It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you feeling the oneness?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

Hi, I think the 'oneness' they refer to is actually beneath the surface

Extrasesory perception, for example. Comes seemingly out of the blue. And reveals the oneness

Precognitive dreams is another

Telepathic communication, another

Knowing in advance that someone is going to drop by 'out of the blue', or phone, or write. That must have happened to everyone at sometime or another (for some, it's a regular occurrence)

Here's another --- humming a tune without thinking about it, and when you turn on the radio -- same tune

Sensing that someone is going to die, even people you don't know. For example, tonight while busily engaged in something, it suddenly 'came to me' that the Queen's husband, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, would die. When .. don't know. Usually when things 'come to me' that way, it means a week or two. I haven't been thinking about, or reading about or watching on tv anything about Prince Philip. Can't remember the last time I thought about him. And he sure doesn't know me.

Two scientists or writers or artists producing the same or very similar works virtually simultaneously when they live on opposite sides of the globe quite often and have never heard of each other, never been in contact. That's happened several times

The writer, Morgan-something (can't remember) writing a book about a ship, maiden voyage, struck an iceberg, huge loss of life, etc. Then, couple of years later .. the Titanic disaster

Oh, this is a good one: similarities between twins that were separated at birth. They produced a documentary about several sets of such twins some years ago. For example, the two boys who were separated at birth and were never told they had a twin. When they were reunited by the documentary people, it was discovered they had numerous uncanny traits in common and their life-histories were like carbon copies of each other in many respects: each had married twice, first wives name (let's say) Betty. Both had x-number of children. Both married for a second time to women named xxxx. Both loved home improvements and had a dedicated workshop. Both had built a circular seat to surround a large tree in their rear yard. Both had an X-terrier named 'Tom', etc. There were numerous examples, equally amazing.

Occasionally we hear that a rail/air or other disaster was narrowly avoided when the head driver/pilot said 'turn left' but the co-pilot/driver .. despite hearing the instruction .. turned right, thus avoiding certain disaster. It's later revealed that the head driver/pilot had in fact been reading the map or instruments upside down, or whatever, or had meant to say 'turn right'. The co-pilots had somehow discerned what the other had intended and saved lives.

We hear of 'messages' being sent and received between people separated by vast distances which alert one or the other of an impending accident, death or injury.

Hunches, intuitions .. people avoiding taking the stairs or elevator, only to learn later that a crazy person or killer had intended to kill the next person they encountered in the elevator or stairs. Transmission of the killer's intentions to the potential victim ?

Someone I knew used to drop in at various times. I had no way of knowing when they'd turn up. Yet apparently I used to get up and prepare their coffee just the way they liked it. And it was still hot when they walked through the door. I didn't realise I was doing it .. flatmates noticed it .. said it creeped them out.

So the oneness lies beneath the surface. Outwardly, we seem to have a need to exercise our separateness, most often. At times of crisis however (for example) the oneness tends to becomes more apparent. Or when many people are united in a cause, perhaps -- as when crowds take to the streets, or rise in unison in a hall. At times like that, their combined emotions can make them appear similar to a shoal of fish, or herd of animals.

We might suspect the authorities are attempting to manipulate/capitalize on the 'oneness' with regard to the alleged 'swine flu'. It's to be suspected they're attempting to activate something akin to the (now debunked) '100th monkey' thing. Although, I shouldn't jest about it, because there have been numerous studies which claim that with pandemics, people in distant locations fall to the disease once it's diagnosed here .. and there -- almost as if people 'pick up' the disease through the air. Which they're not doing of course, because of the distances involved. It's suspected pandemics evolve due to a 'shared mind' situation

But, like you, most of us don't feel (aren't consciously aware of) any great sense of 'oneness' in the course of our everyday lives

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

A movie didn't tell me i was one with all, my life experiences have told me that. Which is why i firmly believe it. Aslo what sentimacy? lol

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

aaaaahh....

Now I know. Thanks.

