It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Freak On The Phone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hello, once again I have to admit that I work 3rd shift in a popular hotel in order to show you my scenario, so I have been working here for over 3years, my hubby used to work at this one but left for more money at another, but we stay in touch all night by phone and facebook, an occasional inappropriate fax

Since he worked at this hotel someone has been calling here, the same person, you cannot tell if you are talking with a man or a woman, but at times the person claims to be a first time mom, lonely and wanting to talk with anyone about pregancy, that quickly leads to a discussion of boobs and you realize where this is going and hang up. Sometimes they call here and pretend to be a person who is midchange in a sex change, claim they were just hired for this hotel or another and is wanting advice on what to where as a female housekeeper, this discussion also quickly turns to boobs and panties, and you hang up. They call all the hotels around here, we have asked or been asked by every other hotel about these calls. A few weeks ago the calls changed, now it is a person who calls, starts asking about rates, weekly, daily, what is in the area to do, how well located are we, but you keep hearing them whispering, if you ask them to speak up, they will say they are just going over a list, but then as the call goes on ( not sure if this is real or not) you can hear what they are saying and it is very very nasty and violent. I was on a call from this person the other night, and realized that the man standing outside my doors was talking on his cellphone, and had his you know what in his hand, partially hidden behind a column, I ran out the door toward him and he darted to the back of the lot, I called the maintenance guy and he saw him jump over the fence out back.

Tonight, I got another call from him, I imediately knew this time, this is him, I took the handset and walked to the front doors, looking around, didn't see him or anyone else out there, then I yelled into the phone 'you fu*****g freak!' And he started screaming into the phone, it was so weird. I hung up. He called right back, and calmly started to ask his questions again about a reservation, and I hung up again.

It is almost 5am here, I just went out to smoke a cigarette, and there was a man sleeping (or so I thought) in his car, I darted back in the building and to the front window so I can see out, and he sat there and just stared at me, I held the phone up and mouthed the words '911' and he backed out of the space, smiling at me. I didn't get a tag number, all I have is a description of a black man in a small blue car, it most likely wouldn't even warrant a written report, so I am not at this time going to call the police, I have logged it in my journal report for tonight.

What do you make of this? What does he want? I just know in my heart that this is the same guy sitting out front tonight! How far do you all think he would go? And what can be done about it?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Good thing I wasn't needing immediate help here....

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
My advice? Shoot him before he can take it any further. Just in the knee or stomach, enough so that the police will be involved. Then watch as he tries to come up with an excuse for being there with his pants down.

But then again, my solutions almost always involve preemptive violence. Maybe I'll run for president someday.

But seriously, don't let on that you know he's there. Go along with it and pull the alarm (I dunno if hotels have that kind of alarm though) or call 911 from another line. They show up a hell of alot faster when there is dead air on the other end.

[edit on 9/5/09 by Magnivea]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Be very careful. Sounds like you have a wackjob fan.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

“All that is necessary for evil to persist, is for enough good men to do nothing”. ...
Edmund Burke

All i know is that you should do something, anything. If your that worried get the police involved. This person might have previous.

Or, you are paranoid and there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Call the police and make a report, this may help the police catch this guy before he goes to far and acts out his fantasy, if he hasn't already.

Call them now.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Keep the police involved, you don't know if your the first victim...

Or if he's what he seems to be, if there are other victims.

Remember, it's not just about saving yourself, it's about protecting others.

Who knows if he's immediately got another girl.

Some people you never know just how sick and twisted they are.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I don't mean to make you paranoid but I suggest you protect yourself in some way. you never know what this man is capable of, from the sounds of it he is nuts. get pepper spray for one in case he decides to meet you in the parking lot and take his conversation face to face. but if this happens again try to delay him or try to get someone else to find him while you talk to him so you can identify his car. I am willing to bet he is some kind of sex offender. but all in all I am just saying do what is necessary to protect yourself, it wouldn't hurt to get a small caliber gun that you can easily conceal in your purse, probably won't kill him unless you shoot him in the head but it will let him know to get off your nuts.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
While I can only really repeat what LiveForever8, deepred and Republican08 said, I feel in this case it's definitely worth repeating.

Call the police. Tell them exactly what you told us.

And if he should call back before the police get there, ask him to hold because you've got the police on the other line.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

You got me with my own quote.....lol! I am not paranoid about it, I am just aware of how the law will treat this, unless he gets caught inside the building or in the lot, which is not easy to do, we are centrally located which makes it very easy to 'get away', too many outlets.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It has been my experience in these cases that the police certainly do take down a report and use it as a reference when they actually catch the guy. Is there a pattern to when he calls? If so, just ask your local police to kinda sit in the parking lot around that time. Get to know your police by name. It really does help when you've got a stalker. This is what he is.

