It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jesus Army and me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I lived with the Jesus army for most of my childhood.

Would love to hear peoples views on this particular christian group and if you have any questions please post here and I will be more than happy to answer.

Not sure if this is the right place for my thread so if its not Mods please show me where this should be..thanks

Beauty

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

Whats a Jesus Army?

Who do you fight against?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I didn't know Jesus was into an organised Paramilitary style establishments.
From my own understanding of reading the New testament and the Gnostic Gospels Jeshua Ben Joseph AKA Jesus Christ talked a lot about Peace and love for your fellow man, enemy and neighbor.
I never read anywhere that he said one was supposed to form in to Armed Militia and kill your enemies???

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

Whats a Jesus Army?

Who do you fight against?

They are a christian group based mainly in the uk.

The only dude that christians fight against is the devil right?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Well I think the devil is more of an idea and not a dude, but okay.

So what does the group do then?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ok so...how do you fight the devil? Have you met Jesus? How large is this army?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
I didn't know Jesus was into an organised Paramilitary style establishments.
From my own understanding of reading the New testament and the Gnostic Gospels Jeshua Ben Joseph AKA Jesus Christ talked a lot about Peace and love for your fellow man, enemy and neighbor.
I never read anywhere that he said one was supposed to form in to Armed Militia and kill your enemies???

Please take a look for yourself, here - www.jesus.org.uk...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Might as well ask a mod to shut down this thread or ignore it all together. The chances anyone asking real questions is very slim.

I do have a question though.

Is the Jesus Army a branch of Christianity or is it just a name of a few people who get together for BBQs and camps?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topsy_Cret
Ok so...how do you fight the devil? Have you met Jesus? How large is this army?

Ok I dont know how you fight the devil because I am not a religious person.

Im not sure how many members there are now as I have not lived there for 17 years but I think the numbers are declining

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Might as well ask a mod to shut down this thread or ignore it all together. The chances anyone asking real questions is very slim.

I do have a question though.

Is the Jesus Army a branch of Christianity or is it just a name of a few people who get together for BBQs and camps?

Thankyou for your Real question, they are a well established and registered ( whatever that means ) religion and in amongst that Yes they have BBQs and camping outings.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
" Thankyou for your Real question"

I thought my questions were real
.... But I guess these are better.

You said you lived with them when you were young, do they live in a coloney of sorts? Also, what are the goal of this army?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yes I went to that link But all I saw was an organised religion yeah.
Nothing about spirituality in every day living?

The devil, Satan you cant fight against because they are simply nothing but the illusory beliefs of the religions of man. As they are the idea constructs of the ego mind.
Love needs not to fight anything because love is freedom and oneness.
Fear and hate are separation and thus are bondage.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

they have BBQs and camping outings.

What a sissy army.

I would think these outings have quite a bit of pedophilia going on, but who are we to limit their camping activities..?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Beauty, you wrote that you lived with them for most of your childhood. Did you not learn anything about how they fight the devil in that time? I'm serious. Maybe they didn't fight the devil? Just wondering.

link   
reply to post by logicalfallacy

I wasn't gonna chime in, but ofcourse Ignorance had to appear in this thread no didn't it.

I am sorry but the fact that you equate pedophilia with this group that you probably know nothing about is really sad.

Please inform yourself before making your mouth fall down the stairs so to speak.

~Keeper

link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
Yes I went to that link But all I saw was an organised religion yeah.
Nothing about spirituality in every day living?

The devil, Satan you cant fight against because they are simply nothing but the illusory beliefs of the religions of man. As they are the idea constructs of the ego mind.
Love needs not to fight anything because love is freedom and oneness.
Fear and hate are separation and thus are bondage.

Yes they are an organised religion that firstly have a huge love for people and life but hate the devil and sin. I do not disagree with what you are saying and that is partly why I started this thread

I am not saying this is what I believe in, I would like people who already know who they are and have questions regarding them to come forward and ask, that is all

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by logicalfallacy

I wasn't gonna chime in, but ofcourse Ignorance had to appear in this thread no didn't it.

I am sorry but the fact that you equate pedophilia with this group that you probably know nothing about is really sad.

Please inform yourself before making your mouth fall down the stairs so to speak.

This is the kind of ignorance that really p****s me off I posted a link so If people dont know who they are they can take a look ! Im talking from personal experience here and thankyou for chiming in

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Thank you for your sincere candidness

Just a background on myself; I lived with a Christian Community called the Jesus Christians when I was in my late Teens and early Twenties. The Community I live with believed in living like Jesus did and so we would sell all our possessions and live communally and would go out 2 by 2 and preach the teachings of Jesus Just like in the Gospels.
After 5 years I got disillusioned with the power struggles, politics and blatant nepotism and so I left with my Wife and Daughter. And now after 17years I have come to the realizations of the understandings the Kingdom of Heaven is within us in the spirituality of thinking from the Holy Spirit

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Are things like this pretty much exactly what would commonly be referred to as "cults"?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I was just wondering what the orginizations about, thats all.

Long as you aren't out in the streets asking people for change I couldn't see any harm in it. It is a non profit though. Opening a non profit religious orginization can be quite lucrative.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join