I thought they were referring to us all being one meaning we all came from the same "seed", continued humping each other until, BOOM! 6 Billion people.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice

A movie didn't tell me i was one with all, my life experiences have told me that. Which is why i firmly believe it. Aslo what sentimacy? lol

Not Sentimacy.

I took the word SEMANTIC and then put "Y" at the end of it.
I wrote don't be all "Semanticy".
I made it up. LOL

It is valid to question meanings of words and such, but I am sure it was understood what we meant by the word "rude".

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

My meaning of one is that everything is connected physically and spiritually. =]

EDIT: eh, i know what you think you know is rude. but that really isnt anything that you know or i for that matter.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

My meaning of one is that everything is connected physically and spiritually. =]

Wait a minute...

*thinking*

That's what I thought....wait I am slightly confused now.

Someone clear this up...how are we all connected then??

I am thinking of during 'what the Bleep do we know' when they showed the basketballs in one scene and showed how they could all simultaneously be in different places but were the same thing.

Is this true for humans?

This is kind of a weird concept to grasp.

How ever oneness is defined...still I am not feeling it.
It's a shame, and it's sad.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

EDIT: eh, i know what you think you know is rude. but that really isnt anything that you know or i for that matter.

Well or course...what do we know?

We know very little it seems...and this is true....and that I know...or wait maybe I don't know that.......unless that's included in the little that I know....wait....what?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
its hard to clear it up for you, because all i can do is give you my theory. keep in mind i know nothing and neither do you =)

I think that everything physical is one because when it comes down to it were all just energy, everything. and spiritually is a bit harder for me to describe... i believe we all have manifested from the same thing, what that is? want my real answer? Here it is = my self.

bet i confused you even more! oh well i really know nothing anyways so dont worry.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

But if we know nothing then what is true???

Aaah, as time goes on I just don't know, and in this moment I don't really care to think about semantics and who's theory is the right one.

I just simply don't get why people have to act as if they're separate from everything and everyone.

I've said it before, doesn't everyone have to sit down and defecate like everyone else? I mean, we still are these smelly things running around and nobody seems to have the slightest clue what's really going on.
So, what's with all the "I am just going to keep to myself, and nobody look at me" attitude?
Uuumm, we're all in this together so why not help each other make this more bearable?
I don't ask for much.

*sits with my head buried in hands*
Oh what a world...

Does anybody else see how much of a silly species we can be?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Haven't read the thread fully but all it takes to feel the "oneness" is a healthy dose of shrooms, in my opinion. If anyone's interested I'd recommend Aldous Huxleys The Doors of Perception.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor

Aaah, as time goes on I just don't know, and in this moment I don't really care to think about semantics and who's theory is the right one.

I just simply don't get why people have to act as if they're separate from everything and everyone.

I've said it before, doesn't everyone have to sit down and defecate like everyone else? I mean, we still are these smelly things running around and nobody seems to have the slightest clue what's really going on.
So, what's with all the "I am just going to keep to myself, and nobody look at me" attitude?
Uuumm, we're all in this together so why not help each other make this more bearable?
I don't ask for much.

Oh what a world...

nope. nothing need be added or subtracted from this world, everything will happen as its meant to be. remember you cannot die and just live.

EDIT: nothing is true, thats why i try best to live without ideas or notions. its is why i just live.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I don't ask for much.

Oh what a world...

nope. nothing need be added or subtracted from this world, everything will happen as its meant to be. remember you cannot die and just live.

EDIT: nothing is true, thats why i try best to live without ideas or notions. its is why i just live.

Aaaah, you know your right.
At first I wasn't quite sure about your intetions...but now I got what your saying.

Yup...just livin'. For sure.

Still though...I feel something is up, and people are acting separate. I have a suspicion I am not the only one who feels this way.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I don't ask for much.

Oh what a world...

Aaaah, you know your right.
At first I wasn't quite sure about your intetions...but now I got what your saying.

Yup...just livin'. For sure.

