It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge of Creation handed down through the ages written by Moses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Adam Lived to be 930 yrs old. Adam was 687 yrs old when Mathuselah was born. Noah was born in 1056 when Mathuselah was 369 years old who would have heard the creation story from Methuselah. Mathuselah lived for 969 years and died the year of the Flood. At the year of the Flood Noah was 600 yrs old. Noah lived to the year 2006 BC His 3 sons Shem,Ham,Japeth (who would have heard the creation story as well from methuselah) and family continued the repopulation of the world after the Flood. Abram was born in the year 2008BC Chances are better than average that he would have known Shem,Ham or Japheth and heard the account of creation from them. Isaac was born in the year 2108BC when Abraham was 100yrs old. Abraham lived to the year 2183. Isaac died in 2315BC had a son named Jacob, Jacob was born the year 2168 and would have known his grandpa Abraham would would have passed the story of creation on to Jacob. Jacob would have been 15 years old when Abraham died. Jacob had a son named Joseph who was born 2259BC and died 2369BC who would have known Isaac and heard the story from him. At this time there was a Famine in the Land and Joseph rose to become Pharoah's Viceroy. Joseph brought the Jews to Egypt and God changed Jacob's name to Israel. Moses was born in 2433 64 years after the death of Joseph.

Link to timeline Chart www.biblestudy.net...

At that time the Jew's population grew so large that the egyptians feared them. Moses Wrote the 5 books of Torah towards the end of his life and would have known the story of creation from the decendants of Joseph. From Adam to the birth of Moses there was 2,433 years. the passage of Knowledge of the Creation of the Earth was passed down with overlapping years of offspring the knowledge that he would obtain would be 5th-6th hand knowledge. I hope your still with me i know it might be a bit confusing but here is my point. The accuracy of creation to Moses in my opinion would have been accurate and the Dead sea scrolls are calculated to have been written about 125 BC and AD 68 and the bible today is accurate with the writings of the scrolls. So we would have a Gap about 1300-1400 years from Moses to the Birth of Jesus. When Moses wrote the books of the Torah they would have been the most holy books to the Jewish faith and kept with care and if re-written would be done with 100% accuracy. They took these writings very seriously and would rather die than to miscopy the books. My point is, i believe we have with amazing accuracy an account of Creation told by Adam to his descendants 6000 years ago.

Keeper

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
you believe...

i believe you have a wonderful story.

i believe we have a fossil record that can be carbon dated. much more than 6000 years.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
....and not just carbon dated. There are many dating techniques, some which go back way way further than carbon-dating, such are Uranium-Thorium or Rubidium-Strontium.

However, I'm with you regarding this, the fossil record is much more reliable than these myths when we try to determine the past.

OP, just as a curiosity: how old do you consider the Earth to be?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
....and not just carbon dated. There are many dating techniques, some which go back way way further than carbon-dating, such are Uranium-Thorium or Rubidium-Strontium.

However, I'm with you regarding this, the fossil record is much more reliable than these myths when we try to determine the past.

OP, just as a curiosity: how old do you consider the Earth to be?

Billions. The account in Genesis is a recreation account. The Earth was destroyed with an Ice Age or cataclysmic event presumably the previous inhabitants rebelled against God possibly sided with Lucifer and 1/3 of the Angels. The only time in the Bible that God destroys a world is when it becomes corrupt. Scientifically proven there was an Ice Age, there was a Flood and bible prophecies 1000+ years from now with Fire. Prophecy in Revelations accounts for a final recreation of the Earth after it is burned with fire. I'm a Gap Theorist. meaning "In the Beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth" (Stop: Billions of years existed) now begins the account of the recreation since the previous earth was destroyed by that i mean all life wiped out and Earth thrown into Chaos in which God reorganizes and brings life back to Earth with Creation of Man as its Keeper. On a side note i believe Dinosaurs existed before mankind in the previous world, there is some debate about this among some christians but me personally I don't see it that way.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I guess I could throw the thought out there that in early biblical time as in the time of Adam the moon was used to measure the yearly cycle and not the sun. And when God told them that no man wouold live past the age of 120 years from this point further is because of the change to using the sun to measure a yearly cycle.

