It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think that Alex Jones is into something.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Alex Jones is an adiot. All he does is babble and i have yet to see one shred of evidence of anything he is talking about. Further more nothing he has said would come has come true thus far. He's just another blow-hard.

I find your post an overly generalized statement lacking just as much basis in fact as you claim against Alex Jones. I've listened to his show for the past few months, with regards to the topic de jour "vaccinations" I agree with what he's said, based on PERSONAL experience for my son having reacted badly to vaccines.

I find the people he brings on to discuss known side-effects quite credible and very well known in their particular fields of expertise.

Just because he's given to shouting and being overly opinionated is not a justification to name call. He's the way he is because he sees what most of us deny to ourselves every day, rightfully so he's ANGRY as we should all be!

In the coming months we'll all have a front row seat for the show about to unfold, which will tell us, is he wrong? are we headed in the direction, lead by those un-elected officials (money men) and more importantly...can we put a stop to it and take our country back from these criminal minds?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Alex does two things.

The first thing he does is he points you to references, articles, clips, he is like a google search term, or a friend who knows your taste in music. In my experience, every article or reference that he says says so-and-so pretty much does say so-and-so, any ambiguity is present in the original material and I have not seen him misread or misrepresent a source. So as a repeater, his score is good, pretty unequivocally.

His other function, which I would call determining weight of emphasis, is much more artistic, harder to quantify his worth at...He can report a list of accurately-quoted sources, all of which are "true", true enough, good everyday data points which taken together seem to prove such-and-such ...but there may be (probably are) somewhere some other citations, equally true-enough everyday data points, that might seem to prove anti-(such-and-such)...In other words, every individual thing Alex references may be true-enough and accurately-quoted...But if we knew everything about whatever topic Alex is on about, if we had a God's-eye-view or if we were 20 years in the future and knew how things all turned out, would the particular true-enough things that Alex mentions be the most necessary and informative things that he could have picked?...Well probably not...Alex is not God, doesn't know everything, and does not come from the future...I find it easy to forgive him for that...Plus the easiest way to sort through a whole vast pile of info is to take a strong point-of-view/bias and sort everything into pro- and con- your hypothesis...That is what Alex is doing, and there is nothing wrong with that, he is not lying or crazy, and when he gets stuff wrong it is because he gets stuck harping on the wrong (factually-correct but ultimately irrelevant-or-insignificant) data points.
So if we had to rate Alex on this task, how well does he pick which true-enough reference-items to emphasize...he is not as good at this as he is at being a repeater (but it's a harder task), maybe he's half-right, right now I don't think we know enough to evaluate the predictive value of his world-view.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I feel the same way, He is on to something, That's also why I think the government is gona try to discredit him and destroy him with this whole swine flu thing, I think they created the flu & spread it in a way that would raise red flags with people like Alex Jones and also the same thing about the way they are talking about the vaccine, So he'll go around everyday saying don't take the shot don't take the shot & then when people start dying, their family will say "Alex Jones said don't take the shot & they listened" & with that happening, Alex Jones & the truth movement will be over, just my opinion/theory.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Hallelujia!! Amen brother!

Finally someone with some common sense about them...

Of course an opinion that resides on earlthy terrain gets ignored, unlike the ones that are floating above the clouds...sad they way things work like that...

What is so funny about Alex Jones is he is a regurgitator with a little twist. He likes to add his pathetic outlandish persona to everything he shouts threw his bullhorn. More than half the "info" he spews is actually research from someon elses hard work.

What he does is propogandizes it and makes it easily accessible for all the other conspiracy nerds out there that dont have the time or want to give the effort to research the "conspiracies" Jones talks about. So he desperately tries to tie things together that do not go together at all by "piecing together" the puzzle un-meticulously...

Its a sad day when someone like Jones is looked up to as hero.

You have real genuine interest and knowledge about how to achieve real change through peaceful legislation and democratic means with someone like Ron Paul, and he gets ignored. But as soon as the maniac with the bullhorn shows up everyone starts screaming constitution and how the elite are out to kill us....watch all the maniacs come roaring out of their caves with their guns strapped to their sides thinking they are "protecting " their second amendment...