Still though...I feel something is up, and people are acting separate. I have a suspicion I am not the only one who feels this way.

Sure, people act seperate. Acting seperate and being seperate are two different things. The ego causes you to act, i beleive but when you are free from this ego, you just are (like nirvana), which is everyones true nature, i believe.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
^
You're probably right.

Uh, damn ego.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I've known about the reality that we are all One.. but knowing this, understanding it and experiencing it is a completely different thing. I am and have been seeking this feeling and experience in my life though, at least recently. I have little instances where I feel one with life and other people, but it seems to be a rare occurrence for me.

Yet, just yesterday I feel I experienced this "oneness". I was riding my bike on this one bike trail, I had brought a water which I put in my left pocket shorts and a vitamin water sat in my water holder on my bike. I had just opened the water from my pocket, took a sip and thought, I shouldn't have brought this ... I don't need it, I've got another drink in my holder that will satisfy my thirst, I dont know why I even brought it.

After say 2 or 3 minutes after this, I saw a man running his heart out, heading in my direction. I noticed he was all sweaty, tired, and it looked as if he hadn't brought any thing for himself to drink. Now where we were at, there isn't a water fountain or source to relieve a person's thirst, not for quite a while. I had immediately, without almost any thought decided to give him this water as we passed, after all I could see clearly that he was the one in need. We got closer to each other and I stopped him, "excuse me, excuse me..." I said, "do you need this?" as I reached out with the bottle in my hand. He had the look of dis-belief on his face as he accepted it and gave me two great big thank you's.. not the all too common "thanks", but the real sincere Thank You that people just seem to not use any more.

I was really touched while I looked back at him as he took a couple big gulps from it.. I knew he was sincerely thankful and that I was the source of what he needed and I gave it to him selflessly.. not the biggest gift one can give, sure, but it was all too perfect and It felt so good to give him that, I had the biggest feeling of goodness about myself I've felt in such a long time. This, maybe wasnt the best example of feeling the Oneness with Life, but I feel it is an example of such an experience.

A similar thing I'd like to share, I heard from the "Conversations with God" series audiobook, in my own words: if we today decide and choose to see everyone and everything as One with us and not separate in any way, but an intrinsic part of ourselves, it will change the world over..

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
People are all separate but all share a common goal.

Besides, if we were all one we wouldn't have militaries of the world in battlefields pitting it out against on another for no reason.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8rDude7

Heh to each his own, I for one almost always feel one with all. During telekinesis i feel it even more profoundly, to bend the spoon you have to bend yourself. =]

During certain meditation i aslo feel it more profoundly aswell, or when i do energy blending techniques to mesh myself with the elements around me.

This other instance, may be a product of my mind or something i'm not quite sure. But when i touch certain people,animals, or objects i get this.. sort of transfer and feel what they feel i.e. when i touched a fishing hook, i felt pain or when i touched a captive turtle i almost started crying, is this just empathy?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

For a while now I've kept hearing how we are all connected.
We are all one.
I am sure most people on ATS would conclude that, that is the case.

But, to be honest I am not feeling a connection at all.

On rare occasions people smile and wave

I don't know why but that opening struck me as extremely funny! Thanks for the laugh! I needed that today.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
People are all separate but all share a common goal.

Besides, if we were all one we wouldn't have militaries of the world in battlefields pitting it out against on another for no reason.

People are all seperate and share a common goal???? what goal is this that i share with you? I don't have any goals.

So your reasoning that were not all one, is because of our ego?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
OP,

Simply remember that each person is a universe unto themselves.
Everyone is living their own dramas in their own minds - and we have no control over their though processes.

When you can embrace this, it makes it possible to love everyone unconditionally. It's even humorous at times, because each of us is a part of the greater whole.

They are you and you are them. Because you, too, live in your own version of your universe (your dramas and views).

Step One: Never take anything personally. Remember it is their drama, not yours. You can make yours anything you want. Smile at the stink eyes! LOL They are just souls on a journey - like you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join