It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Representatives play solitaire and watch baseball during debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
A picture says 1000 words, I just can't say many of them without breaking the T&C here on ATS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ad0e459991f.jpg[/atsimg]

This is actually a story about the senate aproving a budget, but the picture and caption show

House Minority Leader Lawrence F. Cafero Jr., R-Norwalk, far right, speaks while colleagues play solitaire on their computers as the House convenes Monday night to vote on a new budget.

Article found here
I happen to be one of the majority who would like to see all of the congress replaced. I know it would throw out some good representatives, but its a small price to pay

-E-

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Oh this is bad and would get most people written up or fired if they did this during their work hours.

Then again, if they didn't have computers they would be doodling in their notebooks and passing secret notes back and forth. None of them get it.
I would love to see a massive "House" cleaning in 2010.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised. Maybe some of them will find a website that teaches people how to become a better liar/politician. Which would probably require they sell their soul or oh no wait they're politicians.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I guess to be 100% accurate the lady on the left is playing freecell

-E-

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If I got caught playing solitaire, watching sports, or anything else besides DOING MY JOB I would get canned w/o a doubt. What a bunch of jerks these people are. BUT, it doesn't surprise me one bit. It would be nice to see a list of names of these people.

Given the funds, I would make giant billboards in their area and put a caption like "Is this how you want to be represented" and get these agenda driven, lazy, careless individuals get booted from office. Or at least call them out and make them answer for their actions.

Just my 2-cents

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Indeed a great campaign tactic that any of their opponents could use against them!

Ahh man it just makes me want to retch, seriously :|

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I saw this on Drudge a bit ago. I thought it would have been cool to see ATS up on one of those screens.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I saw this on Drudge a bit ago. I thought it would have been cool to see ATS up on one of those screens.

Is that a photoshop challenge?
That would have been funny if it had been the case. Still wouldn't change my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

That would have been funny if it had been the case. Still wouldn't change my opinion though.

At least if it was ATS we'd know they were getting more truth than the propaganda spewing from the endless speeches
Or lobbyists lol

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

At least if it was ATS we'd know they were getting more truth than the propaganda spewing from the endless speeches
Or lobbyists lol

I guess it would depend on which thread they were reading. As you know there are endless versions of the "truth" here at ATS.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yes, I would love to get the names of people in our House doing this. They are supposed to be there for us, they are supposed to be listening and making the best decision possible. Anyone recognize them so we can send this picture to their constituents?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
That is appauling! I hope they get fired...

It would have been funny if ATS was on one of their screens! Imagine a politician checking up on the latest Alternative News!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I had not thought about it that way, but it would be a cool screen saver. If only there was a photo shop expert here.............

join