Last thing I will say about him is he is a distraction. And that is about the best thing I can say about him.

edit for typos and to clarify

[edit on 1-9-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

God I love reading Douglas Adams. You can't say what he was saying was true, obviously, but you can let your mind waft into his uncanny world, by letting his words whisper softly into your imagination..

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Jones may not be the best source but getting the shock into people who haven't been paying attention is one way to get them going. I think there needs to be more backing for people like Ron Paul and others that are somewhat honest in Congress. Get them into the spotlight more often.

Watch Kay Griggs and get blown away. She may seem a bit religious but she is a first hand account because of her husband. This should be added to the OP.

video.google.com...

[edit on 1-9-2009 by daddio]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
Its a sad day when someone like Jones is looked up to as hero.

If that's what you really believe, then you haven't listened to Alex Jones enough. He has stated countless times that he doesn't want to be everybody's hero or focal point. He says that he doesn't want to be at the helm of the massive conspiracy ship. Unlike most people who sit on forums all day and complain about everything (not you in particular, but I know of some), Alex Jones is actually trying to make a difference by spreading around information in the only way he knows how. If you think you can do a better job, maybe you should start up a radio show -- or at the very least, a news blog.

Alex has stated on numerous occasions that if you think you can do better than him, don't talk about it, do it.

[edit on 9/1/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Exactly - I've seen it so many times, it becomes blinding. People who WANT to understand their world, taking on the opinions people who only rant about political things they know entice emotion to further their own self-worth.

I honestly have no idea what Jones agenda is. Self serving egotism or uber concerned prolific public persona - I do know that he grabs the least common denominator and thrusts it out as the unheard voice of reality.

When so many people are stuck, struggling for answers, I find his ilk a corrupted and horrible answer.

Jones for me, is no less a cultural snake in the grass of society, than any other nefarious force leading the populace away from - dare I say it, or is there another word - patriotic ideals. Patriotism has itself conjurd bad interpretations these days.. perhaps I mean loyalty to your own community.. At the very least, I mean respect to your neighbors.

meh, he is a miscreant in my mind.

(ps, I need a new spelling checker - all My aussie comes out yankied!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
For those who think Alex is part of the NWO because he uses the money he makes to make and sell shirts rather than hold a rally for people and actually "do something," are you serious?

He makes those shirts so people can walk around expressing what is on the shirt to help wake people up. Also, keep in mind the amount of documentaries he has made. He is always there for that.

I'm not saying that he is not controlled opposition (who knows for sure) but to say he is just because he sells merch? Seriously? If you could make money by fighting for our freedom, wouldn't you?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
If that's what you really believe, then you haven't listened to Alex Jones enough. He has stated countless times that he doesn't want to be everybody's hero or focal point. He says that he doesn't want to be at the helm of the massive conspiracy ship.

Yet infowars, is so subtle it is a quiet as a mouse... Squeek..

Unlike most people who sit on forums all day and complain about everything (not you in particular, but I know of some), Alex Jones is actually trying to make a difference by spreading around information in the only way he knows how.

Loudly and on a public forum, as-well as other mediums.. Not squeak.

He wants people to hear his voice.

If you think you can do a better job, maybe you should start up a radio show -- or at the very least, a news blog.

What is it that he is spreading? Knowledge or misinterpreted and SELF SERVING propaganda?

Everytime I hear about him, it's either 100% FOR him or 100% WTF is this guy on?! - AGAIN???

He serves no purpose without the people who place 100% faith in his words. He's awake? What - because he can recite things joe teatowel who registered here in feb 08 does? Or because he knows about things fred bloggs knew in 02 ?

Alex has stated on numerous occasions that if you think you can do better than him, don't talk about it, do it.

Do WHAT? Elicit peoples emotions by proclaiming absurdities so often that they appear truth?

Isnt that what people say the govt does? Lie enough that the people accept it as true?

MAKE YOUR MIND UP !

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Exactly.

I do not care what people say about him, I will respect him because he is the reason why I am even looking deeper into government policy, etc.

Well, that and my father also got me into critical thinking.

If only for that reason, then I will respect him and see him as a human being, prone to error like all of us, and on "our side".

