It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings and gratitude for all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Greetings brothers, sisters

It didn't occur to me the ATS-Family expected a decent introduction from its members... until now that is. So I guess the moment has come to enlighten you all about (this forum-member-part-of-) me
Hello there.

I've been reading the boards for a couple of years now and signed up somewhere along the way, but hardly ever interfered in your conversations - although there were some rare moments I couldn't resist the urge to reply (and that appears more often, these days).. Part of this absence is due to a lack of time to spend here - I do have a life to live on this globe :-) And ATS, as you all know, swallows time - even when not contributing . Besides, I always used to be more of a booklover (real books: paper, ink, author, publisher – if existing...) a tendency that slowly but surely changed, along with the Zeitgeist and my internet connection.

Nevertheless, I'd like to grab this moment to thank all of you for the tremendous amount of information - discussions, theories, ideas, lessons, thoughts, facts, contemplations, refusals, reflections, hypotheses, views ... In one way or another, they all contributed in my strive to sustain a clear and optimal conscience - a Large Thank You for that.

The moments I had to ‘deny annoyance’ I’m gladly willing to take with it ;-) At last, being able to understand why peoples truths and opinions differ only brings more wisdom and insight. As there is: knowing when not to react

Regarding my reasons for being here, I guess my presence at ATS an sich can explane, not? I mean, look at the content of this fora and you see (part of) my interests. Let’s say I tend to approach life and its phenomena from a critical point of view, although I don’t consider myself a skeptic being. Meaning, I don’t just buy everything – that also counts for my attitude towards modern western science. Although I do acknowledge its importance, I’m convinced you can’t prove every aspect of life purely with empirical evidence (science doesn’t pretend this either, but sometimes its dogmas can be blinding). So I expand my amount of factors that influence my beliefs with less provable ones… But you’ll find out, in time.

I’m, as most of you I guess, mainly interested in filling the gaps and repairing the misbeliefs of our contemporary overall knowledge: errors and questionmarks in science, history, archaeology, astronomy, (meta)physics, astronomy, cultural oriëntated world views … I think, hope and believe mankind is heading towards a global paradigm shift – at least the world seems to need it.

Anyway, I’ll end this first little monologue by declaring myself an optimistic figure, who’s interested in bringing more harmony and understanding in every aspect of life. Oneness above strive.
We might meet again somewhere on the boards, until then: enjoy life & prosperity for all.

Blessings,
Movhisattva

[edit on 4/9/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Since I've been asked about in a U2U and not allowed to reply that yet (20 posts before U2U), I'll explain it here:

Movhisattva derived from:

-my nickname in real life (Moof, which is the first letter and three last letters of my name and surname) and

-the Sanskrit term 'Mahasattva', which means 'Great or Celestial Bodhisattva'... A Bodhisattva is one who devotes his life to enlightment and who brings enlightment for others.

'Bodhi' means enlightment
'Sattva' means being/presence
'Maha' means great
'Movhi' means 'Moof', my name

So, Movhisattva = Moof the Bodhisattva
Hope this explanation does it, otherwise just google bodhisattva :-)

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Welcome!

You are very well spoken which will be greatly appreciate here I am sure.

I always like to see international members as well. Nothing like a wide range of people to bring a wide range of views you know?

Anyway! See you around friend.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks! And you haven't heard me in my mother tongue yet

From what I've noticed, ATS could use some international influence indeed
We're all socialized in a more or less different way - insight in those differences can help broathen everyones views, glad you realise that too.
We'll meet for sure amigo!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ok so where did my 'edit' buttons go?
Wanted to add a little something to my title - is there some kind of edit-restriction, suddenly?

Ah, or a time limit? This post I can edit...

[edit on 5/9/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Welcome Aboard!!!

Here are some good links to help you in your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Just a U2U away

Semper

new topics

top topics

join