On a side note: Ted Bundy used to masterbate outside women's houses while watching them undress. We all know what he did.

Be careful.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by uplander

On a side note: Ted Bundy used to masterbate outside women's houses while watching them undress. We all know what he did.

I have read some side notes in my time, but that one takes the biscuit.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Call the police! I wouldnt shrug it off as some nut on the phone, you never know what this person could be up to. If you call the local police department they will probably have an officer drive by there more frequently or even sit in the parking lot for a couple days. I worked in the Mall and we had 2 of our managers attacked in the parking lot with scream masks and guns (I kid you not) and after that the police were in our parking lot and would watch us walk to our cars. The incident was insane and really freaked me out at night in the Mall parking lot. They called for weeks before this harassing so this is why I say please call the police!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Being a US Army counterintelligence agent, I'd first say - get all the details of this person, especially his car and license number.

Once you do that - go write all that information down, then call the authorities about him and what he was doing to you.

I'm assuming the hotel has security cameras of some type? If so - it's possible when he was standing near that column or even in the parking lot, he was caught on camera.

Most importantly - don't do anything to put yourself in danger. If he continues to return, do what I said - get his license number and as best a description as you can, then call the cops.

Also - I'm from Texas. Like another poster said. Shoot his ass if he tries anything. I always have SOMETHING on me. A gun, a knife - a can of mace..... and I'm a guy - lol.

So.

Good luck and stay safe.

Edit to add: Check your U2U please.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What might have begun as a simple crush, is turning to obsession. And obsessions can be dangerous. Yes, you absolutely need to notify the police. Your employers also have some responsibility to protect you in your workplace, so they should be apprised as well.

1. This is turning into stalking.
2. He is trespassing.
3. If he continues to telephone you, immediately tell him to not call you again, and then hang up. If he continues to call, it is communications harassment.

There you go. All you have to do is request additional surveilance from the police department. They can cruise the lot several times during a shift.
It's very likely that all they will have to do is talk to him, and tell him to not come back, and he will comply.

These people can be dangerous. Might be just a simple crush, but you don't know that. Take some action to end this now.

Edit: When you leave to go home, you make darn sure he is not following you. If you see his car, drive to the first police station.

[edit on 9/5/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hi Space Cadet!

I've read with great interest on one of your other posts (Haunted Hotel) am am very familiar with your work environment by your own account and pictures.

I am very concerned for you; as I feel like I know you in a small way.

Like others have stated, take pictures, carry a stun gun, mace or anything that can be used as a weapon. Your boss should pay for any protection you need. Afterall, you do work a hazardous shift with many odd people checking in at those late hours.

Get a cellphone camera with voice record. Take all measures to protect yourself!

I like your posts. We can not lose you! Wish you could find a safer job.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Are there no security cameras that could have caught this guy in action so that you could show the vid footage to the cops?

I would definitely call the cops because, who knows, these other hotels that he's calling could have already complained about the guy and you may be the one that identifies him, gets his perverted arse thrown in jail, and then it will be over.

I'd call them for sure. Don't let him know you're doing it either. Stop telling him you're calling 911. Let the cops come along and surprise him.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yes, I agree concerning making a police report every time there is an incident.

Where I am different is that I always have my pistol on me. I would not go outside to him.

I would tell that sorry sap to come on in and lets get it on. Then I would hold him until the police got there or I Would shoot him if he moved.

What would be even more exciting would be to have a friend or three stationed inside and outside out of site and catch that creep and have him arrested after we had a heart to heart talk with him.

I would have to turn the tables on him and make him my prey.

There is just something about someone threatening me that puts me into attack and defend mode.

PLEASE be careful if you are not a crazy nut like me. Get help.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
One call from him tonight, he also called my co worker earlier in the evening.

Just for info, the hotel owner/manager does not like to make police reports unless it is absolutely needed. Our local paper prints all reports each Monday ( I like to call it the 'smut paper') and for the purpose of the hotel not getting a rap for being unsafe, he instead installed security cameras, doors, and locking doors in the area we work in. He does take seriously the matter of this guy, but he also said we can't just call the police every time he calls.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Thank you so much, I haven't written on the haunted hotel thread in a while because of recieving calls and someone had come to the hotel (that is all in the thread), things are still quite weird around here in that respect, expecially since we got those security doors, now I know that no one else has entered the building for sure, so a lot of stuff can not be written off to being another person.

I do have a gun. I am not supposed to have it at work, and I am terrified of shooting someone to be honest, but I would do it, the same as in my home.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join