EDIT TO ADD:

In other words, if he inspired me, he inspired others to critically think, and that to me is the first step to being independent.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

If that's what you really believe, then you haven't listened to Alex Jones enough. He has stated countless times that he doesn't want to be everybody's hero or focal point.

Maybe so, but I find it impossible to differentiate his motivations and intentions with those of a scam artist...especially considering the ridiculous amounts of money he asks for his little "documentaries."

If you think you can do a better job, maybe you should start up a radio show -- or at the very least, a news blog.

Why? I have better things to do than to spread alarmist style scare tactics that are meant to motivate people to go to my websites and radio shows to listen to my advertisements and buy my ludicrous opinions via dvd...

If you are interested in revolution and all the stuff Alex Jones says is out to kill you, the best thing you can do at this point is to side with people who have actually been in the fight for our rights for decades...i.e. Ron Paul...theres a patriot. Theres someone actually doing something about all the "NWO"...
conspiracies...without using jibberish and/or fear mongering.

If your interested in truth then get to know Ron Pauls arguments and what it is he is trying to get through to the public. He made huge strides with the last election...but he gets associated with people like Alex Jones... so the msm and the rest of the GOP writes him off as some nut job...

Especially considering Paul has been the only consistant level headed voice in D.C. for the last 2 decades. Then you have Jones' (who has been associate with R.P. because of interviews..Ill give Jones that much...at least he gives R.P. a venue) who spreads his propoganda which gets identified with a real movement but does nothing to promote those ideals and further the agenda of constitutional liberty...In fact he accomplishes the exact opposite with his scare mongering...creating a shadow over the campaign for liberty so many have died for and worked hard trying to protect...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
theres a large amount of people that are falling back asleep or simply giving in to the daze they've been in, bashing alex left and right using the very people that push the lies as their "credible" sources against alex, and then saying hes bad cause he makes money off his documentaries......wow....ignornce at its prime.....hell if i could cash in on the sheeple i would too ignorant bastards choosing to ignore the world around them stick to they're material dreams praising their televisions....ALL OF ALEX's VIDEOS ARE ONLINE FOR FREE!!!!.....and its not illegal if alex is putting it out there....

REALITY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT PERSONAL BELIEFS!!!!!

NOW IS THE TIME.....PEOPLE ARE EITHER WAKING UP OR GOING INTO A FULL BLOWN COMA!!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Conflict of Interest with GCN, Midas Resources, Ted Anderson, and Alex Jones.

The main problem I have with Alex Jones is that it appears to me that he's out to scare people in to purchasing gold and silver. It wouldn't be so bad if Ted Anderson didn't own both Midas Resources and GCN (Genesis Communications Network), the network Alex broadcasts from. Its a major conflict of interest and at minimum Alex's listeners should be made aware of this FACT before they listen to his daily "END-O-THE-WORLD" rant. I'm convinced he's out to get you to purchase gold and silver from Midas Resources.

I purchased gold and silver from Midas Resources because of what I heard on Alex's show. I've also have done nothing but lost money because gold has gone down in price. I'm currently in the hole by thousands of dollars. The world hasn't ended yet, hyper-inflation seems years off and I wish I had my dollars back (deflation).

This makes me NOT believe much else he says. I think he twists things around to fit his version of reality, and things get pretty warped.

I haven't even started with his mental problems, paranoia, narcissistic personality disorder, and generic rage. Most of it is for the show but some of it is for real.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

When so many people are stuck, struggling for answers, I find his ilk a corrupted and horrible answer.

Thats just the thing...he (Jones) knows people dont know how to inform themselves properly...so he plays off their ignorance and fills their head full of conspiratorial catch phrases like NWO and "the powers that be"...

he does nothing in the way of informing the people properly or getting them to think for themselves...

Its all an "us vs. them" mentality..."they" are trying to kill "us"..

its assanying...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by candlelight32

damn man that sucks..

I came real close to jumping on the gold wagon last august/ September when things took a turn for..well the abyss really...

But the more I read up on all the new "gold" pushers the more I saw it was a ploy and it wasnt going to hit that $2000 mark people had been talking about...

