It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest was hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The rendlesham Forest was a big hoax see this newsarticle: News article
This makes my belief in aliens able to travel to us much weaker and I somehow doubt wether the they exist or not? I think the evidence for existence is so small nearly nothing than evidence that those being as stated above exist. I mean where are they?

[edit on 5-9-2009 by UFOexisist]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
tbh, i think that a lorry burning being mistaken for something that important is a pretty retarded idea tbh. I cant see a llama mistaking a pysical craft for a fire, let alone highly trained people.
also, how does the guy remember the exact date and time from 30 years before?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

Yeap, Agree........they so do not want us to know.....a truck burning in the woods....OKAY!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOexisist

My opinion is that article is that it is pure nonsense and is also insulting to paying readers that the editors could think such an article would be taken seriously when compared to the witness reports of what actually happened.

Dis-info, deflection and lies, oh my

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sorry, but what was seen was nothing like a burning lorry. I think trained armed-forces men could clearly distinguish between a 'fire' and a hovering craft that sent out a probe through the trees.

This guy is clearly trying to make a buck for himself. Listen to the tapes of the incident. The witnesses are clearly afraid and disturbed by what they are seeing. A truck on fire isn't going to scare army/airforce men. They would have gone gone straight over and taken a look. Mainstream media wouldn't have a clue. Just another attempt to make credible witnesses look foolish.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It was seen the next night by different people and seen flying off from two different miltary bases. He didnt have an explaination for his lorry flying away did he

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, I am a firm believer in extraterrestrial life. To think we are the only living things in a vast who knows how big universe is just stupid and I won't except any religious belief system to tell me otherwise becasue thats just contamination on this planet and there is no argument about it. To think there are no UFO's from other planets visiting our's just because we can't get from here to there is a BS excuse and a scientific approach to something they are absolutely terrified to talk about. These Einstein smart type scientists take ego deflation extremely hard when they discover they aren't anything in the universe because some form of intelligent life as evolved, sh@t a billion years before we did and knows how to traverse the universe. Aliens stop and look at this nowhere planet and say been there done that goodbye nothings. BASIC RULE it falls down to is, you maybe a believer but, shown and told the truth could your brain even handle it? Whats worse knowing or not knowing. If suddenly confronted with the 100% proof of alien life, people step back and say, well it's true, but you have just destroyed my investigative hobby and interest of seeking the truth and now I have nothing to do therefore I don't believe you. It's happened many times to many people.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think the title of the thread is a little misleading as this is just a claim driver that his truck caught fire.

Of course, this actual event can be checked with the local fire service records and the author of the article does not seem to have checked Mr Turtill's story. You would hope that a journalist would take time to check the story out and offer some evidence rather than just the word of someone from 30 years ago, but what can you expect from MSM?

And one of the witnesses was the deputy base commander Holt and this was an active base with nuclear weapons, and why would a senior US air force commander continue maintain that what he saw was not of this earth.

And yet, the OP seems to want to believe the word of a driver from 30 years ago from a paper that does not alway check its sources.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by swinggal
[more

So you saw the truck on fire then?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
what bull, and the old guy just wants his five minutes of fame.

For one the soldiers would have smelt the fire. and two it would not appear to be in the sky.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

as I said ont that thread:

This is absolute BS

1. Why wait 29 years to come forward?

2. What type of fertiliser?
If it's just manure that is not going to burn readily.
I read/took it as agricultural fertiliser either bagged or in bulk. If it was compound fertiliser this will not burn at all so we have to assume there was probably a high Ammonium Nitrate concentration in this fertiliser. Now, as someone already pointed out fertiliser oxidises and doesn't burn readily.
To get this alight you'd need an accellerant like diesel or petrol. Now, start adding that to a truck load of fertiliser and setting light to it and you're gonna get your bright light but there's also a good chance you're also gonna get a 30ft crater and a load of flattened trees, not to mention rather a loud bang.....!

3. So he sets light to said truck / trailer and then hangs around to watch it burn. Then he sees some guys with guns, gets scared, hitches up said burning vehicle or trailer and tows it to the road where it is 'safer'.

WTF......

This is utter utter utter BS

How stupid do TPTB or the papers think we really are

MR

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red

WTF......

This is utter utter utter BS

How stupid do TPTB or the papers think we really are

MR

Amen to that!

Oh, and while we are at it...
I just remember. I was travelling in New Mexico in early July, 1947 between Soccorro and Roswell. I passed by a bunch of ambulances and fire trucks. They were headed off the highway to a remote area, so I followed because I was a news photographer. There was this horrible bus crash involving a bunch of Mexican workers who had entered the US illegally. There were bodies strewn everywhere. The bus was also carrying a load of aluminum foil taco wrappers which were strewn everywhere. There were a lot of military people there because it was the a senior officer at the base who was involved in a scheme to import illegal aliens. As a coverup, to protect the reputation of the senior officer, the army released a fake cover story that a disc had crashed on the Brazel ranch. This was later changed to another cover story that a weather balloon had crashed on the ranch. Believe it or not!

(Okay, it wasn't true, but it could be really true, and I'll bet that some newspaper would print a story like that if they are willing to print the above quoted referenced story)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Absurd. The lighthouse explanation was better than that.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Putting all your eggs in one basket/case isn't the way I approach the UFO thing. If Rendlesham were proved to be a hoax tomorrow, and I don't think this truck driver is very compelling by the way, it wouldn't change anything for me. It's not about one case, it's about hundreds of compelling cases taking place on every corner of Earth over a period of centuries.

The case for alien life isn't weak at all. It's almost certainly all over the place. The tricky part is getting here from there. That's really the best and only good argument against alien visitation.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I cant believe this is worthy of a thread

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
What???

A soldier actually touched the craft, in fact several people saw it on the ground and in the air. How do burning trucks fly?

At least the lighthouse explanation made sense, although it was still incorrect

[edit on 5/9/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just cuz some guy says "it was me" doesn't mean it was. This type of blind belief is the entire reason christiantity is so long standing.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't believe in anything really concerning Rendlesham. Too many stories changed and evolved over the years, plus when you look at the facts surrounding everything at the time it falls apart with even a cursory examination. The guys didn;t actually know which way they were facing after all, they sure as hell didn't take any Geiger counter readings that mattered (just look at the equipment they used) and they changed/made stuff up over the years. Utter Rubbish.

But, I will say I don't believe this guy's story either. Come on, a burning fertilizer truck?!? That's laughable.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

What ? your belief that Aliens exist has been shaken because of this
, give me a break , a burning truck . Now go back and research the statements by the witnesses and see for yourself if a burning truck fits , its just another disinfo explanation that dont fit the facts

[edit on 5-9-2009 by gortex]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Someone with a creative name of 'Kevin Conde' had claimed about eight years ago that he drove a police vehicle on the boundaries of Bentwaters
and created the sighting. Yet no one could verify this fact.

Toxic skeptics have related the Rendlesham UFO as a misperception
of a local lighthouse. If these airmen / personnel could gain no local familiarty to their location post, then we`re all doomed.

I have met Larry Warren and this guy has suffered through his encounter.

A barmy farmer cannot discredit this UFO case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join