Adam Lived to be 930 years old moon cycle

Adam lived to be 77.5 years old sun cycle

Mathuselah lived for 969 years moon cycle

Mathuselah lived for 80.75 years sun cycle

The moon cycle would be measured in each full moon once a month. The sun cycle would be mearsured in yearly cycles as we do now. I believe in early years of hunting gathering the seasons didn't really mean much to them and they just measured time in what everybody could easily see a full moon quarter moon half moon. But as they moved to farming seasons became a problem in figuring out when to plant when to harvest so on. And at one time they measured time roughly the same way the aztec calander did with many calenders of time when God said no one would live past a 120 years it was a change in the calender that people measured life spans in. So early dating in the bible will allways be off until this is corrected.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
Adam Lived to be 930 yrs old. Adam was 687 yrs old when Mathuselah was born. Noah was born in 1056 when Mathuselah was 369 years old who would have heard the creation story from Methuselah. Mathuselah lived for 969 years and died the year of the Flood. At the year of the Flood Noah was 600 yrs old. Noah lived to the year 2006 BC His 3 sons Shem,Ham,Japeth (who would have heard the creation story as well from methuselah) and family continued the repopulation of the world after the Flood. Abram was born in the year 2008BC Chances are better than average that he would have known Shem,Ham or Japheth and heard the account of creation from them. Isaac was born in the year 2108BC when Abraham was 100yrs old. Abraham lived to the year 2183. Isaac died in 2315BC had a son named Jacob, Jacob was born the year 2168 and would have known his grandpa Abraham would would have passed the story of creation on to Jacob. Jacob would have been 15 years old when Abraham died. Jacob had a son named Joseph who was born 2259BC and died 2369BC who would have known Isaac and heard the story from him. At this time there was a Famine in the Land and Joseph rose to become Pharoah's Viceroy. Joseph brought the Jews to Egypt and God changed Jacob's name to Israel. Moses was born in 2433 64 years after the death of Joseph.

At that time the Jew's population grew so large that the egyptians feared them. Moses Wrote the 5 books of Torah towards the end of his life and would have known the story of creation from the decendants of Joseph. From Adam to the birth of Moses there was 2,433 years. the passage of Knowledge of the Creation of the Earth was passed down with overlapping years of offspring the knowledge that he would obtain would be 5th-6th hand knowledge. I hope your still with me i know it might be a bit confusing but here is my point. The accuracy of creation to Moses in my opinion would have been accurate and the Dead sea scrolls are calculated to have been written about 125 BC and AD 68 and the bible today is accurate with the writings of the scrolls. So we would have a Gap about 1300-1400 years from Moses to the Birth of Jesus. When Moses wrote the books of the Torah they would have been the most holy books to the Jewish faith and kept with care and if re-written would be done with 100% accuracy. They took these writings very seriously and would rather die than to miscopy the books. My point is, i believe we have with amazing accuracy an account of Creation told by Adam to his descendants 6000 years ago.

Keeper

I think the site where you get your info from needs to brush up on how "timelines" work or are presented.

How can Isaac be BORN in 2108 BC and DIE in 2315 BC . . . seems like the biggest flaw (a crucial one) in this opinion is everyone DIES centuries BEFORE they were BORN. Maybe if they studied how time passes a little more they would realize the error in their calculations . . . and their thinking.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Also theres a peoblem with God created Adam And Eve. They had two sons Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel So God marked him on the forehead and sent him and his wife out of the Garden of Eve. He marked his forehead so who so ever seen him in the towns and villages would know he killed his brother.

Where did his wife come from and the towns and villages of people come from.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Also theres a peoblem with God created Adam And Eve. They had two sons Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel So God marked him on the forehead and sent him and his wife out of the Garden of Eve. He marked his forehead so who so ever seen him in the towns and villages would know he killed his brother.