Sorry to hear bout your situation...You should sue...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've been listening to him for a few years now, and yeah, he's onto something. I actually met him at the beach, in South Padre Island TX in sept 2002. I had no idea who he was at the time. I was there for my Uncle's wedding, and was hanging out by the pool at the hotel. We were having a conversation about 9/11 and Alex heard us talking. He said that there were explosives in the buildings before the planes hit, and that 9/11 was an inside job. I didn't believe it.

A couple years later in 04' I saw a vid of WTC7 going down, and realized that he was right.

So I guess you could say he woke me up.

He does use some of the same fear mongering tactics as MSM to sell some of his advertisers wares, but you gotta pay the bills somehow. He is a little wild and sensational, exaggerates a little. But overall his heart is in the right place and he is helping to wake people up to what is going on. He is the only one that is doing what he is doing, and he is certainly having a large positive impact with waking people up. He is the tip of the spear in the "infowar" which is a term he coined.

I have thought about the prospects that maybe he is a gov't plant to get those that oppose the NWO to stand up, so they would have an easier time rounding us up, but I just don't think that is the case. Alex is causing way too much damage to the NWO to possibly be part of them.

I support AJ!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliBruh
For those who think Alex is part of the NWO because he uses the money he makes to make and sell shirts rather than hold a rally for people and actually "do something," are you serious?

He makes those shirts so people can walk around expressing what is on the shirt to help wake people up. Also, keep in mind the amount of documentaries he has made. He is always there for that.

I'm not saying that he is not controlled opposition (who knows for sure) but to say he is just because he sells merch? Seriously? If you could make money by fighting for our freedom, wouldn't you?

See the above post by me. Selling gold and silver can be very lucrative to say the least. Everything else is just window dressing. Half of each page on his websites are advertisements. He's makes far more money from the affiliate links and gold than from any of his videos or t-shirts. I'd go as far to say that he could even give the videos and t-shirts away and he'd still make out like a bandit.

Have you seen his house?

If people looked in to how much he makes etc... you might be surprise if not pissed.

Believe what you will.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have been listening to Alex for over a year now and just within the past 2 months I stopped listening to him.

I have come to the conclusion that he is working for ONE of the factions, just not sure which one? (could be the jesuits) He is definitely being protected by some faction of the elite or he would NOT be allowed to say what he says on his shows.

He is selling fear.....FEAR, FEAR, FEAR---THEY'RE COMING TO GET US--THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING..........
And he offers absolutely NO solutions what soever to any of the problems.

Also if you post on his comments board and mention "knights of Malta," your post will not show up!

Fear is not a part of my world anymore so I simply turned him off.

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What he proposed isnt really new at all. Him saying that the "right" and the "left" are basically the same thing is true. I think that it is pretty obvious that whichever "side" wins, you end up gettin the same guy in as prez. And the same thing that mrs. sheehan said, one side gets in just so the at least half the country (bout half really) is all for the a-hole that is prez usually cause they dont want to admit that they made a mistake for voting for such an a## and feel like an idiot.

People buy that "I'm going to CHANGE America" crap hook line and sinker. Nothing really changes, just keeps moving forward into the direction that it has been. Only difference is how fast it can move forward. Obama is a perfect example. He is totally the next bush so to speak. Completely furthered Bush's policies and hasnt "changed" a damn thing. And to the republicans that are out there thinkin that Bush was any good what so ever ("He stopped more terrorist attacks man" is usually the argument which imho is really hard to prove), please explain for the need of the bailout. Or how bout why we even went to Iraq at all. That was the biggest thing, really. "We are going to hunt down Osama bin Laden, but first we are just gonna make this little side trip to Iraq is all. Just a stop on the way to ridding the world of terrorists." Come on, really?

Its been the same thing for years. We are told one thing then shown another. Only difference is, the masters (banks, oligarch-companies, etc...) have finally got someone in there that can speak well. People really get drawn into what this man says just by the way he talks. Obama is like a mix between MLK and Malcom X when he opens his mouth. I happen to love when you listen to Rush and he speeds up the clips so Obama is talking like a chipmunk, completely destroys how he says it and lets u actually hear what he is saying. We should do that with everybody from now on. Maybe people will actually start to wake up a bit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join