It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finger bitten off during California health protest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is bull. No-one is going home in a few days after an amputated limb has been reattached. You guys believe in anything don't you?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Doctors told Rice the pinky, severed near the second knuckle, could not be reattached because of high bacteria levels from a human bite, he told the Ventura County Star.

Finger not re-attached

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Even if the finger was deliberately put into the guy's mouth, does that give him permission to bite it?
Hmmm... Permission? I tend to think that when it comes to a fight, civilised notions like permission lose their relevance.
If someone stuck their finger in my mouth during a fight, I'd say I have the right to defend myself by biting it.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IKnowNothing

Ah, it all starts to make sense now...

Rice said he did not initially plan to participate in any demonstration Wednesday. He was driving by when he spotted Code Pink members, and he stopped to see if they were protesting the military, he said. Rice has a son who is an officer in the Marine Corps.
After a brief exchange with Code Pink members, Rice said, he was satisfied they were not protesting the military. He was leaving when a man who seemed “deranged” approached and called him an “idiot,” he said.
Rice said he felt like the man had singled him out because he was the “easiest target.”
Man accused in T.O. finger-biting incident sought

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Yes, that kind of thing happens all the time...

Driving by, Rice noticed a protest group whose agenda he took exception to. He calmly parked his car and approached them.
"Excuse me, ladies. Are you protesting the military?" he asked politely.
"No, we're here in support of the President's proposed healthcare reform." replied one of the Code Pink women.
"Oh, I see." smiled Rice, "Well, I'll be on my way then. Have a nice day!"
As he was leaving, a short, bespectacled man followed Rice over the street to where a counter demonstration was taking place, and for no reason whatsoever, began to aggressively question Rice.
"You're an idiot!" the small man exclaimed, not liking Rice's replies, but also with such menace that Rice, fearing for his safety, since he did not know if the fifteen or so anti-reform protesters around him would back him up, was compelled to punch the man in the face.
Yes, it certainly all makes sense now!
Lucky to have got away with just losing a finger tip, I reckon.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by Animal
Both men resorted to violence. Both men were at fault. PERIOD.

Thanks. But I actually read the article. They were engaged in a fist fight after one protester crossed the street to confront the other protesters. My reply above was in response to another member whose outrage was solely pointed to the man who had his finger bitten off instead of the biter. So please direct your 'both' comment to them.

Also, not 'PERIOD.' The article also mentions it is not clear who started the fight, the issue of self defense came up, and it said the biter fled.

Here Ash, from another article, that based on your responce to me you did not read:

A man from Moveon.org's area then walked over to the opponents and verbally confronted Rice, allegedly calling him names and acting aggressively, Bonfiglio said.

Rice later told investigators he felt threatened by the man and punched him in the nose, Bonfiglio said.

The punch set off a fist fight

The Link

So based on the information given to officers from the 'bitten' the physical violence was started by him, the 'bitten'.

Your bias was clear in your first post and I am still calling you on it. If someone else needs to be called on the same issue of bias then consider this as directed at them as well.

Both men were engaged in violence. One got his finger bitten off. Both men are at fault. PERIOD.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Animal]

what dumbass instigator would cross the street, and confront the opposition? Shows me this person doesnt even believe in what they claim to be protesting.
AshleyD, I sensed that sarcasm too, I think its a disingenious reply, and Loner007 is trying to provoke more conflict.
He falls into the same category as this sorry excuse finger biter.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Mailman]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
oooh yay! More delicious irony.

The government sponsored health care opponent has his bitten off finger re-attached by his own government sponsored health care coverage!!

Finger lickin' good! (pun at least partially intended)

All people at the age of 65 are covered by medicare.

He couldn't get private insurance if he wanted to?

Talk about ignorance......

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join