We as mortal flesh can not begin to, truly, understand god. God works in mysterious ways!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

Keeper

I think the site where you get your info from needs to brush up on how "timelines" work or are presented.

How can Isaac be BORN in 2108 BC and DIE in 2315 BC . . . seems like the biggest flaw (a crucial one) in this opinion is everyone DIES centuries BEFORE they were BORN. Maybe if they studied how time passes a little more they would realize the error in their calculations . . . and their thinking.

just a technical error take out the BC he was born 2108 and died 2315. timeline when to 4000 at the end of the first covenant and started over at 1 until the present day 2009.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Geneologies in the bible only mention the males. Females were rarely mentioned. Adam and Eve had many daughters in which cain or abel would have married a sister which was very common back then. Only when there started to be deformations that it became unwise to marry a relative.

Genesis 5:4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and Daughters:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

No matter how you come to the first man and woman, whether via creation or evolution, somehow they are going to have to mate with close family members as they are the only others available.

And seriously, I always get a kick out of people asking where everyone else came from.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I guess I could throw the thought out there that in early biblical time as in the time of Adam the moon was used to measure the yearly cycle and not the sun. And when God told them that no man wouold live past the age of 120 years from this point further is because of the change to using the sun to measure a yearly cycle.

The moon cycle would be measured in each full moon once a month. The sun cycle would be mearsured in yearly cycles as we do now. I believe in early years of hunting gathering the seasons didn't really mean much to them and they just measured time in what everybody could easily see a full moon quarter moon half moon. But as they moved to farming seasons became a problem in figuring out when to plant when to harvest so on. And at one time they measured time roughly the same way the aztec calander did with many calenders of time when God said no one would live past a 120 years it was a change in the calender that people measured life spans in. So early dating in the bible will allways be off until this is corrected.

so i guess they didnt really live to be 900+ years old.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus

so i guess they didnt really live to be 900+ years old.

Genesis 1:14 4 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark Seasonsand days and years.

Noah entered the ark in the 600th year of his life, on the 17th day of the 2nd month (Genesis 7:11-13). Noah left the ark on the 27th day of the 2nd month of the following year (Genesis 8:14-15). Therefore, assuming a lunar calendar of 360 days, Noah was on the ark for approximately 370 days. thats about 1 year. Years were not calculated in moon cycles back then, never has it been calculated that way.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Keeper of Kheb]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day [4] from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. 16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, [5] and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, 18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. 19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Doesn't seem to defeat my theroy.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Genesis 18:14 Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

Could this be a measured time in pregancy and birth such as the mayan 9 month calender. Seems like it to me. Proving they used a multi calender system. Life calender a solar calender a lunar calender so on and so on.

Exodus 2:23 And it came to pass in process of time, that the king of Egypt died: and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage.

Process of time is used many times in the bible when speaking of someones death.

Hebrew calendar

The Hebrew calendar (Hebrew: הלוח העברי‎ ha'luach ha'ivri) or Jewish calendar is a lunisolar calendar used by Jews, the followers of Judaism and in recent decades, by a growing number of Messianic Jews and Christians.

Lunisolar calendar

A lunisolar calendar is a calendar in many cultures whose date indicates both the moon phase and the time of the solar year. If the solar year is defined as a tropical year then a lunisolar calendar will give an indication of the season; if it is taken as a sidereal year then the calendar will predict the constellation near which the full moon may occur. Usually there is an additional requirement that the year have a whole number of months, in which case most years have 12 months but every second or third year has 13 months.

