It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining the NRA...A list for gun confiscation??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I was having a discussion with someone yesterday who posited a very interesting theory.
What if the big talk and recruiting effort by the NRA, is simply a way of building a list of gun owners and political opponents that can be used for future gun confiscation and patriot elimination.
What better way to identify those, who are educated constitutionalists and are already armed and opposed to the coming takeover? The NRA's membership list is the perfect place to start.
True or not. It's best to stay off as many lists as possible
Just a thought

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This is not by any means a new theory!
Most ppl I know think of the NRA as a front to keep the gullible on the mailing list and keep mailing address current, on a high percentage of gun owners...
Most of the NRA members are really not active members, and follow very little in the true gun law changes. I think most of them just like the stickers, for there 4x4 real tree camo silerado P/U's and socker mom SUV's

Keep in mind I said "most" not all members are this way..

I am positive I do not need this organization to speak for me, and do not believe they have ever done anything that has benefitted me, or the majority of legitimate law biding gun owners!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by freddieb

I think I agree with doc holiday .

in genaral terms , the NRA is a good lobby for gun manufatures , ammo loaders , is a good teaching organization , and can be effective for supporting gun rights .

but more often they buy and sell their membership like any other washington D.C. power group .

the danger of not supporting them is that those who with to remove guns from every private house hold is well funded , well organized , and has the power of the lib-dem political machine behind it .

it is easy to make a more complete list of gun owners , and any person who is a NRA member is likly already on a fedaral FBI back ground check listing .
alone with the yellow sheet of paper that is filled out every time you buy a fire arm .

frankly , I would not worry about it .
enought good people are in the BATF , FBI , and homeland security ... if the SHTF , the word will get out in time to ....

" excuse me ... you want to take my gun? ... here , let me unload it first . "

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think the OP could very well be right in what he is saying. I don't own a gun and I don't really follow gun culture, except to note that gun ownership in America has not had an impact on encroachments on the constitution that started during the Bush administration.

I personally have nothing against gun ownership and in fact admire the workmanship in finely crafted guns. When I was younger I was keen to own a Model 1911 Colt .45 and a "hammerless" Smith and Wesson revolver, and as a kid I admired the lever action Winchester rifle. Today's high tech assault rifles are amazing.

Having said that, I think gun ownership might be relevant to guerilla war in America but to little else in the political sphere.

Membership in a political club that keeps track of what your local congressional representatives are up to is way, way, way, more important to protecting America's freedom's and way of life than gun ownership is.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I used to work for the NRA, headquarters. I seriously doubt that a Gun Law will ever, ever be passed to take away our Right to Bear arms.

while it is possible that the illuminati could use the lists of past and current members, myself included, I do not think it will come to pass...

Here is why....

There are tons of NRA members that are part of the illuminati, and it goes up very very high on the chain. I know because I have seen them, I know because I have seen correspondence to them, I know because I used to work very closely with the senior executives of the NRA. They are part of the NRA for a reason.

So- for all those who want to contimplate a 2nd ammendment reversal- go ahead and waste your time. I dont.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I used to work for the NRA, headquarters. I seriously doubt that a Gun Law will ever, ever be passed to take away our Right to Bear arms.

while it is possible that the illuminati could use the lists of past and current members, myself included, I do not think it will come to pass...

Here is why....

There are tons of NRA members that are part of the illuminati, and it goes up very very high on the chain. I know because I have seen them, I know because I have seen correspondence to them, I know because I used to work very closely with the senior executives of the NRA. They are part of the NRA for a reason.

So- for all those who want to contimplate a 2nd ammendment reversal- go ahead and waste your time. I dont.
I don't want to cast doubt on the claims you've made in your post. I don't know you or what or where you've worked. But I must ask...How do you know they were members of the Illuminati? They don't where name tags. How does individual gun ownership benefit the Illuminati and their goal of world control? And how would that reconcile with the tenets of the Illuminati, dating back to Adam Wiesphalt, the founder, that admonishes members to "Appear to be that which you are not, and to work toward goals you do not seek, hiding that which you truly are and keeping secret the goals you truly desire."?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You can donate without joining, however if your going to spend your money, spend it on a real pro-gun group.

gunowners.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Oh my god!! That is an amazing idea, I never thought of it but it makes sense 100%. This actually puts to question a lot of things, nothing comes to mind but the NRA definately looks like a trap.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by freddieb

I admit- it does seem like the opposite that the illuminati would be all for the removal of the second ammendment. I cannot tell you why they are, only that they are at the top of it.

As for my employment there, why would I lie? I grew up in Northern Virginia, spent my whole adult life there up until a few years ago when I moved away. NRA Headquarters is smack dab in the middle of Fairfax Virginia- my home town. Anyways, tons of people I know have worked there- its not some secret agency. I know what I know because I was a personal secretary to one of the high level people (ie CEO, CFO, President, etc...) although I am not going to give away what position I held. Anyways, that gave me unbridled access to fewer than 2% of the rest of the NRA organization knew about. What I knew- no other departmens knew about. So--- thats my creds...

As for how did I know whos who in the Illuminati??? Ive been into the whole NWO stuff since 1998- I know whos whos in the Illuminati. As for who they were, I will not discuss, Im not THAT stupid.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

They could have sold out, just because they are in the NRA doesn't mean they are loyal to the 2nd amendment. The NRA never endorsed Ron Paul who was the strongest supporter of the 2nd amendment last election, while supporting all the other repuplican candidates. The fact that some high ups run the NRA is more reason to suspect it than not.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It all seems strange to me

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The whole point of the NRA is to protect the rights of gun owners. The last thing they are going to do is turn over their member-list, or sell it.

NRA HQ has the best indoor range in the area, so membership is worth the discount. If the government wanted to know who had guns, they could just pull the CWP permits.

top topics

join