It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you feeling the oneness?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Violet Sky

impermanence makes anything possible. never say never.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice

Originally posted by Whine Flu
People are all separate but all share a common goal.

Besides, if we were all one we wouldn't have militaries of the world in battlefields pitting it out against on another for no reason.

People are all seperate and share a common goal???? what goal is this that i share with you? I don't have any goals.

So your reasoning that were not all one, is because of our ego?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

Not necessarily ego. I'm just saying that we're born the same and end the same way. In the end we all want the same things. You'd be surprised how people are open about themselves at the most vulnerable moments.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I didn't notice that.

Yea, I did kind of word that funny.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice

People are all separate but all share a common goal.

Besides, if we were all one we wouldn't have militaries of the world in battlefields pitting it out against on another for no reason.

People are all seperate and share a common goal???? what goal is this that i share with you? I don't have any goals.

So your reasoning that were not all one, is because of our ego?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

Not necessarily ego. I'm just saying that we're born the same and end the same way. In the end we all want the same things. You'd be surprised how people are open about themselves at the most vulnerable moments.

Not necessarily? Your ideas and thoughts on the matter are a product of your ego/mind w.e So are mine =) you know nothing and neither do i.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
For a while now I've kept hearing how we are all connected.
We are all one.
I am sure most people on ATS would conclude that, that is the case.

But, to be honest I am not feeling a connection at all.

On rare occasions people smile and wave, but otherwise I find people acting very separate.
And sometimes if I were to just look at people (in a kind way as I passed them by) they give me the stink eye.
As if I have no business to want to give a glance or a gentle silent greeting to acknowledge their existence. I would hope people could acknowledge mine.

Is it just me? Or what's going on here?

I understand the meaning of feeling lonely in crowds more than ever from this perspective, but really it makes no sense if we all agree on the first point.

At times I admit I even get scared to look at 'strangers' because I am afraid I might make them feel uncomfortable.

So what's really happening? Flight or flight response? Sense of fear? Ego? Misreading faces? Too busy? Alerts firing off without real reason?

Now, we're only talking about a split second/ a single moment in time; for I may never see these people again, yet it still kind of bothers me.

Anyone else getting this feeling?

I do not know how far you are taking the "oneness" thing here but if you are saying we are all the same, I have to disagree with that.

It could all be a case that you might be close to finding your answers.

If that is the case then this might help you understand...

Matthew 7:5

"Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

It might not be everyone else that is uncomfortable with you looking at them etc.

A lot of people are starting to see. Use your ears as well and things will become so much clearer.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by XXXN3O]

[edit on 2-9-2009 by serin sister]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
excuse me for reposting this i made a response then edited and what i wanted to say just isnt there, so here it goes

it is a paradox we are all one but then again we are all alone what an intersting connectins of words alone allone???? so is it that people are on different frequencies those that are aware or more aware and those who just arnt, is the divide causing that feeling of seperation, as in not on your wavelength so then you are not tuned in to the frequencies that do not match yours

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

Aw c'mon. That's just a copout answer!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by serin sister
it is a paradox we are all one but then again we are all alone what an intersting connectins of words alone allone???? so is it that people are on different frequencies those that are aware or more aware and those who just arnt, is the divide causing that feeling of seperation, as in not on your wavelength so then you are not tuned in to the frequencies that do not match yours

I think you might be onto something there...
I mean isn't Earth just a place for a variety of different souls? ...as we all learn and 'move on up' or potentially 'move on down'.

Also, there's "alien" life on Earth. There's ETs in disguise here...oh and not to mention Reptilians...and hybrids and such.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
it is called duality. Being 2, having a connection is natural, but also being separate is.

It is all a big cycle of stuff, some times there are contradictions and paradoxes, but that's the universe we grew up in...unstable, yet so infinitely stable

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

Gotta love this universe.

It's quite something....and nothing.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

Yep...I do hope it isn't just a huge waist of space (yet I find nothing gone to waist here in my little world).

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
While we are all one as far as a human race, we are each seperate and distinct entities. I do not feel a oneness and I think that is jargon. This is just my two pennies of course but I feel that as of late people leave me feeling drained. I almost crave quiet and solitude sometimes. No, I do crave it. I need it. I think we all do.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
While we are all one as far as a human race, we are each seperate and distinct entities. I do not feel a oneness and I think that is jargon. This is just my two pennies of course but I feel that as of late people leave me feeling drained. I almost crave quiet and solitude sometimes. No, I do crave it. I need it. I think we all do.

You and I are in essence alone. You are me and I am you.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I doubt that severely. Saying stuff like that just makes you sound cool, but doesn't necessarily bear any truth.

Maybe that's because I don't know anything, though. I'd agree with that.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The rinzai Zen school masters called the feeling of oneness or the sudden "ah-ha!" of enlightenment Kensho. It was seen as not particularly difficult to attain...but VERY difficult to sustain.

We all have flashes of higher consciousness...keeping them alive during the rough-and-tumble of daily life is where the challenge is.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I doubt that severely. Saying stuff like that just makes you sound cool, but doesn't necessarily bear any truth.

Maybe that's because I don't know anything, though. I'd agree with that.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Whine Flu]

Maybe you think it sounds cool, but to my knowledge I severely believe I am one with all. I also cant recall anything to be the truth either, what do i know? what do you know? Nothing.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Are you a fan of Tool by any chance?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Tool? Please explain.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

yes exactly, all sorts of entities all etc

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think this is regional. I moved (back) to the the gulf coast after 10 years in the west recently, and I can hardly believe how nice everyone is here. Its pretty much universal too. Maybe you should move.

Edit to remove few of the more negative comments!

[edit on 4-9-2009 by joechip]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join