The Hebrew, Buddhist, Hellenic, Hindu lunisolar, Tibetan, Chinese (used alone until 1912 and then used along with the Gregorian), and Korean (used alone until 1894 and since used along with the Gregorian) calendars are all lunisolar, as was the Japanese calendar until 1873, the Hawaiian calendar, the pre-Islamic calendar, the republican Roman calendar until 45 BC (in fact earlier, because the synchronization to the moon was lost as well as the synchronization to the sun), the first century Gaulish Coligny calendar, the Byzantine Calendar, and the second millennium BC Babylonian calendar. The Chinese, Coligny and Hebrew[1] lunisolar calendars track more or less the tropical year whereas the Buddhist and Hindu lunisolar calendars track the sidereal year. Therefore, the first three give an idea of the seasons whereas the last two give an idea of the position among the constellations of the full moon. The Tibetan calendar was influenced by both the Chinese and Hindu calendars. The English also used a lunisolar calendar before their conversion to Christianity[citation needed].The twelve-month, thirty-day Hawaiian calendar incorporates the same sophisticated astronomy used by the ancient Polynesians to navigate throughout the Pacific and details when plants should be sown and fish caught. [2]

The Islamic calendar is a lunar, but not a lunisolar calendar because its date is not related to the sun. The Julian and Gregorian Calendars are solar, not lunisolar, because their dates do not indicate the moon phase — however, a lunisolar calendar is used in the determination of the Christian celebration of Easter..

So as you can see there was many calenders for them to use not one single calender.

Oldest lunar calendar identified

What could be the oldest lunar calendar ever created has been identified on the walls of the famous, prehistoric caves at Lascaux in France.

The interpretation that symbolic paintings, dating back 15,000 years, show the Moon going through its different phases comes from Dr Michael Rappenglueck, of the University of Munich.

The German researcher has previously associated patterns left in the caves with familiar stars and constellations.

He now says groups of dots and squares painted among representations of bulls, antelope and horses depict the 29-day cycle of the Earth's satellite

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Even God gave a measurment of time as one full moon to the next.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Leviticus 19 23 And when ye shall come into the land, and shall have planted all manner of trees for food, then ye shall count the fruit thereof as uncircumcised: three years shall it be as uncircumcised unto you: it shall not be eaten of. 24 But in the fourth year all the fruit thereof shall be holy [2] to praise the Lord withal. 25 And in the fifth year shall ye eat of the fruit thereof, that it may yield unto you the increase thereof: I am the Lord your God. 26 Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.

Seems if you replace the world year with month it makes since. Plant your fruit trees when the fruits begin to show dont eat them until the fourth month for then it will be ripe or holy.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hi Keeper

I think your numbers are a little confused. The Torah of 'Mosheh' (whoever he was) was edited and re-written mainly by Ezra ha Sofer around 480BC during the Persian Period.

Also there were many many versions of the torah floating around to judge from all the different handwritten copies we found in caves 1-11 among the Dead Sea Scrolls.

The Masoretic Text which you quote loosely from was copied around 960AD in Leningrad and is based on a single manuscript of the middle ages (pointed, i.e. with the vowells added); manuscript copies more than 1000 years older were found at Qumran and they differ from the Masoretic Text by up to 24 percent, if you count each letter.

The process of 'copying then counting the middle letters' to ensure accuracy of hand written transmission was not in place until after 300AD; any text copied out by hand before that will differ from the Masoretic copies/families.

For example, we discovered large segments of the Hebrew Vorglag Underlay (dated 300BC) to the Greek LXX Septuaginta (which is dated around 190 BC) and we can see at a glance the text differs letter for letter with the Masoretic vowelled copies by 24 % on average. See the Scroll of the Book of the prophet Jeremiah, which in the earliest copies lacks 13 whole chapters: the Masoretic Text which 'added' the 13 chapters is from a later hand, for example, and written in a different later Hebrew style and theology from other parts of the book.

We also have copies of the Samaritan Pentateuch Torah which is older still from around 400 BC. The ages of the Patriarchs are all different in the SamPent and the Vorlage and the LXX from the Masoretic--so you can go around quoting ages of characters like 'Adam' or 'Henoch' etal. when you don't have a SINGLE text to refer to...all you have are jumbled badly copied handwritten families of texts of Hebrew Scriptures (and some in Aramaic) which DO NOT MATCH EACH OTHER very closely.

