one of the lights. Based on his chuckle and smile, I could tell that I wasn't the first person to ask him either.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well, it's interesting post, as I think this is something that happened with almost everybody. However, I don't see a specific parameter to say so, as sometimes you turn off the lights, other time you turn on the light, sometimes the light will be not disturbed.

I guess, if you noticed, that the same event happens frequently, let's say, always when you come close a light it turns off, so I think you could be worried....

But it seems if you come close 1000 lights, 50 may turn off, 65 turn on, and the rest will be as they were with no interference....

Eventhough it's a nice topic to further observation! Really nice!
Text

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I know this has probably been posted before in one manner or another, but I can not find a thread on this subject for the life of me. Basically what I have noticed in the past 3-4 years is an alarming frequency of street lights turning off in my vicinity. I have shrugged it off for years as just my observation of what happens all the time, but only placing importance on it when it happens near me. However, for the past year I have paid close attention, and I have not been able to observe street lights going dim or turning off on a regular basis anywhere else.
It is generally the old-school style street lights you would find in any city, the 90 degree angle at the top with a light suspended in a horizontal housing attached to an arm. What generally happens is I'll be minding my own business, walking the dog or just traveling by foot around the city and a light within a stones throw, usually within 10 feet of me will flicker a bit or just go immediately dim. It happens roughly once a night or at least every other night and it is always the ones closest to me, I've even had 2 go off that we close at nearly the same time.
My first though was that they were operated by some sort of censor that detected motion and shut off appropriately, but no, that is not the case...the only censors I've ever been aware of were for lights not on a central timer, that operated when ambient light was low. Secondly I figured all lights shut off for a time to conserve power, which is most likely true, but the random timing and frequency with which they shut off around me is beginning, or has been defying that thought. I will sometimes sit and observe street lights from a distance waiting to see if and when they turn off, but have gathered very little and no conclusive data.
Shifting to the paranormal I remember hearing about people who have had NDE's having trouble wearing watches, as they always seem to freeze or break. I am interested to hear of anyone else's experience regarding the street light phenomenon as I am assuming it's probably been stated and investigated before. I have never had an NDE, though I have had a few OBE's...not from meditation or astral projection (which I delve into quite a bit for personal health and general interest), but from being under the knife or from my past experimentation (in the literal form) with '___'. The only real traumatic health emergencies, other than lacerations, concussions and the like; I've had was mild epilepsy as a youth, from the ages of 3-8 I had a few seizures that were "growth related" and was prescribed a drug, if I remember correctly, named tegretol (closest phonetic spelling I can make). I'm just very interested after 4 years as to the nature of this phenomenon, and am in no way trying to gain attention or proclaim myself as having a unique energy or telekinetic ability. Thanks for the read and any feedback brothers and sisters!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VirginiaGreen

People will tell you it is nothing, but I have witnessed it first hand and can say this phenomenom is 100% real and caused by the person, my mate used to always have this effect on about 10% of street lights as he walked past them one day me and him had a fight and he ran down the street is a huff and I chased him. As he ran every light turned off as he went under or aproached it and came back on a second later all the way down the street and all the way back. We had already noticed it in the past but did not always work but this one time every light went out as he passed it then returned to normal, we tested it and sure enough as he approached off it went as he went away back on it came, but once he calmed down it returned to only 1 in 10.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Yes, most phenomenon like this can automatically have some logical answer. the sodium bulbs, cooling down, or burning out. the thing is everyone who posts something like this notice as well im sure, that it's not happening a block down, not a few hundred yards, not across the street. when it happens to me it's always within fifty feet or so, and i walk around at different times of night anywhere from 10 to 2am. iv'e noticed it for two years almost three. at first i barely noticed and knew right away coincidence of course. but then like everyone else there is a limit to how far you can keep telling yourself it's coincidence. the odds have become to the point where it will happen serveral times through one walk. never down the street or any further than around fifty feet. do i think i'm special? no. obviously other people experience this as well. lots. i feel that life is energy. and people more than any other living thing have lots of energy they cannot control. when taking a walk your thoughts along with your energy are in a different place than when your around people. school work ect. walking basically meditating for most people. so in that state your energy is doing more i think. hmmmm just a thought on it. anyone share these feelings please reply. thank you, steven

top topics

<< 1   >>

join