Sorry to burst your little inane fundamentalist bubble, but those Qumran Caves opened up a WHOLE can of Time Capsule Textual Worms when they started comparing texts letter for letter--which explains why the Rabbis and the Priests and the Ministers DID NOT WANT THOSE DEAD SEA SCROLLS PUBLISHED for at least 60 years---and even now, most people are too lazy to read the older versions of the 'bible' for comparison---more's the Pity !

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
Hi Keeper

I think your numbers are a little confused. The Torah of 'Mosheh' (whoever he was) was edited and re-written mainly by Ezra ha Sofer around 480BC during the Persian Period.

Also there were many many versions of the torah floating around to judge from all the different handwritten copies we found in caves 1-11 among the Dead Sea Scrolls.

The Masoretic Text which you quote loosely from was copied around 960AD in Leningrad and is based on a single manuscript of the middle ages (pointed, i.e. with the vowells added); manuscript copies more than 1000 years older were found at Qumran and they differ from the Masoretic Text by up to 24 percent, if you count each letter.

The process of 'copying then counting the middle letters' to ensure accuracy of hand written transmission was not in place until after 300AD; any text copied out by hand before that will differ from the Masoretic copies/families.

For example, we discovered large segments of the Hebrew Vorglag Underlay (dated 300BC) to the Greek LXX Septuaginta (which is dated around 190 BC) and we can see at a glance the text differs letter for letter with the Masoretic vowelled copies by 24 % on average. See the Scroll of the Book of the prophet Jeremiah, which in the earliest copies lacks 13 whole chapters: the Masoretic Text which 'added' the 13 chapters is from a later hand, for example, and written in a different later Hebrew style and theology from other parts of the book.

We also have copies of the Samaritan Pentateuch Torah which is older still from around 400 BC. The ages of the Patriarchs are all different in the SamPent and the Vorlage and the LXX from the Masoretic--so you can go around quoting ages of characters like 'Adam' or 'Henoch' etal. when you don't have a SINGLE text to refer to...all you have are jumbled badly copied handwritten families of texts of Hebrew Scriptures (and some in Aramaic) which DO NOT MATCH EACH OTHER very closely.

Sorry to burst your little inane fundamentalist bubble, but those Qumran Caves opened up a WHOLE can of Time Capsule Textual Worms when they started comparing texts letter for letter--which explains why the Rabbis and the Priests and the Ministers DID NOT WANT THOSE DEAD SEA SCROLLS PUBLISHED for at least 60 years---and even now, most people are too lazy to read the older versions of the 'bible' for comparison---more's the Pity !

I'm sorry you feel that way but you are in error. What about the prophecies in the bible that have come true? That is accurate. I bet you can't find one prophecy in the bible that is proven factually to be wrong. If it is as riddled with bullet holes as you think it is then it should be easy for you. but you will never find it and you still won't believe. I pray that you do and you repent from your wickedness.

Keeper

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Which prophecies have come true again?

I can discredit Yeshua/Jesus/Joshua as a fulfilled prophecy. The only thing the gospels show is that the writers knew about the OT prophecies and had Yeshua/Jesus/Joshua act these out in their telling (over a hundred years after his death) of his life. There is nothing that can be shown historically accurate about Y/J/J fulfilling these prophecies because no one recorded them in the time they happened. Moreover, if the Jews actually witnessed a true messiah fulfill these prophecies, he certainly would have been a leader to more than a rag tag bunch of radicals.

I'm wondering how all of these other prophecies manifested themselves in the physical realm and are supported.

EDIT - Changed "can't" to "can"

[edit on 9/2/09 by solomons path]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

What about the prophecies in the bible that have come true? That is accurate. I bet you can't find one prophecy in the bible that is proven factually to be wrong.

Can you honestly point to a 'bible prophecy' that has come true, which is factually correct and not a misrepresentation or tweak, or the result of Millenarian fever?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join